• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Salary cap and next year?

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's going on with the team next year....? 4 players are gone but our team salary is still 65-66 million.....same as this year.....

are we signing alan anderson? we better.....we need him on the second unit....

here's the breakdown

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Toronto Raptors

do we have any money to spend? never understand the salary cap crap...we're 21'st over all in the league but I thought we were right at the salary cap........so does that mean pretty much every team is over the cap? and how are we gonna stick in 4 other players into the lineup and not get beatin up by the salary cap?

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WTF...stop ignoring me.....i put a curse on you...

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they don't have room for shit. Derozan goes to 10 mil next season, gay gets a billion, bargnani and moka eating another 20

time to go to the A-team(douby, pops, POB) they can all split minimum contract amongst themselves. That's three roster spots filled with 500k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they don't have room for shit. Derozan goes to 10 mil next season, gay gets a billion, bargnani and moka eating another 20

time to go to the A-team(douby, pops, POB) they can all split minimum contract amongst themselves. That's three roster spots filled with 500k

Unfortunately, Winsbro is correct. The Gay man ate up any flexibility that we had with his contract. Also, signing Mr. Elaine Alden during the offseason and giving a fat contract extension to Zits means that we are down to the bone. The ONLY way we can make a splash is by amnestying either Owl or Poon AND trading away Poon Machine.

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So why dont we amnesty Kleiza....he's got 4.6 million left on his contract.....I guess thats a good trading chip along with bargnani though.....

if we got rid of his 4.6 million though....we would be at 60 million next year with 10 million to goof around with.....

i think we need alan anderson.....i think he will be much more consistent next year....and he's always solid on D......

otherwise our 2nd unit is ten times worse....

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they should have amnestied owl 2 years ago, it almost seems like a waste now that he's on his final year. Could see it though

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
amnesty

they should have amnestied owl 2 years ago, it almost seems like a waste now that he's on his final year. Could see it though

wouldnt amnestying early be crappy in a way as well though.....you would have to pay 5 million a year each of those years.....thinking as an owner and not a fan....

if we amnesty his final year of the contract raps only pay that one year......

and can you amnesty every year....say we amnesty kleiza this upcoming year....can we amnesty a different player the year after that cause kleiza will be off the books?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think they only get one amnesty which was from the new CBA and it has to be used on contracts that were signed pre collective bargaining agreement. so at this point its just owl and bargnani that it could be used on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winsbro is dime pissing knowledge on this thread. Right again. We can only amnesty players' contracts established before the new CBA. So really, this leaves two options: Owl or Poon.

This becomes a matter of being screwed either way: we can amnesty Owl but he is an expiring contract, so Salesman would be stupid not to try to dangle that in a trade. If we try to dangle the contract in a trade though, that means that we won't have cap flexibility at all. OR, we amnesty Poon. That will give us 10+ million that we can sign someone deadly in the offseason. But, that will also mean that we're letting Bargnani go with absolutely no value in return. Salesman would have to admit he made one of the biggest mistakes of his tenure. It would take a lot for Salesman to pull that trigger. We will try trading Poon in the offseason, but then again, this means we won't have cap flexibility.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Owl is violent, we got to keep this guy. I honestly think he'd produce more than bargnani if given a starter job and force fed shots

but yeah kds, too late now to do anything with it. I would amnesty bargnani just cause i'm scared colangelo is going to start him over amir next season but he's got to be able to fetch a 2nd rounder or two

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Owl is violent, we got to keep this guy. I honestly think he'd produce more than bargnani if given a starter job and force fed shots

but yeah kds, too late now to do anything with it. I would amnesty bargnani just cause i'm scared colangelo is going to start him over amir next season but he's got to be able to fetch a 2nd rounder or two

Dream scenario: Salesman gets canned. New GM comes in, amnesties Bargnani, then uses the 10 million to sign J.J. Hickson for maybe 7 million. Our depth on bigs increases dramatically and our rebounding would be instantly better.

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i still like colengelo....he always pulls the trigger when the team sucks.....it's not his fault when the players bomb.....

I have no idea how he got rid of turkoglu.....everytime he gets a bad contract.....he gets rid of it.....but even I always want to see how those go initially.....just like how I'm thinking Gay might be a great move next year.....if he sucks....thats not BC.....and then he'll figure out some stupid way of getting rid of him......the guys smart...

remember when he almost got tyson chandler for ass....