• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivera receives 3-year extension ...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Panthers extend head coach Ron Rivera

"The improvement of our team has been reflected in the progress of the record over the last three seasons under Ron, and we look forward to building upon that foundation," said Panthers Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson.

Despite starting the season with a 1-3 record, the Panthers went on to win 11 of their final 12 regular season games – including a franchise record eight-game winning streak – to secure the No. 2 seed in the NFC and a first-round bye.

"I have been very clear about how much I have enjoyed living in Charlotte and working for this organization," said Rivera. "I very much appreciate the support and confidence Mr. Richardson and (general manager) Dave Gettleman have shown in me and our staff. Any success we have enjoyed is the result of a team effort by players, coaches, scouts and the entire organization, and our ultimate goal remains winning the Super Bowl."
I got mixed feelings about this one - thought he did a better job with his back against the wall, but he seems to have things going in the right direction (at least defensively).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mixed fealings as well... i think next year is going to tell some things, however i do believe we need some better personel on offense and a better cordinator.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsider, it looked like RR did a bang up job.
You guys have a pretty tough team.