• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Search for New Assistant GM

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy known as "The Mayor" claims to be able to confirm that Rob Blake will be the next Assistant GM. I won't say he's 100% legitimate but he has broken Kings news before so he may know something.

I'm quite curious to see everybody's reaction if Blake is indeed named Assistant GM

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First lieweekly, now we are getting a flake in our front office.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah crap. I hope not. If anything it should be Luc not Flake.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah crap. I hope not. If anything it should be Luc not Flake.

It should be neither in my opinion but if there was a choice, it should be Robotile.

Robitaille has been groomed and has been successful on the business side of things, he hasn't really been involved on the player side of things - assessment, scouting, drafting, etc. Hextall came from that position before he joined the Kings in 2006 and gained even more experience on a Cup winning franchise. Robitaille, as much as I like him, is not a good fit IMO for that type of role. He is a doing a great job on the business side of things and should stay there.

Blake...this guy pushed for Nelson Emerson to become a King and the Kings traded Audette and Kaberle to get him and Buchberger. Audette went on to score 25+ goals again before he retired and Kaberle had a solid career, scoring the GW goal for the Hurricanes in their 2006 Cup run.

Buchberger became a human punching bag and Nelson Emerson sucked so bad he changed his number three different times in 3 years trying to break the schneid. He was completely useless as a player and somehow has lingered behind the scenes as a video coach or whatever within the organization.

Nevermind the other BS he put this franchise and its fans through. He is a self centered, self serving money hungry bastard. He will bring nothing of value to this franchise and I can see poor decisions being made because of his recommendations.

Answer the question about Blake?

= )~~

Last edited by a moderator:

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can happily confirm that Blake is the new assistant GM.

fuck.

Oh puck you're allowed to curse here, you don't need *