• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Regarding Old Managers and A's, Rangers travel to Oakland

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 games more than any I can remember from recent history have highlighted the MAJOR problem area with this team which will ultimately keep them from the postseason should they choose not to improve it.

The bats are solid, or should I say will be solid once Hamilton and Beltre return. DeShields is decent as the leadoff hitter and Fielder, Beltre, Hamilton, Moreland, Rua, and Blanks are more than enough to generate solid run support most nights.

The rotation is actually quite solid. Gallardo, Chi Chi, Colby, Nick Mart, Wandy, Perez (soon), and Holland (later) is legit.

But the bullpen is an absolute dumpster fire. Tolleson and usually Kela. That's it. Those are the only arms who are even remotely reliable. Freeman, Detwiler, and Edwards are pure garbage. Scheppers and Ohlendorf are very Jekyll-Hyde. And Feliz was pretty awful before going on the DL.

I guess if/once Perez, Harrison, and Holland return that will push some decent arms from the rotation to the pen. But still, it's a huge mess.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 LH bullpen arms that have no business being on this team. Id much rather have Claudio than either one of them. I have a feeling that was the last straw with Freeman.

I am disappointed in Edwards as he has the stuff but he just stinks. You are right on the Claudio thing. He is not great but he is better than these LHers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 games more than any I can remember from recent history have highlighted the MAJOR problem area with this team which will ultimately keep them from the postseason should they choose not to improve it.

The bats are solid, or should I say will be solid once Hamilton and Beltre return. DeShields is decent as the leadoff hitter and Fielder, Beltre, Hamilton, Moreland, Rua, and Blanks are more than enough to generate solid run support most nights.

The rotation is actually quite solid. Gallardo, Chi Chi, Colby, Nick Mart, Wandy, Perez (soon), and Holland (later) is legit.

But the bullpen is an absolute dumpster fire. Tolleson and usually Kela. That's it. Those are the only arms who are even remotely reliable. Freeman, Detwiler, and Edwards are pure garbage. Scheppers and Ohlendorf are very Jekyll-Hyde. And Feliz was pretty awful before going on the DL.

I guess if/once Perez, Harrison, and Holland return that will push some decent arms from the rotation to the pen. But still, it's a huge mess.

I was getting ready to post the same thing about the pen. That is our issue. I hope we have some guys step up that are floating in the minors or we are not using that much sitting out in the pen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman, Edwards and Detwiler all need to be gone ASAP.

Somebody's gotta be in the pen, and we knew going in to the season ours wasn't stocked very well. So who gets the call up if this 3 is sent down?

But I really don't understand sending Patton down without letting throw at all, when we know we've got more than one not doing well here already.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody's gotta be in the pen, and we knew going in to the season ours wasn't stocked very well. So who gets the call up if this 3 is sent down?

But I really don't understand sending Patton down without letting throw at all, when we know we've got more than one not doing well here already.

Along the lines of what Justin said as well. I did not get that one at all. I have the same feeling about Freeman coming into the game than I did about Kirkman. I hope Scheppers gets his act together as he is just too talented to be pitching like this.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i didn't have to go to work I would go right back to sleep after seeing that box score. Sure glad I missed the shit out of that one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along the lines of what Justin said as well. I did not get that one at all. I have the same feeling about Freeman coming into the game than I did about Kirkman. I hope Scheppers gets his act together as he is just too talented to be pitching like this.

Freeman was smoking in the minors when he came up. But it sure hasn't translated well to the big leagues.

Detwiler has got to be number uno on getting a ticket outta town doesn't he? Put him back on the DL or something, for heavens sake.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I trust Claudy a lot more than Detwiler.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lefty in AA that is getting everyone out. What a concept. A lefty that can get lefties out. His name is Cody Ege. Get him or Claudio back up here. Freeman needs to be released.

BTW. Big nights from Nick Williams and Mazara both have homered. Combined 6-8 with 5 RBIs. I hope those 2 keep progressing.