• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report : Bish doesn't make team USA, Labrie waived, Korobov re-assigned

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Bishop, Like, Totally Snubbed by TeamUSA - Raw Charge

WTF??????? LOL he's the best American born goalie on the planet and arguably in my opinion the best goalies in the league if not the best, seriously where is this team without him? There are more and more reports out that Howard, Quick and Miller will be the 3 goalies for team USA, we'll just have to wait for the official announcement after the Winter Classic but if so what a joke!!! Here's there numbers:

Bishop : 1.89 GAA .935 SV%
Miller : 2.69 GAA .927 SV%
Quick : 2.35 GAA .905 SV%
Howard : 2.76 GAA .906 SV%

Those stats aren't even remotely close, it's pathetic. This decision if true angers me, there's no way Bish should not be included on team USA. Past history shouldn't way into the decision but it obviously does based of the decision, it's all about now not about what happened last year or the year before, who gives you the best chance to win now. The 3 goalies representing team USA in Sochi should be Bishop, Quick and Schneider.

Moving on to a couple of roster moves, P.C Labrie was put on waivers signalling a return of Ryan Malone who should provide a much need net presence and some physicality upfront. Also Dimitry Korobov was re-assigned back to Syracuse signalling either or perhaps a return for both Eric Brewer or Sami Salo. Thank god we've got some bodies back for this Canadian trip we sure need it.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P C Labrie played hard but lack of talent did him in. Shame on the American team if they leave off Bishop.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P C Labrie played hard but lack of talent did him in. Shame on the American team if they leave off Bishop.

I like Labrie, sad to see him go just not enough spaces on the roster. I loved his character and toughness that he brought to the table seemed like people loved him as a teammate, he'd stick up for any of them. Korobov's lack of foot speed hurt him at this level. I thought he had a NHL future but seems more like a depth defenseman.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Years Lightning fans!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year to all my friends on Lightning Forum. Don P

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning played a great game against Vancouver last night, probably the toughest team we'll face on this road trip. 4-2 Bolts

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a mistake by team usa not taking ben bishop! enjoy canada winning another gold medal

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Bishop, Like, Totally Snubbed by TeamUSA - Raw Charge

WTF??????? LOL he's the best American born goalie on the planet and arguably in my opinion the best goalies in the league if not the best, seriously where is this team without him? There are more and more reports out that Howard, Quick and Miller will be the 3 goalies for team USA, we'll just have to wait for the official announcement after the Winter Classic but if so what a joke!!! Here's there numbers:

Bishop : 1.89 GAA .935 SV%
Miller : 2.69 GAA .927 SV%
Quick : 2.35 GAA .905 SV%
Howard : 2.76 GAA .906 SV%

Those stats aren't even remotely close, it's pathetic. This decision if true angers me, there's no way Bish should not be included on team USA. Past history shouldn't way into the decision but it obviously does based of the decision, it's all about now not about what happened last year or the year before, who gives you the best chance to win now. The 3 goalies representing team USA in Sochi should be Bishop, Quick and Schneider.

Moving on to a couple of roster moves, P.C Labrie was put on waivers signalling a return of Ryan Malone who should provide a much need net presence and some physicality upfront. Also Dimitry Korobov was re-assigned back to Syracuse signalling either or perhaps a return for both Eric Brewer or Sami Salo. Thank god we've got some bodies back for this Canadian trip we sure need it.

I will excuse ryan miller for his stats because his team sucks! but the top two goalies should have been ryan miller and ben bishop

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest snubs were Bishop, Okposo, Yandle, & Ryan. Seemed like they botched those up badly. Oh well, let's hope we have enough to get gold @ Sochi.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will excuse ryan miller for his stats because his team sucks! but the top two goalies should have been ryan miller and ben bishop

Main thing was Howard over Bishop, I think that was the most messed up of them all. I was chatting with a friend of mine who's a huge Red Wings fan and even he didn't think Jimmy Howard deserved to make the U.S. roster. Sort of worried about Howard's shootout stats. Less than 50% saves in the shootout. Shootout matters a lot in the Olympics. Not saying Howard will play, but if it comes to that we're in trouble.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main thing was Howard over Bishop, I think that was the most messed up of them all. I was chatting with a friend of mine who's a huge Red Wings fan and even he didn't think Jimmy Howard deserved to make the U.S. roster. Sort of worried about Howard's shootout stats. Less than 50% saves in the shootout. Shootout matters a lot in the Olympics. Not saying Howard will play, but if it comes to that we're in trouble.
Ben Bishop has been great in the shootout! the best goalie the lightning have ever had in the shootout! guess what usa ben bishop with his 4th shutout of the season tonight tied with rask for the nhl lead now. plus look at the defense tampa puts on the ice for bishop not much talent ok but really not that great. Our defense is pretty much the same players from last season gudas, brewer, Hedman, Carle, Salo sustr =new barbs=new. How did lindback fare last season ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Bishop has been great in the shootout! the best goalie the lightning have ever had in the shootout! guess what usa ben bishop with his 4th shutout of the season tonight tied with rask for the nhl lead now. plus look at the defense tampa puts on the ice for bishop not much talent ok but really not that great. Our defense is pretty much the same players from last season gudas, brewer, Hedman, Carle, Salo sustr =new barbs=new. How did lindback fare last season ?

Good win against the Flames, good team win could of easily been 4 or 5 for the Lightning. Love Bugsy sticking up for Bish, I said that straight away somebody has to go after Wesgarth and that's what Malone did despite the fight being a mismatch as Wesgarth is a seasoned pro in terms of fighting.

When speaking about our D, I do think it's better than what some people give it credit for. Is it the best? no but it's not the worst either plus under Cooper it's more of a 5 man effort, I think that somewhat factors in as well. This is not taking anything away from Bish because you've seen my opinion on the Olympic decision but although we have the same personnel on the Blueline so people have improved since last year. I mean Hedman has been stellar especially since his return from injury. I think Carle looks more improved from last season, the likes of Gudas and Sustr continue to get better especially Gudas. I also think Cote is an improvement over the likes of Lee and Aulie who we had last year playing 6th/7th Defenseman role.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, would've felt more comfortable with Bishop there than Howard. Not that I expect Howard to play but if it ever comes to that...