• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored To Be Cut

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Veltung or Woodard should have made the 53 man roster, but I don't understand why they've been cut when Giordano and Hooey are still listed on our roster. Perhaps it's just a horrible mistake. Veltung and Woodard would have been fringe players. Giordano and Hooey shouldn't even be on the fringe.

It may be more complicated to cut an injured player like Giordano, needs an injury settlement correct? It may still be coming...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be more complicated to cut an injured player like Giordano, needs an injury settlement correct? It may still be coming...
Possibly, but we're not talking big bucks here and teams get this done when they need to. We settled with a player last week and in the same situation we settled with Alexander last year. Some of the players we cut were hurt.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T Sean Hooey & WR Justin Veltung have been confirmed as our final 2 cuts.

Later edit: I didn't see the post above mine. I was watching the cuts page at NFL.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two comments:

I saw a list where Rok Watkins was cut by the Chiefs.

Darrian Stewart and Matt Giordano are still around because of their experience with play recognition, adjusting coverage schemes during opposing QB's audibles, positioning themselves at the last possible moment (disguising the defense), etc.

I do believe a trade, horse swap, is coming!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks RamCub, Red_Chaos, and fastforward for the updates. I hope they bring back Brodine, Hall, Woodard, and Davis (Safety) for either the active roster or practice squad and I hope Giordano is released. Sorry to see Nyseke go. I was hoping he'd develop but no dice. I think should trade Shelly Smith and p/u the big tackle from Chicago who was released.

And then there is Tim Tebow who was cut. This will start the old battle we had before but maybe he'd be a pretty good back-up at QB and TE?

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodard is the only player that I wished would of made the final cut. The rest are no big deal. Can't keep everyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling tidbit about Tebow's "willingness" to change positions:

"I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback," he tweeted.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Tebow. No to Clausen. Both have horrible uncorrectable flaws. I'd prefer to have a QB who wasn't a great athlete and who lacked the big arm but had pocket presence, could read a defense, could look a defender off, and throw with good mechanics. Davis had that last year but he's lost that read on the defense. Now he panics and runs. McCoy, Lewis and Tolzein had it 2 years ago. Maybe they don't have it any more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but with the right coaching Fastforward and correction of some problems, Tebow's winning attitude and grit is what I like in him being a QB. Plus, the guy is 6-4 about 250lbs of muscle which you don't get with even Sammie!!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. Every coach believes they can correct their QB's flaws. It never works. The Shanahans even tried it with McNabb's poor footwork. If the guy threw the ball wrong as a kid, continued it in High School, continued it in College, continued it at the Broncos, continued it at the Jets, and continued it with the Patriots there comes a point where you have to ask why all those coaches failed. If you sign Tebow you forget about his mechanics. Concentrate on improving his defense recognition and getting good WR timing. Then you play to his strengths...and pray. Too much hard work and not enough reward.