• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at San Angeles, 12;25PM PST

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time we traded RW, I figured they may as well ship DK for picks too and just blow up the offense. I didn't think it made sense to have a high priced WR when you don't have a QB. I am on the verge of being wrong about the QB (maybe already there) but just imagine the draft capital we take into '23 if you pile what we could have fetched for DK on top of the picks for Russ. Like you say, I am not sure how much we would miss w/o DK right now. He's a stud and all, but I don't really think expensive WRs correlate to winning in the NFL.

DK's presence of the field helps. Even if he isn't making big plays. We wound up not needing him yesterday but we can't rely on that sort of output from the running game every week.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mafe is playing very well, too...

He has had some good moments but he's a situational player still, IMO. A good pick to be sure but he's playing about about at the level you would want to see a 2nd rounder play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had some good moments but he's a situational player still, IMO. A good pick to be sure but he's playing about about at the level you would want to see a 2nd rounder play.
He's been playing better... He's pretty much doubled his snap count after week 3 do to his play...

1666625374267.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good write up. I still don't think we can rely on Geno to be a crunch time QB but he's certainly show himself to be a competent above average QB at this point.
Yeah, the one thing Geno has not done yet is come through in the clutch when we need a score to win or tie late in the game. Had a few chances last year and made a mistake each time, had 1 chance this year and took a huge sack to kill the possession. I guess the hope right now is we play well enough earlier in the game to avoid needing him to do that late. It's worked the last couple weeks and probably would have in a couple of the losses if the D hadn't been so porous. After these last 2 games, it boils me to think how dominated we got by Taysom fuggin Hill.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here but it's fun watching this team... I had no idea what to expect from them... This team reminds me of the team Pete originally started out with... Players that had chips on their shoulder w/out anyone giving them a chance to win/succeed...

Yes, this years been weird for sure... Tampa losing back to back weeks to Pitt and Carolina? Giants sitting at 6-1? Jets 5-2? Denver 2-5? Hawks 4-3? We have 6 rookies starting out of 22 players and we're 4-3... That's exciting!!!
This year has just been completely bonkers. In successive weeks the Pack lose to Jets & Panthers. Bucs look bad. Geno playing better than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson. The NY teams with a combined 3 losses after 7 weeks. As you say with our rookies, their development and impact is not something that could have been predicted or counted on. Total x factor that is possibly changing the arc of the season. Wild.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year has just been completely bonkers. In successive weeks the Pack lose to Jets & Panthers. Bucs look bad. Geno playing better than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson. The NY teams with a combined 3 losses after 7 weeks. As you say with our rookies, their development and impact is not something that could have been predicted or counted on. Total x factor that is possibly changing the arc of the season. Wild.

Yah, it's been a weird year so far with the NFC.

If you told me week 1 the NFC East would have the best combined record, the Vikings/Seahawks would be leading their division, and the NFC South would be in fire sale mode... I wouldn't have believed you for a second.

What a goofball season so far out of the NFC. AFC has kind of gone as expected... with exception of the Jets/Broncos.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, it's been a weird year so far with the NFC.

If you told me week 1 the NFC East would have the best combined record, the Vikings/Seahawks would be leading their division, and the NFC South would be in fire sale mode... I wouldn't have believed you for a second.

What a goofball season so far out of the NFC. AFC has kind of gone as expected... with exception of the Jets/Broncos.
Yeah, Philly looks like the class of the NFC, but it hasn't gone (to this point) how we thought. One injury can turn a team on its ear too. Looking forward to getting a good look at NYG this next game. Not sure if beating them would say more about them or us.

AFC more or less chalk -- Buff & KC, then the rest. Chiefs may be missing some physicality that I think Buffalo might have, though that unknown KC rookie RB runs with some meanness.

Denver's HC makes it through season, right? They wouldn't fire him midstream but that team is so far under expectations that it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's HC makes it through season, right? They wouldn't fire him midstream but that team is so far under expectations that it wouldn't be unprecedented.
What's crazy is teams are reaching out to Denver talking trades for Jeudy, Chubb and Hamler...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is teams are reaching out to Denver talking trades for Jeudy, Chubb and Hamler...

Makes sense that teams would try. I would be shocked if they make any moves.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely no reason to fire him mid-season. You stick with him through the season to see if he can turn things around. If not, you dump him. But give that Russ has been banged up all season, there is an excuse to see if Hackett can turn things around going forward.

Starting Russ this weekend sounds like a bad idea though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no reason to fire him mid-season. You stick with him through the season to see if he can turn things around. If not, you dump him. But give that Russ has been banged up all season, there is an excuse to see if Hackett can turn things around going forward.

Starting Russ this weekend sounds like a bad idea though.
Yeah, I agree it would be a massive overreaction to fire him before the end of the season. Almost seems like it fits with other things happening so far in '22 though. Even Jim Tomsula lasted a whole season, so I guess you have to let Hackett stumble through it. I actually thought maybe it was turning around the game before last when RW lit it up in the 1st quarter and looked like RW, but it went downhill quickly from there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I thought the team was almost better without DK yesterday. I think there is a feeling that Geno has to get the ball to DK x amount of times per game, and especially in the endzone, and other teams know that too. With him out Geno was able to spread the ball around more and we just seemed more effective. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I was drunk (spoiler alert: I was), but that's how I felt yesterday.
I don't think geno forces the ball to DK to appease him, but I do think when everyone is covered there are times he still tries to push one to him knowing he has a chance to still get it, and can be trusted to defend it if the coverage has a chance at the pick.

He's a toy that is too tempting to take risky chances on sometimes.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough sell to the fans after giving up draft capital and signing Russ to a big contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough sell to the fans after giving up draft capital and signing Russ to a big contract.
Getting back draft capital would be nice for the Broncos, but will their asking price be attractive?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys something was off on that turf how come so many people got patella injuries in one game! Thats a rare injury. Was like they were playing on Astroturf again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phew.... still skeptical as well, and please don't rush him back if there's any doubt... I know Seattle is at this point playing for the playoffs, but we need DK down the stretch.

That said, I think Neal in the press conference (if not him I think it was Bryantl) was saying that Metcalf was all smiles in the locker room and said he was fine... that's encouraging. If you've got a serious injury you're certainly not 'all smiles'.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys something was off on that turf how come so many people got patella injuries in one game! Thats a rare injury. Was like they were playing on Astroturf again.

NFL needs to step in with these shit ass fields. The amount of injuries that were happening with NON contact plays in that game were fuckin' ridiculous.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL needs to step in with these shit ass fields. The amount of injuries that were happening with NON contact plays in that game were fuckin' ridiculous.
What shocked me was how many times we batted Herbert's passes down at the LOS... The dude is 6'6"...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew.... still skeptical as well, and please don't rush him back if there's any doubt... I know Seattle is at this point playing for the playoffs, but we need DK down the stretch.

That said, I think Neal in the press conference (if not him I think it was Bryantl) was saying that Metcalf was all smiles in the locker room and said he was fine... that's encouraging. If you've got a serious injury you're certainly not 'all smiles'.

Metcalf certainly didn't look too troubled on the cart. And it sounds like he wants to play this Sunday. But we should of course be cautious.