• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers Kicked Out of the Big Ten

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears a mistake was made:

In a move that surprised no one and pleased many, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany announced Sunday morning that Rutgers would be ejected from the Big Ten Conference "effective immediately" after getting ravaged to the tune of 78-0 at home by Michigan.

Delany explained the decision during his press conference on Sunday:

"Let me first start by saying I’m sorry for this whole Rutgers mess. Big Ten football has been irreparably damaged by my foolish and greedy decision to make them a member of the Big Ten conference. I basically created the BCS, and this whole Rutgers thing wasstillthe worst idea I’ve ever had."

"When a team gets beat by a combined score of 150-7 in its first three conference games, you have to sit back and consider whether or not that team deserves to be in said conference. We’re here to play football, not act like a fucking charity for shitty football programs that can’t pay their own bills"

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading them for Kansas?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri standing by for the invite.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of her.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, I don't see many B1G fans tooting their horn about their 9 game conference schedule...

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers won't get them the NYC, that was why I found it hilarious. Personally, the B1G should have added Pittsburgh and Syracuse over Maryland and Rutgers. Pittsburgh and Syracuse would have been more competitive in all sports and are a better cultural fit.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is rebuilding but they aren't that far removed from going 8-5. Rutgers can build a decent team in the Big Ten. It's just not going to happen this year.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is rebuilding but they aren't that far removed from going 8-5. Rutgers can build a decent team in the Big Ten. It's just not going to happen this year.

Perhaps. Still I do not see them competing with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, or Penn State in the near future. They appear to be a cellar dweller addition.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Still I do not see them competing with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, or Penn State in the near future. They appear to be a cellar dweller addition.

We'll see. Most of the Big Ten isn't competing with Michigan or Ohio State right now. I don't think Rutgers is going to be a powerhouse but this year and last year aren't going to be the norm. They will be a solid bowl team in a few years. Ash is doing a great job on the recruiting trail and that was the biggest problem with Rutgers under Kyle Flood (and it's really showing right now).

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, its Rutgers, and no they are not rebuilding they just suck and always have. The BIG taking them was a joke from the word go, its the exact same kind of move that people are saying the Big12 shouldn't do now.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, its Rutgers, and no they are not rebuilding they just suck and always have. The BIG taking them was a joke from the word go, its the exact same kind of move that people are saying the Big12 shouldn't do now.

Somebody is mad they had to join a conference that they don't really fit in.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers can be a solid team like they were between 2005-2014
Yea Id like to have a quarter for every time I've heard how bright their future is. Truth is, Penn State, Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Maryland, Ohio State and Michigan will continue to drain their in state and surrounding talent and Rutgers will struggle to be bowl eligible.
Schiano did a good job there but that's about their ceiling and they will struggle to win that many games playing in the BIG even with a good coach.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Id like to have a quarter for every time I've heard how bright their future is. Truth is, Penn State, Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Maryland, Ohio State and Michigan will continue to drain their in state and surrounding talent and Rutgers will struggle to be bowl eligible.
Schiano did a good job there but that's about their ceiling and they will struggle win that many games playing in the BIG even with a good coach.

The key is recruiting. Schiano wasn't a great game coach but was a good recruiter. Ash is bringing in a solid class. Rutgers should be back to going to bowl games soon enough.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears a mistake was made:

In a move that surprised no one and pleased many, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany announced Sunday morning that Rutgers would be ejected from the Big Ten Conference "effective immediately" after getting ravaged to the tune of 78-0 at home by Michigan.

Delany explained the decision during his press conference on Sunday:

"Let me first start by saying I’m sorry for this whole Rutgers mess. Big Ten football has been irreparably damaged by my foolish and greedy decision to make them a member of the Big Ten conference. I basically created the BCS, and this whole Rutgers thing wasstillthe worst idea I’ve ever had."

"When a team gets beat by a combined score of 150-7 in its first three conference games, you have to sit back and consider whether or not that team deserves to be in said conference. We’re here to play football, not act like a fucking charity for shitty football programs that can’t pay their own bills"

al-gore-invented-the-internet.jpg

...so every Joe Schmoe could create The Onion-esque stories like this.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schiano did a good job there but that's about their ceiling and they will struggle to win that many games playing in the BIG even with a good coach.

This is true, they will never challenge for a top spot.. probably ever. The crap that went on there was also an embarrassment, but it was never not about the money.