• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ruutu

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Though Lou got him for these playoff type games. Where is he

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yeah that's why Lou got him...

Real reason is Lou saw yet another 3rd liner that cant help this team and thought that's what we need more of.... No scoring 3rd liner that works hard... exactly what we need....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort but same old sh*t.... GOAL SCORERS needed!!!!!

I'm sorry but I personally hate seeing a 50 yr old out there nearly every shift.... He's not kovy!

Btw jagr has been great for us but I feel pdb is abusing him at his age.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so fucking stupid.... I'm sorry but we no longer have a young Elias, a praise, a kovy... Henrique n zajac have their ceiling and we can't break thru without real goal scoring potential

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now other teams are winning without that...absolutely but we're rolling the all 50s team from the Czech... We have NO youth or legs for the guys who play major shifts....

I'm just mad

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lou has officially returned the devils to the level he inherited them. A non playoff mediocre team.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go overboard. Am I happy with where the Devils are at right now? Of course not. But Lou did win 3 cups in 20 years. You'll tell me that those cups came in the first 10 years, and the last of those was 11 years ago. And you are right, but put it in some perspective. If you told me today that Lou was retiring and the next GM would win 3 cups in the next 20 years, I would take that in a heartbeat.

Hell, I would take that from every team I was a fan of. Chiefs haven't won a Superbowl in my lifetime. Indians haven't won a World Series in my lifetime. Devils are the only team that has given me an opportunity to celebrate a championship.

Having said that, I do not think Lou has done a very good job in the last 5 years. This team is overpopulated with those 3rd line/grinders/journeyman -OR- too old/under performing players. Just off the top of my head the Devils have the following guys that I would put in those categories: Bernier, Volchenkov, Zidlicky, Carter, Gionta, Zubrus, Harrold, Salvador, Ruutu, and Ryder. That is 10 guys that are basically warm bodies to throw on the ice, without looking at a roster.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go overboard. Am I happy with where the Devils are at right now? Of course not. But Lou did win 3 cups in 20 years. You'll tell me that those cups came in the first 10 years, and the last of those was 11 years ago. And you are right, but put it in some perspective. If you told me today that Lou was retiring and the next GM would win 3 cups in the next 20 years, I would take that in a heartbeat.

Hell, I would take that from every team I was a fan of. Chiefs haven't won a Superbowl in my lifetime. Indians haven't won a World Series in my lifetime. Devils are the only team that has given me an opportunity to celebrate a championship.

Having said that, I do not think Lou has done a very good job in the last 5 years. This team is overpopulated with those 3rd line/grinders/journeyman -OR- too old/under performing players. Just off the top of my head the Devils have the following guys that I would put in those categories: Bernier, Volchenkov, Zidlicky, Carter, Gionta, Zubrus, Harrold, Salvador, Ruutu, and Ryder. That is 10 guys that are basically warm bodies to throw on the ice, without looking at a roster.

Careful chief, you don't want to be the voice of reason around here...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow if I have to listen to what a great gm Lou was I will throw up. Key word was.

Your going to compare our success to other teams? Who cares about other teams I'm a devils fan I don't care what teams have own or haven't won. I'm worried about the devils and not what we have done but what are we doing now.

3 misses in 4 years 1 trip past the second round in 11 years. Yeah that's some great success right there.

She. Will you Lou supporters finally call for him to step down at what point? Guess what we are going to be I the same boat next year. You have to be really bad to miss the playoffs in December. This team will be back next year because most of the team is locked up so that means we will be fighting for the 8th spot come February. Lou will look to add some insane crap older player just like last year with Sullivan and I'm sure plenty of other years.

What the fuck is the goal of this team? To fight for the 8th seed making the playoffs and that's a success? This team is limping along and even if we resign Cory we are going to be wasting the prime of his career when we should be building now. He should've sold off zid jägr and anything else at the deadline.

How sad is it that a 42 year old is the best player on that team. If that doesn't speak volumes to how bad our scouting, player development, coaching, players are I don't know what does. Guess who is in charge of all that? Lou

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sorry for the bad spelling. combo of being a bad speller and auto correct isn't good