• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ronnell Lewis Arrested

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NORMAN, Okla. -- Detroit Lions linebacker Ronnell Lewis was arrested on three misdemeanor complaints after an altercation at a Norman, Okla., bar over the weekend.
Lewis, 22, got into the altercation early Saturday morning at Logan's on the Corner, located in Norman's Campus Corner entertainment district, according to the Norman Police Department.

Police responded to the incident at about 1:30 a.m., and booked Lewis on complaints of disturbing the peace, public intoxication and interfering with official procedure.

Lewis was a standout for the Oklahoma Sooners. After an All-Big 12 season at OU, Lewis was a fourth-round draft pick of the Lions last year. He had two tackles last season.

IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about this arrest. He is facing, at worst, a few hundred dollar fine. No jail time. No suspension. Nothing relating to the NFL or the game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey -- at least he went a year before getting arrested -- have to give him props on that, it is better than alot of Lions draft picks.

On a side note -- Lewis now has 1 arrest to go with his 2 tackles.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He already exhibited lack of talent on the field. Now we can throw in loser off the field to complete the typical Mayhew draft pick.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already exhibited lack of talent on the field. Now we can throw in loser off the field to complete the typical Mayhew draft pick.

well he played one defensive snap. And was a decent ST player. I wanna see more of the hammer before judging

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egh, worst thing about that report was the reminder that he only had two tackles.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was hiliarious.......Spring is near, the summer is heating up......Lots of BBQs going on......The arrests should mount up quickly. I know my Bus is getting more rowdy. What's he doing in Norman anyway? Why not be hanging out with your teamates and working.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a tough sumbidge, that's for sure. Maybe a couple pops during pre-game is all he needs to step his game up.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an issue team wise.:2cents:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions knew it took two zaps from a taser to knock him to the ground -- They would have taken him in the 3rd round instead of the 4th.

I just don't understand these players -- You are handed a winning lottery ticket and you want to throw it away getting drunk, fighting and arrested. Blows my mind.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an issue team wise

How is this not a team issue? Detroit spent a 4th round pick on him and when he should be getting ready for the upcoming season, he is fighting and getting tased (sp) by the police.

This is guy who was supposed to be battling for playing time this year, as we lost Avril and released KVB.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious mike? Since guys are in the NFL they can't attend a party or have a drink in the off season? Shit happens. Most people will get into a fight from time to time. How does this affect the team?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is guy who was supposed to be battling for playing time this year, as we lost Avril and released KVB.

Yet, the article refers to him as a linebacker, which is what he is. A 3-4 ouside linebacker without a home in a 4-3 defense. I wish someone would let Mayhew in on the defensive scheme the coach runs.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, the article refers to him as a linebacker, which is what he is. A 3-4 ouside linebacker without a home in a 4-3 defense. I wish someone would let Mayhew in on the defensive scheme the coach runs.

Perhaps it's on a need to know basis? Just saying....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious mike? Since guys are in the NFL they can't attend a party or have a drink in the off season? Shit happens. Most people will get into a fight from time to time. How does this affect the team?

kreton -- yes i am serious. and i agree -- people will drink from time to time and people will get into fights. most people do not continue to fight when the cops are called and then they taser you, not once, but twice, to get you to stop. guess what happens if he does this again? he won't be on the team. it gets old to see our draft picks continue to be in the paper for their arrests, instead of their play on the field. LeShoure with not one, but two marijuana charges. Fairley with a DUI and a marijuana charge. Aaron Berry with a DUI and an assault charge (kicked off the team), Titus Young for punching teammates and just being a nutjob in general (kicked off the team).

Do I think it affects the team once they get into camp? No. Do I think it is yet another red flag with one of Mayhew's draft picks? Yes.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is more about the age of these kids than it is about Mayhew

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So was Avril. I wouldn't mind seeing some 3-4 looks too on defense. Especially on first and second down

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kreton -- yes i am serious. and i agree -- people will drink from time to time and people will get into fights. most people do not continue to fight when the cops are called and then they taser you, not once, but twice, to get you to stop. guess what happens if he does this again? he won't be on the team. it gets old to see our draft picks continue to be in the paper for their arrests, instead of their play on the field. LeShoure with not one, but two marijuana charges. Fairley with a DUI and a marijuana charge. Aaron Berry with a DUI and an assault charge (kicked off the team), Titus Young for punching teammates and just being a nutjob in general (kicked off the team).

Do I think it affects the team once they get into camp? No. Do I think it is yet another red flag with one of Mayhew's draft picks? Yes.

Just because cops taser someone twice means nothing. He was charged with 3 misdemeanors. Not felonies. Cops taser people. It happens. He is a big angry guy, they get scared.

Bringing up shit from a year ago is not relevent to Lewis' situation.

And of course you think it is another red flag. You actively seek things to bitch and cry about. You actively look for red flags so you can harp on Mayhew. It is just who you are.