• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rumors making the rounds

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a great rotation already, the prospect of bounce-back seasons from Beckett and/or Billingsly,

It's Billingsley not Billingsly :doh:

This team was 2 wins away from a trip to the World Series with Kemp on the bench and Ethier playing hurt. Give those two a winter to heal up and see what they can do when they have an axe to grind and something to prove.

Did you forget Hanley was also fucked up (RIB) ?? :scratch:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLAbdqDmESw"]NLCS Gm1: Hanley checked by trainer after HBP - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for keeping Matt Kemp, he's gonna be back next year and beast it up, we need that

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:I want Kemp back also, in fact I want all 4 outfielders to be back. Here is my take and I have said it before. 4 man rotation in the outfield, Crawford, Kemp, Puig, next night, Puig, Kemp, Ethier, next night, Crawford, Ethier, Puig, then Crawford, Kemp and Ethier. This keeps everyone in the game, gives rest every 4th game to each, keeps everyone sharp if an injury happens and no dropoff on any night. Just my thoughts on it.:nod:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally be ok with a 4 man rotation in the OF to be 100% honest. Just feel like we can take advantage of the surplus and fill other needs as well.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally be ok with a 4 man rotation in the OF to be 100% honest. Just feel like we can take advantage of the surplus and fill other needs as well.

The problem is that there really isn't a realistic trade scenario out there that fills that criteria for the Dodgers.

The Padres wouldn't trade Chase Headley for Andre Ethier.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors lately besides the Jim Johnson to Dodgers?

I think once the whole Japanese posting situation is solved and Tanaka lands somewhere, the market will heat up. We need to address 3rd, bullpen, bench and starting pitching.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's are pushing hard for Jim Johnson and may have more to offer than the Dodgers. We should know more with the upcoming GM Meetings.

The Dodgers already have Jansen, so if they are willing to give up prospects it would be nice to see them do it to fill a position that needs improvement. The Dodgers already have a Closer. Johnson would be here one year and then walk if he isn't the Closer....much like Brian Wilson will.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson would be here one year and then walk if he isn't the Closer....much like Brian Wilson will.

I'm perfectly happy with Wilson doing that. Long-term contracts for relievers are the worst.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it is reported that Wilson and the Dodgers are close to a deal. Very surprising that Wilson is willing to be a set-up man. But, if he's happy in that role, then go for it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it is reported that Wilson and the Dodgers are close to a deal. Very surprising that Wilson is willing to be a set-up man. But, if he's happy in that role, then go for it.

The money is all the same. "Closers" as a stat and position are overrated. I've always preferred the notion of managers using their "bullpen ace" in whatever situation has the most leverage - so if Jansen is your best guy for the heart of the order in the 7th or 8th, put his ass on the mound so he can mow those hitters down. That's better than putting in a kid like Dominguez to get rocked by experienced hitters. When the weaker hitters come up later in the lineup, you don't need your top arm to get them out so you can have someone else pitch to them - play the matchup game with Withrow and Paco if you want to.

Aside from that, Wilson is making the smarter business decision. There are (well, were, before today) a ton of closers on the market this winter. Next winter, the supply of available closers will be more limited so he'll have more leverage. After a solid season in a pitchers' park with other great arms around him like Jansen, Greinke, and Kershaw, Wilson can seriously cash in if he plays his cards properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is great news. What an awesome 8-9 combo. Kenley and The Beard! Paco and J.P. (hopefully), what a solid foundation for the bullpen.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah JP won't be back... it would probably be Paco,League,Beard,Kenley...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope that League regains prior form and is a solid contributor. I anticipate, besides Wilson and possibly Howell, that the Dodgers will sign at least one more reliever.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope that League regains prior form and is a solid contributor.

Maybe this will help?

ODRZLlm.jpg

I anticipate, besides Wilson and possibly Howell, that the Dodgers will sign at least one more reliever.

No doubt about that. Let's just hope that it's not some crazy overpay. Maybe after all the big name relievers are off the block, Jesse Crain will sign for a cheap 1-year deal to build his value? Pitching in the NL West is good for your health if you're a pitcher in a free agent year...