• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schottenheimer Doing A Good Job

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you (and Me) that were hoping Shotty would be leaving, don't hold your breath.

Per Jim Thomas:
Coach Jeff Fisher gave offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer what sounded like a strong vote of confidence Tuesday in his wrap-up news conference at Rams Park.
“First off, I’m not anticipating any changes on the coaching staff,” Fisher said when asked about Schottenheimer’s status by the Post-Dispatch. “I think Brian is an outstanding play-caller. Outstanding play-caller. He’s very organized. He’s an excellent teacher. So you can’t put the record on his shoulders. That’d be very, very unfair.”

Fisher is very deliberate and puts a lot of effort into hiring members of his coaching staff. For example, he interviewed about 10 candidates for the running backs coach job that went to Ben Sirmans in 2012.

So once they’re hired, Fisher is generally very loyal to his staff and changes are rare. In fact, 19 of the 20 original staff members hired in 2012 when Fisher arrived in St. Louis are still with the team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Raminator. We are already discussing this topic over on the Sam Bradford versus NFC West thread. You are welcome to join us there.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you (and Me) that were hoping Shotty would be leaving, don't hold your breath.

Per Jim Thomas:
Coach Jeff Fisher gave offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer what sounded like a strong vote of confidence Tuesday in his wrap-up news conference at Rams Park.
“First off, I’m not anticipating any changes on the coaching staff,” Fisher said when asked about Schottenheimer’s status by the Post-Dispatch. “I think Brian is an outstanding play-caller. Outstanding play-caller.He’s very organized. He’s an excellent teacher. So you can’t put the record on his shoulders. That’d be very, very unfair.”

Fisher is very deliberate and puts a lot of effort into hiring members of his coaching staff. For example, he interviewed about 10 candidates for the running backs coach job that went to Ben Sirmans in 2012.

So once they’re hired, Fisher is generally very loyal to his staff and changes are rare. In fact, 19 of the 20 original staff members hired in 2012 when Fisher arrived in St. Louis are still with the team.

That has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read.

If he is so outstanding, then why does the opposing defense know what is coming 80% of the time? This clearly explains why Fisher's teams are always around .500
He refuses to admit where the problems are and address them. We will continue to be hovering around mediocre until Fisher and his regime are gone.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to scream, and shout, and let it all out! I can't believe we don't want to get better!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Fisher and crew his 4th year. Then if without at the very least a winning season. I say send them packing.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could cost Fsiher his job, as much as I want to keep him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Fisher and crew his 4th year. Then if without at the very least a winning season. I say send them packing.

The problem with wait and hoping things turn around is you are wasting another year with these players that may start leaving via FA to go to a winning team that can actually make the post season.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with wait and hoping things turn around is you are wasting another year with these players that may start leaving via FA to go to a winning team that can actually make the post season.

Time was a coach and staff was always given a minimum of 4 years to turn a program around. But I guess we could press the reset button again.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tell from the 3 seasons plus his past work that Schotty blows

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shotty blew when he was with the jets, he ran the same Shotty offensive with Sanchez, the Jets Defense was the team, gee, sound familiar?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truthfully there has been so much adversity on and with this team for so long. I guess I would just like to see this thing play out. :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the sports writer is right. We are wasting a great defense waiting for the offense to get with it and we are ruining the careers of C. Long and Laurinaitus whose window of opportunity for a winning season is closing. Those two guys have had nothing but losing seasons. Do they not deserve to have a damn good offense?

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the sports writer is right. We are wasting a great defense waiting for the offense to get with it and we are ruining the careers of C. Long and Laurinaitus whose window of opportunity for a winning season is closing. Those two guys have had nothing but losing season. Do they not deserve to have a damn good offense?

Funny we said that about SJ39 too, right??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we did and off he went to Atlanta to squander the remaining years left in his career. He's pretty much done as the new coaches coming in will undoubtedly usher SJ39 to retirement.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Jackson's career is done whether or not the Falcon's ''usher'' him into retirement. He will be 32 when the season starts in September and that is old for a RB. He deserved much better and Scott Linehan ran him into the ground. Linehan and Jay Zgymunt are the douche bag's to blame for running this franchise into the ground, along with the former Queen Idiot. They chased off Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and benched Marc Bulger all of which pissed off Steven Jackson. Steven Jackson actually looked happy in Atlanta and I was happy for him. He played well in the role he was assigned too. And I hope his career is not over but given his age and previous health concerns, it looks like it very well could be over.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Ellard got let go, maybe it wouldn't hurt to pick him up?
As a coach or maybe even a receiver!

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get angry every time I read the title of this thread!