• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel for his family because him not wearing a seatbelt is going to haunt them forever.

Yeah, that's awful. Considering the other driver was wearing a seat belt and still died, I think there's still a high chance he wouldn't have made it considering it was head on but you're always gonna wonder what if.

I read a facebook post from someone in the town mentioning they're concerned about his daughter perhaps being paralyzed. Mentioned going in for back surgery and prayers for her legs to move. What an awful tragedy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's awful. Considering the other driver was wearing a seat belt and still died, I think there's still a high chance he wouldn't have made it considering it was head on but you're always gonna wonder what if.

I read a facebook post from someone in the town mentioning they're concerned about his daughter perhaps being paralyzed. Mentioned going in for back surgery and prayers for her legs to move. What an awful tragedy.

I can't do stupidity, aka what Jamin did.

I hope the daughter survives without life harm. Her mom mentioned something those lives

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Jay's daughters from a friend of the family

Gracie Pugh, 12, regained feeling in her lower extremities on Friday while undergoing occupational therapy. She had no feeling below the thighs on Thursday, but her situation improved enough that she was able to make small movements with her legs and was able to get into a wheelchair multiple times.

Jayleigh “JJ” Pugh, 9, was fitted for a back brace and was able to spend an hour in a wheelchair on Friday. She is still on a feeding tube, but the hope is that it will be removed on Saturday so that she can eat solid food again.

Long way to go, but that's some good news. The younger one had several broken bones but is expected to heal ok. The older one had back surgery and there was fear she could be paralyzed so this is a great sign she has feeling and can make small movements.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, what about his tweets from forever ago gave anyone at Discovery say no to a tribute show? This is one time where a company can overcome the heat of doing a tribute for a person who died because of no fault of his/her own.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, what about his tweets from forever ago gave anyone at Discovery say no to a tribute show? This is one time where a company can overcome the heat of doing a tribute for a person who died because of no fault of his/her own.
I don’t have the tweet but this is what it said:

"The Delaware Senate passed a bill yesterday that allows same sex couples to get married. If that makes you happy, then congratulations!!!!!!

... try and teach my kids that there's nothing wrong with that and I'll fucking shoot you"

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Delaware Senate passed a bill yesterday that allows same sex couples to get married. If that makes you happy, then congratulations!!!!!!

... try and teach my kids that there's nothing wrong with that and I'll fucking shoot you"
No I get that. But was a decade ago or whatever, when that was essentially the feeling of at least half of the country. Right or wrong I don’t get why Discovery/Warner forbid it. I didn’t know anything about the previous stuff with them pre his passing away but it seems ridiculous that some executive held a grudge that bad. Won’t pretend to know a single thing about the situation but from everything I have heard from wrestlers is he is essentially the perfect example of how a dude who makes a tweet like that “evolves” so it doesn’t make sense to me. Especially for a company that can cancel a $100 million Batwoman or Catwoman (can’t remember which) but can’t eat 100k for the slap championship or whatever that dumb ass shit Dana White created.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No I get that. But was a decade ago or whatever, when that was essentially the feeling of at least half of the country. Right or wrong I don’t get why Discovery/Warner forbid it. I didn’t know anything about the previous stuff with them pre his passing away but it seems ridiculous that some executive held a grudge that bad. Won’t pretend to know a single thing about the situation but from everything I have heard from wrestlers is he is essentially the perfect example of how a dude who makes a tweet like that “evolves” so it doesn’t make sense to me. Especially for a company that can cancel a $100 million Batwoman or Catwoman (can’t remember which) but can’t eat 100k for the slap championship or whatever that dumb ass shit Dana White created.

For me, what crossed the line in Briscoe's tweet was the threat of violence it included. I'm generally anti "cancel culture" and in favor of understanding, compassion and forgiveness but what he said was truly disturbing and I can understand how a corporation would be reluctant to be associated with it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, what crossed the line in Briscoe's tweet was the threat of violence it included. I'm generally anti "cancel culture" and in favor of understanding, compassion and forgiveness but what he said was truly disturbing and I can understand how a corporation would be reluctant to be associated with it.

Someone at WBD just really has a hard on about it. What he said 10 years ago was pretty vile. But he apologized afterwards and more importantly, spent a decade actually put in the work to show his apology wasn't just empty words. He voluntarily went to sensitivity training classes, did shows and made friends with LGBTQ people in the industry many of whom spoke well of him before and after his passing. It's one thing to make the decision to not put him TV when he's alive. Maybe they didn't know about the work, maybe they just didn't want to deal with any kind of public backlash (I doubt there ever would have been much) of any kind. Though I'd disagree, you could make a somewhat reasonable case. But it's completely callous and dickish to not allow more of a tribute to him after the man died under tragic circumstances and you have a whole company full of people telling you he wasn't like that anymore and just wanted to do something for him. Whoever made that decision can get fucked

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone at WBD just really has a hard on about it. What he said 10 years ago was pretty vile. But he apologized afterwards and more importantly, spent a decade actually put in the work to show his apology wasn't just empty words. He voluntarily went to sensitivity training classes, did shows and made friends with LGBTQ people in the industry many of whom spoke well of him before and after his passing. It's one thing to make the decision to not put him TV when he's alive. Maybe they didn't know about the work, maybe they just didn't want to deal with any kind of public backlash (I doubt there ever would have been much) of any kind. Though I'd disagree, you could make a somewhat reasonable case. But it's completely callous and dickish to not allow more of a tribute to him after the man died under tragic circumstances and you have a whole company full of people telling you he wasn't like that anymore and just wanted to do something for him. Whoever made that decision can get fucked

I don't want to put words in your mouth but if I'm interpreting what you said correctly you understand (but don't agree with the decision) for WBD to forbid his presence on their network while he was alive but also think they should have allowed a full on tribute show to him on his passing? I think one way or the other they should have a consistent policy.

The story is very sad. The outpouring of love towards him by his colleagues leads me to believe he was a wonderful person. I also think WBD had the right to not allow him on their network based on the history of what he said as a fully grown adult in a public forum.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also said(I’m not sure if this was before or after that incident) something along the lines of:

“There’s an awful lot of fags in New York”

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBD has changed its policy on the Briscoes (bout fucking time). Tony Khan announced for Dynamite that Mark Briscoe will face Jay Lethal in a tribute match to Jay Briscoe.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WBD has changed its policy on the Briscoes (bout fucking time). Tony Khan announced for Dynamite that Mark Briscoe will face Jay Lethal in a tribute match to Jay Briscoe.

Having his brother on to honor him is a fair compromise by the company

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having his brother on to honor him is a fair compromise by the company

Yep. Meltzer also said they're allowed to do more of a formal tribute to Jay as well. Won't just be Mark wrestling.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tribute Show

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROH's weekly TV show starts up again this Thursday (March 2nd) and they did the tapings for the next month this past weekend. Looks like some decent matches on there, but the most notable thing is

They're setting up Eddie Kingston to be the challenger to Claudio for the ROH World Title at Supercard of Honor

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supercard of Honor is this Friday and they've put together a hell of a card if you like wrestling.

Claudio Castagnoli vs Eddie Kingston (ROH World Title)

Lucha Bros/TopFlight/TheKingdom/AussieOpen/Rush&Dralistico (ROH Tag Team Title Ladder Match)

Samoa Joe vs Mark Briscoe (ROH TV Title)

Athena vs Yuka Sakazaki (ROH Womens Title)

Wheeler Yuta vs Shibata (ROH Pure Title)

Daniel Garcia vs Tanahashi

Vikingo vs Komander (AAA Mega Title)

Embassy vs AR Fox/Blake Christian/Metalik (ROH 6 man Titles)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supercard was a good show with some good wrestling with one VERY BAD moment.

First the bad, prayers up for Dante Martin. One of the nastiest looking injuries I've seen. His foot was literally facing the wrong way. I won't link to it but its on Twitter for those that are curious. They had this insane spot planned with four tables stacked 2x2 on the outside with Penta and Dante standing on a horizontal ladder in the ring, probably some 15 feet in the air or more. Penta goes for a Destroyer on Martin towards the outside thru the tables but they rotate too far. Martin misses the tables and instead lands on this feet (all his weight and Penta's) which completely snaps one of his legs in half. His knee might be fucked too but his foot was totally turned around the wrong way. It could be a career ending injury for him which would be a damn shame since he's so young and promising. Hoping for a full recovery.

The rest of the show was very entertaining though. Shocked Eddie and Mark both lost their matches but I think its the start of emotional journeys for both. Vikingo/Kommander was fucking insane.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supercard was a good show with some good wrestling with one VERY BAD moment.

First the bad, prayers up for Dante Martin. One of the nastiest looking injuries I've seen. His foot was literally facing the wrong way. I won't link to it but its on Twitter for those that are curious. They had this insane spot planned with four tables stacked 2x2 on the outside with Penta and Dante standing on a horizontal ladder in the ring, probably some 15 feet in the air or more. Penta goes for a Destroyer on Martin towards the outside thru the tables but they rotate too far. Martin misses the tables and instead lands on this feet (all his weight and Penta's) which completely snaps one of his legs in half. His knee might be fucked too but his foot was totally turned around the wrong way. It could be a career ending injury for him which would be a damn shame since he's so young and promising. Hoping for a full recovery.

The rest of the show was very entertaining though. Shocked Eddie and Mark both lost their matches but I think its the start of emotional journeys for both. Vikingo/Kommander was fucking insane.
I will watch it sometime soon possibly (although I still need to watch the iron man match with Danielson and MJF as well). Was it a similar injury that Sid got jumping off the top rope?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch it sometime soon possibly (although I still need to watch the iron man match with Danielson and MJF as well). Was it a similar injury that Sid got jumping off the top rope?

Yeah, pretty damn close. Camera doesn't linger on it as much as the Sid one did. You kinda see it live and they quickly cut back to the ring. If you watch the alt angles from fans on Twitter and slowed down shots, you can really see how bad it was.