• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Braun - 0-1 and Homers

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's still the first day of spring training. Better to hit the ball hard then to strike out," Braun said. "The goal is to have a gradual progression to prepare myself for the season."

"I've never experienced them not yelling at me," he said. "They have some new things to yell at me for, to yell at me about."

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he really need to still be using?

I admittedly don't know too much about steroids but I would think if you used them to put on muscle then you would have that muscle until you stopped lifting, regardless of if you continued to use steroids. You just wouldn't be able to continue putting muscle mass on at the same rate.

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not using just ask him. Oh he lied the last time.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is still using, then he should receive a life time ban for felonious stupidity.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, under no terms is he using right now. Baseball has guaranteed contracts and he done his time and I have no doubt he's smart enough to know that another dirty test means he's gone. It simply would make no sense what so ever for him to be using now. At one time he probably weighed the risk reward , took the risk, and ended up getting paid. Now that he's paid do you really with a straight face think he's going to risk the money he has coming, not a chance. He doesn't have to play for another contract. He's already made enough for his lifetime. There would be zero reason for him to be using right now. On top of that I am sure he'll be tested on a regular basis. He's done his time. It would make about as much sense as Warren Buffet smuggling drugs.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, under no terms is he using right now. Baseball has guaranteed contracts and he done his time and I have no doubt he's smart enough to know that another dirty test means he's gone. It simply would make no sense what so ever for him to be using now. At one time he probably weighed the risk reward , took the risk, and ended up getting paid. Now that he's paid do you really with a straight face think he's going to risk the money he has coming, not a chance. He doesn't have to play for another contract. He's already made enough for his lifetime. There would be zero reason for him to be using right now. On top of that I am sure he'll be tested on a regular basis. He's done his time. It would make about as much sense as Warren Buffet smuggling drugs.

I for one never believed Braun but if I recall correctly Whywork you did believe him. Never believe anything any athlete says.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never technically failed a legit test right? Now the validity or lack there of of the first fail is obviously "tainted" get it... but he didn't test positive for the second time, he was mentinoed in the lawsuit right?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one never believed Braun but if I recall correctly Whywork you did believe him. Never believe anything any athlete says.

Yes, I did believe him and was wrong. When I am wrong I have no problem admitting it. That being said what possibly would he have to gain by cheating now. At the time his cheating lead him to getting a big contract. I'd find it hard to believe that you think it would be in his advantage now to cheat. He's already received a big guaranteed contract. I am sure if he got caught againthe penalties be super severe, maybe even a lifelong ban. I don't know the details him and Selig worked out for him to come out and admit it.

Whether it's unethical or not, which it obviously was, you have to understand how tempting it was for those players to cheat with PEDS. It was sort of worth the risk. Bankers, stock traders, politicians ... the list goes on of people who given the chance to skirt the law for financial gain will do exactly that. It's no different in baseball. I just don't think there is the same incentive for Braun any longer.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never technically failed a legit test right? Now the validity or lack there of of the first fail is obviously "tainted" get it... but he didn't test positive for the second time, he was mentinoed in the lawsuit right?

Technically he did't but he did agree to come out and state that he cheated. That's precisely why Selig cut him some slack. They had the goods on him just like Arod , the difference being Arod would't own up to it where as Braun eventually came clean. That is why I am sure Selig, baseball and Ryan Braun all know the implications of another violations. I'm certain it was stipulated to him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe he is still using.

Of course he is. He knows what got him caught last time and won't repeat that mistake. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain by using now more than ever.