• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rhetorical Question......Why appologize for being correct?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's more fodder for the folks who constantly sees CSI and not what is clearly obvious......

Gruden: RG3 critique was a 'mistake'

I think that this article is spot on and what we're facing now is a situation where one or both (Gruden, Griffin) are now on the clock (being on longer on the team)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing Sty. I thought he was giving Griffin a dose of his own medicine but he also did the same thing he told Griffin not to. He has done it to DJax (lousy blocker) Hatcher (not getting what we paid for) though. So Griffin is not the only one. My guess, Bruce told him to dile it back. That's probably a good idea to try to quell the storm of questios that were inevitable.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce may have spoking to him, but I think Gruden knows exactly what he's doing. He smacking him and then he shows him some love and protection when others smack him. The problem is that I'm not convinced that RG3s issues can be solved by tough love. I don't see his issues as a lack of want to or work ethic, but just a physical/mental flaw in quick decision making. In fact, I'm not even sure that time and repetition can fix this flaw. After all, the NFL graveyard is littered with strong arm, athletic QBs that couldn't make it in this league for these very same flaws.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luckiest guy of the week is Jim Hazmat. With all the attention on Griffin nobody is talking as much about yet anther pathetic defensive performance. At least for now

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luckiest guy of the week is Jim Hazmat. With all the attention on Griffin nobody is talking as much about yet anther pathetic defensive performance. At least for now

Barring the defense playing just like the Dallas game for the majority of the remaining games - if this team brings back Haslett next season I think that I am going to book tee times on every Sunday of the NFL season (weather permitting). I don't think I will have to worry much about night games since this team won't have many (or any) of them.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce may have spoking to him, but I think Gruden knows exactly what he's doing. He smacking him and then he shows him some love and protection when others smack him. The problem is that I'm not convinced that RG3s issues can be solved by tough love. I don't see his issues as a lack of want to or work ethic, but just a physical/mental flaw in quick decision making. In fact, I'm not even sure that time and repetition can fix this flaw. After all, the NFL graveyard is littered with strong arm, athletic QBs that couldn't make it in this league for these very same flaws.

If RG3's issues are simply that he can't hack it then I am fine by that - move on (whether it starts next season or in 2016). However - sooner or later the philosophy will need to change & I believe that the last few days have been a good start.

I see nothing wrong with Gruden backtracking a bit. All of us do this from time to time. You may make a similar outburst at work or home & then a day or two later take back some of it. You do this not necessarily since you believe that you are wrong but to keep the peace & just to ensure that everyone simply moves forward. No need to hold a grudge for too long when there is work to be done.

I see no way that Gruden is gone at the end of this season. The scrutiny on Snyder & the organization would be insane. You can't compare this to the Shanahan situation since he was in his 4th year with all but one of those resulting in a terrible record.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right now he is playing like a scared bitch and he is paralyzed by it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3's issues are simply that he can't hack it then I am fine by that - move on (whether it starts next season or in 2016). However - sooner or later the philosophy will need to change & I believe that the last few days have been a good start.

I see nothing wrong with Gruden backtracking a bit. All of us do this from time to time. You may make a similar outburst at work or home & then a day or two later take back some of it. You do this not necessarily since you believe that you are wrong but to keep the peace & just to ensure that everyone simply moves forward. No need to hold a grudge for too long when there is work to be done.

I see no way that Gruden is gone at the end of this season. The scrutiny on Snyder & the organization would be insane. You can't compare this to the Shanahan situation since he was in his 4th year with all but one of those resulting in a terrible record.

backing off was a perfect move . you dont want the guy to think you hate him . its like a father scolding his son

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
backing off was a perfect move . you dont want the guy to think you hate him . its like a father scolding his son

Correction....its like a father scolding his son in public. Thats a bit different. But I'm ok with it. IF Robert can't handle criticism and scrutiny (without blaming others) then he aint gonna make it in this league, anyway.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread when have you ever heard a head coach rip his QB like this? Hell even Parcells never did it. I am fine with it, as with his criticism of Hatcher and others. The concern I have is he never backtracked on those comments, only this time. So was it the coach who realized the shitstorm he had created or was it the owner demanding he do this? Given Snyder's history I think that's a fair question.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread when have you ever heard a head coach rip his QB like this? Hell even Parcells never did it. I am fine with it, as with his criticism of Hatcher and others. The concern I have is he never backtracked on those comments, only this time. So was it the coach who realized the shitstorm he had created or was it the owner demanding he do this? Given Snyder's history I think that's a fair question.

Doesn't really matter & again this is one of those things that nobody can prove one way or the other. The important thing is how the team responds moving forward. I don't necessarily mean that they need to win the majority of the remaining games. However - they have to show effort, minimize mistakes & show signs of some progress. In addition - they should try - as difficult as it may be - to minimize their comments to the press (ala RG3 the other day).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gruden did the same thing to andy dalton in cincy on the radio almost verbatim