• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Florida Panthers vs. Boston Bruins

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sucker punches to take out the best players is ok now..... or is not ok for non NHL endorsed teams?? I can not keep up anymore...

The Rat is most likely out with a concussion and that sucks that Bennett is not facing any discipline.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sucker punches to take out the best players is ok now..... or is not ok for non NHL endorsed teams?? I can not keep up anymore...

The Rat is most likely out with a concussion and that sucks that Bennett is not facing any discipline.

I thought it was odd that originally the DOPeS did not see a reverse angle of the Bennett hit on Marchand until yesterday. I mean, isn't that your job to seek out all possible video evidence before deciding whether or not to apply supplementary discipline?!? Of course, after seeing the reverse angle, they quickly came out with a "it doesn't change our view on the hit". Okay then.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was odd that originally the DOPeS did not see a reverse angle of the Bennett hit on Marchand until yesterday. I mean, isn't that your job to seek out all possible video evidence before deciding whether or not to apply supplementary discipline?!? Of course, after seeing the reverse angle, they quickly came out with a "it doesn't change our view on the hit". Okay then.
I have always assumed that in order to broadcast a game or even record it in your arena, you needed to provide all feeds to the NHL.

If that's not the case, that's a failing of the league.
If that is the case, and they never looked for it, that's a failing of the league.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always assumed that in order to broadcast a game or even record it in your arena, you needed to provide all feeds to the NHL.

If that's not the case, that's a failing of the league.
If that is the case, and they never looked for it, that's a failing of the league.

I think that is the case. I recall somebody from the Penguins local broadcast production team being fired approximately 10-15 years ago from not providing the league all angles of something under review.

The details are fuzzy but I’m positive this happened.

It was Lowell MacDonald’s son. Suspended not fired

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Boston fans are probably ecstatic inside. If they can't win it all, they cling like hell to any excuse and now they have two big ones. Marchand isn't playing and Bennett's goal shouldn't have counted (not GI IMO, but play should be dead for the crosscheck). We're gonna be hearing the crying for decades. Woe is them when they lose, team of destiny when they win. No in-between.

How long did they hold onto the Bill Buckner thing? Until they won.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman has been so good in these playoffs, but he oven mitted that one.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman has been so good in these playoffs, but he oven mitted that one.
He probably expected that Lindholm was holding Reinhart enough that he wouldn't get a shot off.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinen pushed Bob's skate/pad with his stick.

Edit: lol *shrug*

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is and what isn't goalie interference is a bigger mystery than what happened to D.B. Cooper...
I have said for years that they need at least one former goalie in the war room. Only a goalie would understand why that push on the skate upsets your balance so much.

I feel like the challenge was because Bob's stick got knocked out, but that was outside the crease and OEL's stick did it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is and what isn't goalie interference is a bigger mystery than what happened to D.B. Cooper...
DB was my childhood idol.

And maybe if goalies took a page out of Billy Smiths book there wouldn’t be as much interference on them. Todays goalies are charmin soft - you got a stick and blocker and if the pucks not there you might as well put those tools to another use.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Bennett went down faster there than that girl did on Kodak Black in the same arena :D