• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RR the break down , a tragic lesson of overhype

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to man up and admit, I wanted to go back to Wentz. Heinicke hadn't won a game in a calendar month. Ron did lose the team by doing that.
i sure did,nt.he was a disaster before coming to dc and just showed disaster after his 1st game.i think rr checked out before that game and never checked back in.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder's fault or Rivera's fault. Does that really make a difference? Snyder was a spoiled brat who knew nothing about putting a team together. He was more interested in making headline moves. And whatever mojo Riverboat may have had when it came to building a successful franchise. He left that shit somewhere else long before he got to Redskin Park. A Snyder move, a RR move, a Snyder n RR move, it didn't make a difference. They never reaped any benefit for the Skins. That's cuz neither one knew WTF they were doing. One is already gone and in 4 weeks or so, It can't get here soon enough.
That was pretty much my original point. In a little over three weeks the current regime will be gone. We get a do over. I didn't think that was going to happen in my lifetime. The team was bad for 7 or 8 years before Snyder. I am hoping for all our sakes the new owners give us something to be proud of again. :hope:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty much my original point. In a little over three weeks the current regime will be gone. We get a do over. I didn't think that was going to happen in my lifetime. The team was bad for 7 or 8 years before Snyder. I am hoping for all our sakes the new owners give us something to be proud of again. :hope:
Sorry my response to your other post caused you grief , it wasn’t my intent .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry my response to your other post caused you grief , it wasn’t my intent .
No grief dad .... you know chill and I are bosom buddies.

You and I just have different ways of looking at things for now. I am choosing to stick my head in the sand and forget the past ..... for the most part even the Cousins stuff. New day, new beginning. Everyone has to do what works for them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No grief dad .... you know chill and I are bosom buddies.

You and I just have different ways of looking at things for now. I am choosing to stick my head in the sand and forget the past ..... for the most part even the Cousins stuff. New day, new beginning. Everyone has to do what works for them.
and i am glad we can talk about things and keep our heads

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your opinion means nothing to me.

So funny you have given people shit on this site for not being of LGBTQ+ people but are calling me gay. What a fucking hypocrite.
Oh ye of little intellect:

i didnt call you gay, I said you were gay for Kirk Cousins.
In that context, the word gay has a different meaning.

I did write that word on purpose though, especially after I daw your continued, boring, conversation with duke in which uou asserted things that werent actually there.

You’re welcome to put me back on ignore, clown, if that makes you happy.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did write that word on purpose though, especially after I daw your continued, boring, conversation with duke in which uou asserted things that werent actually there.

The 2023 Undertaker choke slam post award goes to...chiller.

Stop posting chiller...I am running out of awards to hand out...lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gay is a term that primarily refers to a homosexual person or the trait of being homosexual. The term originally meant 'carefree', 'cheerful', or 'bright and showy'.[1]

While scant usage referring to male homosexuality dates to the late 19th century, that meaning became increasingly common by the mid-20th century.[2] In modern English, gay has come to be used as an adjective, and as a noun, referring to the community, practices and cultures associated with homosexuality. In the 1960s, gay became the word favored by homosexual men to describe their sexual orientation.

Hang in there, we'll learn ya.

Your side kick can teach you football ...... RR sucks.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok boomer.

Definition one, meaning two.

Oops. You’re wrong again.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know. I do believe he was instructed by Snyder when he was hired to give Haskins the starting job and to develop him. But Ron was able to bench and trade him so that showed me he was calling at least those shots.

But let's not pretend Chase Young was not the #2 or #1 player on most if not all the other team's board. The Chase Young pick was the right pick at the time, this is an inexact science and they never really know who will pan out and who will not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say again that there are a few people trashing RR now that were for him originally and even his ability to draft. I showed that in another post.

I believe my comment at the time is he would not be my pick but I will support him because I don't think they can do better.

So we all know now that it was a shit show. I think most of us in the first year when Smith and O'Connell were let go. Sadly it only seems to have got worst. Here's to a new FO with much better ideas. Sure we hoped it would be better but that was wrong.

I am just trying to think of players let go in this era .... Moses, Williams ... it's late so I am forgetting others. QB has been a disaster.

Hopefully whatever the new direction is .... it is a lot better than what we have had.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my over take is we are hoping the Harris Group is much more competent. My hope is they can find some players next year but we need at least one more year to flex our muscles. Josh told us ... no shortcuts.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say again that there are a few people trashing RR now that were for him originally and even his ability to draft. I showed that in another post.

I believe my comment at the time is he would not be my pick but I will support him because I don't think they can do better.

So we all know now that it was a shit show. I think most of us in the first year when Smith and O'Connell were let go. Sadly it only seems to have got worst. Here's to a new FO with much better ideas. Sure we hoped it would be better but that was wrong.

I am just trying to think of players let go in this era .... Moses, Williams ... it's late so I am forgetting others. QB has been a disaster.

Hopefully whatever the new direction is .... it is a lot better than what we have had.
I believe that I was one of the posters that was for him. I too thought he was the best Dan could get. I had hope for his ability to draft.

Chase was a game wrecking rookie of the year. The trade down that got us Dotson, Robinson, Howell, and Cole seemed like a coup. Then Chase went all RG3 on us and this last cycle of FA and the draft appears to be a disaster.

I'm the type of person that reacts to the information that is in front of him. I'll never take a stand on a topic and die on that hill no matter what.

I'll always try to be honest and I readily admit when I'm wrong and I usually try to do it publicly. Letting KOC and Kyle go were awful decisions. I think the entire board knows how I feel about Kyle.

Allowing Mayhew to shame Scherff in the media because he couldn't get him to stay made no sense. Hiring Mayhew in the first place made no sense. He was the GM of an 0-16 team.

Ron's insistence on having "his guys" on the roster and in the front office did him in. I hoped for the best and I was wrong.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that I was one of the posters that was for him. I too thought he was the best Dan could get. I had hope for his ability to draft.

Chase was a game wrecking rookie of the year. The trade down that got us Dotson, Robinson, Howell, and Cole seemed like a coup. Then Chase went all RG3 on us and this last cycle of FA and the draft appears to be a disaster.

I'm the type of person that reacts to the information that is in front of him. I'll never take a stand on a topic and die on that hill no matter what.

I'll always try to be honest and I readily admit when I'm wrong and I usually try to do it publicly. Letting KOC and Kyle go were awful decisions. I think the entire board knows how I feel about Kyle.

Allowing Mayhew to shame Scherff in the media because he couldn't get him to stay made no sense. Hiring Mayhew in the first place made no sense. He was the GM of an 0-16 team.

Ron's insistence on having "his guys" on the roster and in the front office did him in. I hoped for the best and I was wrong.
You are willing to say what you felt at the time. I appreciate that.

I was all in on JDR based on past coaching but it didn't work out.

I think all of us were worried when RR started bringing in one past Carolina player or coach after another.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RR lost me with the name change and his lies regarding that

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created and posted an entire thread before his second season suggesting that he must be fired. I don't know what it is with some people who, either lie to themselves, see possibly, or simply can't make cold objective assessments when it comes to this team but not knowing what Rivera was set this team back nearly half a decade. (Oh what an ironic coincidence!!)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that is your position and I understand it. I believe Ron was behind the Commanders name.

I wanted to believe in JDR because for a couple of years they'd start slow and then end top5 - top 10 but as we have seen this year the defense has regressed again. We still see excessive explosive plays against the D. Every team is going to have some explosive games against them but for years we have watched confused DBs staring at each other. Either Young bombed or coaching let him down. Somewhere down the road I would love to see a tell all story.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this staff is they pass on high end talent and always reach, thinking they’re the smartest ppl in the roomHamilton was a phenomenal prospect who fell into our lap at 11 and we traded downThe year before, Christian Darrisaw was on the board at 19, a Virginia born player who played college ball right down the street at Tech. We reached for a 1 year starter LB from Kentucky (who I like but not over Darrisaw)This last year we passed on Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 16 who had no business still being on the boardImagine how diff this team looks with Darrisaw, Hamilton and JSN over Davis, Dotson and Forbes And all 3 of those guys were best on board so it’s not revisionist history looking at players that came out of nowhere that we could have had. They were staring us in the face

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1703628424307.png
The o/line RR inherited