• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rypien gets leave of absence

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what someone told me Bieksa is the closest friend Rypien has on the team ... maybe Gillis was telling Bieksa what not to say to the media

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what someone told me Bieksa is the closest friend Rypien has on the team ... maybe Gillis was telling Bieksa what not to say to the media

ah ok. probably just letting him know as you mentioned.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move has actually helped the Canucks in a big way...

SAN JOSE, Calif. — The biggest trade deadline acquisition this year won’t cost the Canucks a first-round pick or Jordan Schroeder.

Instead, it will cost them $1.8 million in annualized cap space. That is the best estimate of what Vancouver will need to clear in order to add Sami Salo to a defence which is already one of the deepest in the NHL.

It’s a number low enough to ensure the Canucks won’t be forced into any high-risk moves, like trading Kevin Bieksa. For that you can thank some deft cap management and the special exception the Canucks got from the league for Rick Rypien, which wiped his salary off the books starting Nov. 25 when he was granted an indefinite leave of absence.

It’s an interesting number, $1.8 million. It is exactly the combined cap hit of both Aaron Rome and Andrew Alberts.

Read more: Deft cap handling pays off for Canucks

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I meant to ask, and I see on other threads it is not clear. WTF is up with this guy? Some bad habit (gambling/drugs/etc) or chronic mental issues? Indefinite LOA for "personal matters" obviously leads to speculation, sorry.

The Canucks are doing fine without him, so (with all due respect if he's ill) no need to come back...