• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks undrafted free agents

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see a thread posted on it so I figured I'd post one.

UW quarterback Keith Price: Most of us already know a considerable amount about him. Should be tough for him to beat out Pryor or Jackson though. Tarvaris Jackson's 2014 salary is fully guaranteed, so it seems unlikely that he will get cut.

USC strong safety Dion Bailey: Interesting guy here. Had a 5th round draft grade by NFL.com, he looks like he could be a possible tweener type guy. Will be interesting to see if the Seahawks play him at SS or LB. Rated the top UDFA SS by NFL.com.

Montana linebacker Brock Coyle: Graded as a 4th or 5th round pick, CBS had him ranked as the 5th best inside linebacker in the draft. 6'1 235lbs, Co-Captain at Montana posted a 4.60-second 40-yard dash, a 37-inch vertical, a 9'7" broad jump, 4.28-second 20-yard shuttle and a 6.74-second 3-cone drill while benching 225 pounds 25 times. His workout stats are impressive and he was productive at Montana, would have likely been drafted a lot higher had he been that productive at a bigger school.

Central Arkansas tight end Chase Dixon: 6'5 239lbs, not much information about him. According to NFL draft scout ran a 4.73 40 yard dash. According to the Central Arkansas website, in his career he appeared in 33 games with five starts at wide receiver and tight end...has 11 receptions for 117 yards and four touchdowns. Apparently also visited with the Saints.

Penn State tackle Garry Gilliam: Harder to find information about offensive linemen, he's a big guy at 6'6 303lbs. According to the Penn State site he spent some time at TE as well.

Oklahoma guard Bronson Irwin: 6'5 310lbs, had a 31 inch vertical and 30 reps on the bench.

Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat: Probably the strongest signing of the UDFA class. Here is what nfl.com has to say about him: The buzz: Jeffcoat (6-3, 247) was the Big 12 defensive player of the year in 2013, when he had 86 tackles, 13 sacks, 22 tackles for loss and 19 quarterback pressures. He also was a first-team All-American in 2013. He was a three-year starter for the Longhorns and finished his career with 27.5 sacks and 60 tackles for loss. He also has great bloodlines -- his dad, Jim, was a longtime NFL defensive end. But his size makes him a 'tweener. In addition, he has an injury history, is not all that physical or strong and never truly has shown he can stop the run.

South Carolina cornerback Jimmy Legree: Bit smaller than the Seahawks normally go with at 5'11 192lbs. Had 6 interceptions for the Gamecocks from 2012 to 2013.

Eastern Washington defensive tackle Andru Pulu: A very stout DT at 6'1 322lbs, benched 225lbs 28 times. Was selected 2nd team All-Big Sky conference for 2013.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602919/USU-football-Eric-Schultz-invited-to-Seattle-Seahawks-rookie-mini-camp.html

Though not signed as an UDFA, Eric Schultz has been invited to rookie mini camp. I know I've tooted his horn quite a bit, but I've known him since he was in diapers, and so I'm super stoked he has a chance to show something at the next level. He was a very successful lineman throughout his career at USU, and though he spent most of his time at RT, he did play all the OLine positions, including center. I expect he's a better fit as a guard, but players with that much versatility are priceless in the NFL (if they can show the skill to play, of course). He ran a version of the zone blocking scheme in high school (NFL veteran Clint Didier ran the Connell High offense until going into politics 2 or 3 years ago) and though it's not the same as Cable's, he's extremely bright and should pick it up pretty quick.

I think he could be a very good player at the next level. That said, I truly hope that my personal loyalty is only clouding my evaluation of him as a next level player a little bit, if at all. Actually, let's hope that I've tried to hard to be unbiased and this kid comes in and rocks the socks off people and because a great player for the Hawks for the next decade:yahoo:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say I know a ton about any of these guys. However seems like the ones with the best chance to make an impact from what I have read are Jeffcoat, Bailey and Coyle.
With JS/PC its proven that evaluating the un drafted free agents is just as important as the drafted ones. There has been an impact one the last three years with Baldwin, Kearse and potentially Alvin Bailey.