• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calcetrare in dentibus...latin..

Kik in the teeth..

Sure..dent..the bus..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bargo....
Kik..there..business.out..that..will.
Kik..them..to start..and bring our manufacuring...to.

Mexico ..????..

What ..????

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ulmax..you were..made..in America..

Yep..and I'm staying..there..

As..well .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If fansides..says..30.6..for geno..for.2 or 3..
Then..25..for 4..would be ok..
Leaving..more .space..for..a de..that is needed..

And..sneakingly..trade..#5..down..for more picks....and or..future..picks..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addisons..catch..is 76...

Xavier..Hutchison..of Iowa state .is even better..At...86...give me a break..and use some math...
Ohh my..goodness..

Smith- njigba is ok..Ohio state..
But..Ohio..state..guys..typicly hate..on Seattle..
Round 2..oc..I'll go with that..
Van Ness..Iowa..ok
te.Washington
..omg..again..

You really..don't .like..Emmanuel forbs.
Cb..you want other .teams to stomp
All over .the Seahawks..
I yi yi..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok..maybe I'm messed..up..I'll.go.with
Addiso..or
Hyatt..
Whoever..can jump..higher..which.is not.
Yet..on.the..list...
And a j perry....at 6-5..
later..maybe.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll Target..Hyatt..can beat..any..cb..
Has. A..34.5..virtical..that we..know of .

Both guys. Are .belitnicoff..winners..
And in collage in the slot..Moore..
Hyatt..maybe better..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to make that point but my old brain couldn't remember which Mariner was the unlucky one. Felix.
Which Mariner was the unlucky one?

He's definitely not the only one who had their best years wasted here. There are probably a dozen others I can name but Kyle Seager is the first one that comes to mind most recently. Spent his entire career here only to get fucked over by Dipoto and see the team make the playoffs the year after he hangs up the cleats.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be awesome. I am keeping positive...until they give me reason not to.
Doctor got you on some Zoloft now?

It was always "I am keeping realistic... until they give me a reason to be optimistic."

We might need to get you checked out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow Kelenic and White both break camp w/ the big club and get regular playing time all season and have a collective 850-1000 at bats between them and post these ballpark offensive numbers ( below ). I see us giving the Astros all they can handle in a battle for the AL West division title.

Kelenic - 375 at bats ( he will be a part time platoon player in LF ) - avg .245 ** HRs 22 ** rbi 65 ** stolen bases 15

White - 525 at bats ( play 140 games at 1b ) - avg .260 ** HRs 28 ** rbi 80 ** stolen bases - who cares

Most likely a pipedream ... BUT it could happen as stated.
Sadly I think that definitely is a pipe dream, but if that happened I'd legitimately think this team would be one of the best teams in baseball.

I will say that the LF situation might not be as bad as some of us think. I know Pollock is on the wrong side of 30, but over the past 4 years here are his numbers against lefties: 440 PAs, .304/.350/.593, 24 doubles, 31 HRs, 75 RBI. Anything close to that production would be huge.

Additionally, Kelenic does hit RHP better than lefties.

Kelenic reaching your projection I think is a lot more likely than White reaching that, but if he did hit like that it would be huge given how great he is in the field.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave..them..a next..years..re-pre- view..
They gave .me my own thread..
But..
Unappriatively....I took the ball..and..ran..
With a video...thread ..
The..little..devel. Got pissed....

Hence..kiked..yeah .stuff..happens .
But..even know..I'm done..with..Seahawks..
It's..right .before...spring .so ...
It's ok .on a mariners..channel...for..
A bit ...but..that is it ...
I'm still confused, what does "kiked" mean? Did they ban you or something?

Also who is the "little devel?" why did they get pissed? and what video did you post?

C'mon ulmax... we need more details...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just put this out there, if that is their lineup for 2026 then I definitely will be complaining a lot on this board. That means zero trades and no way should Geno or JP be starters for a World Series team unless all of the other guys become studs. To me, JP is in the Marco category of where he is great for the current team but if the Mariners are in a clutch moment on offense and he is coming up they need to PH. A late game defensive replacement fine, but not a star. If that is there lineup then they have a crap load of capital to spend to upgrade the team where Ray, JP nor Geno are the guys.
When Baseball America does their top prospect articles, I'm pretty sure the projected lineups they list for teams only include people already in the organization. I haven't looked at any of the other articles on other organizations, but every single person in that lineup is already in the organization.

I don't know if I'll get heat for this, but the shitty thing about J.P. Crawford is that he's too much of a leader and fan favorite to replace despite being nothing more than an above average defensive shortstop with a below average bat. I don't know how to quantify leadership, but realistically speaking he's a mid-tier SS at best. We passed on close to a dozen upgrades at SS the past two years because Dipoto has chained himself to him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Baseball America does their top prospect articles, I'm pretty sure the projected lineups they list for teams only include people already in the organization. I haven't looked at any of the other articles on other organizations, but every single person in that lineup is already in the organization.

I don't know if I'll get heat for this, but the shitty thing about J.P. Crawford is that he's too much of a leader and fan favorite to replace despite being nothing more than an above average defensive shortstop with a below average bat. I don't know how to quantify leadership, but realistically speaking he's a mid-tier SS at best. We passed on close to a dozen upgrades at SS the past two years because Dipoto has chained himself to him.
Oh, I guess I didn’t know that if it is only in house guys. I’d rather they resign Teoscar and have him DH over Geno. Ideally Celestin would follow Julio’s path and be the SS in 2026 over JP or play 2B with Young as SS if it is in house guys.

I don’t disagree at all with the JP thing. That’s why I put him in the Marco category. Great for this current team, especially with leadership. Just like we all kind of have said Marco isn’t a guy we want pitching in a winner takes all game, JP isn’t in the lineup in a winner takes all game. But to be fair, I am selfish and want the Mariners to not have holes in their offense. That lineup is fine if Kelenic, Young, Ford and Gonzales all are all star caliber players.

One question I do have though with Ford. If the Mariners are really confident in Raleigh being their guy, then they need to move Ford now. If they have 2 offensive catchers, you don’t want to wear their knees out. I don’t agree with most of Jerry’s press conferences except I 100% understand why they want Cal to DH a bunch. But it is just massively hypocritical and against that philosophy if they have Ford run 3 full seasons at catcher in the minors. They at least got Cal playing 1B and DH in Tacoma not catching full time. And also, I don’t think switching to 3B is very easy so I’d personally like for him to get a legit shot at 3B in the minors to see if he can play there or they need to move him to 2B and let Young try 3B. It’s kind of like how they seem to think CF is easy so they moved Julio to CF. He wasn’t terrible by any means but at least that he showed he won’t ever be a gold glove caliber CF. (But Adam Jones also sucked balls when he first played CF, so I could be wrong).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I guess I didn’t know that if it is only in house guys. I’d rather they resign Teoscar and have him DH over Geno. Ideally Celestin would follow Julio’s path and be the SS in 2026 over JP or play 2B with Young as SS if it is in house guys.

I don’t disagree at all with the JP thing. That’s why I put him in the Marco category. Great for this current team, especially with leadership. Just like we all kind of have said Marco isn’t a guy we want pitching in a winner takes all game, JP isn’t in the lineup in a winner takes all game. But to be fair, I am selfish and want the Mariners to not have holes in their offense. That lineup is fine if Kelenic, Young, Ford and Gonzales all are all star caliber players.

One question I do have though with Ford. If the Mariners are really confident in Raleigh being their guy, then they need to move Ford now. If they have 2 offensive catchers, you don’t want to wear their knees out. I don’t agree with most of Jerry’s press conferences except I 100% understand why they want Cal to DH a bunch. But it is just massively hypocritical and against that philosophy if they have Ford run 3 full seasons at catcher in the minors. They at least got Cal playing 1B and DH in Tacoma not catching full time. And also, I don’t think switching to 3B is very easy so I’d personally like for him to get a legit shot at 3B in the minors to see if he can play there or they need to move him to 2B and let Young try 3B. It’s kind of like how they seem to think CF is easy so they moved Julio to CF. He wasn’t terrible by any means but at least that he showed he won’t ever be a gold glove caliber CF. (But Adam Jones also sucked balls when he first played CF, so I could be wrong).
I'm assuming it's all in house guys as every player on their projection is in house.

I definitely see the Marco comparison with J.P., although I think Marco is a better starting pitcher than J.P. is a starting SS. Crawford is an above average defender with a below average bat. With the way the game has changed, I'd take a SS with an above average bat and a below average glove. Although the elimination of the shift may change my perspective of that.

This might be the pessimist in me but I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on Cal Raleigh as a long-term solution. He's another guy who I think has become a fan favorite which has subsequently overvalued his ability as a player. I'd like to see him have another good year before I get sold on him. Most of his production came on the long ball, but let's not forget that in his first 166 career games he's still just a .202 hitter. I'm actually excited to see how Tom Murphy looks this year. He had a great 2019.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Mariner was the unlucky one?

He's definitely not the only one who had their best years wasted here. There are probably a dozen others I can name but Kyle Seager is the first one that comes to mind most recently. Spent his entire career here only to get fucked over by Dipoto and see the team make the playoffs the year after he hangs up the cleats.
Defintely was Felix with the lack of run support each game. Not sure why I couldn't remember it until you posted it. But ya, I am sure there has been others.

Don't tell Locked on Mariners that Seager was cheated. They hate the guy. Talk trash about him relentlessly. Said he lied and tried to turn the young guys on Servais and Dipoto. I can only judge him on what I saw of him on TV each night and around spring training practices. Was great to my grandson who was under two at the time.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor got you on some Zoloft now?

It was always "I am keeping realistic... until they give me a reason to be optimistic."

We might need to get you checked out.
Happy place time...ooooohm.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it's all in house guys as every player on their projection is in house.

I definitely see the Marco comparison with J.P., although I think Marco is a better starting pitcher than J.P. is a starting SS. Crawford is an above average defender with a below average bat. With the way the game has changed, I'd take a SS with an above average bat and a below average glove. Although the elimination of the shift may change my perspective of that.

This might be the pessimist in me but I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on Cal Raleigh as a long-term solution. He's another guy who I think has become a fan favorite which has subsequently overvalued his ability as a player. I'd like to see him have another good year before I get sold on him. Most of his production came on the long ball, but let's not forget that in his first 166 career games he's still just a .202 hitter. I'm actually excited to see how Tom Murphy looks this year. He had a great 2019.
JP is a below average bat for sure which is my only issue with him. If the Mariners had a stud 2B or 3B then ok you can take a below average hitter. But this isn’t the pre 90’s, SS is a premium position for offensive production. If you aren’t getting production from one of your premium production positions you have to get it from others which they aren’t getting because if you put JP, Geno and Wong’s last year together Correa or Turner is better than those 3. I get it is old school thinking but the whole point of offense in baseball is to score runs and it doesn’t matter how.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically .the Phili..ss..wanted..to.play there..(turner)..Crawford..is a good .ss..from Cali
He is a #1 round pick ...his defence was always better..than his hitting..but..his hitting..is coming for the last .couple..years ..so ok....he is a good .ss..
Good enough..what..the mariners..have not been able .to score .on..is a 2b...after
Cano....maybe..Wong..is the guy..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puk.(As).traded..for jj..bledday..(marlins)that will hurt
The mariners..if he starts..hitting .20 -30
Hrs..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically .the Phili..ss..wanted..to.play there..(turner)..Crawford..is a good .ss..from Cali
He is a #1 round pick ...his defence was always better..than his hitting..but..his hitting..is coming for the last .couple..years ..so ok....he is a good .ss..
Good enough..what..the mariners..have not been able .to score .on..is a 2b...after
Cano....maybe..Wong..is the guy..
Defence..on pitching..defence..all .over..the field
.that..is what..the mariners..do .best .

Yes..you..have to .score. to win .