• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Regarding Old Managers and A's, Rangers travel to Oakland

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there will be some sort of side show made of Wash being there. First time against his old team. First game maybe harsh but we should take the series.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's beat some Oakland ass. Gio used to eat us up too, but we finally started getting to him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny Gray vs. Batters | Baseball-Reference.com

Smolinski needs to start in LF and Leonys needs to sit in favor of DDJ in CF.

Elvis hasn't done well either ... and while Rosales is hitless in five ABs ... he's at least put the ball in play. So would sit Elvis in favor of Alberto at SS and would start Rosales at 2b.

Here's why ...

Grant: Royals might have won late, but Rangers didn't help themselves with early mistakes | Dallas Morning News

I thought Smolinski was sent down to RR.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Jamey Newberg.

The current projections from the national outlets:

Dillon Tate (RHP, UC Santa Barbara)

* ESPN (Keith Law)

* MLB.com (Jim Callis)

* Baseball Prospectus (Christopher Crawford)

* FanGraphs (Kiley McDaniel)

* Scout.com (Jeff Ellis)

Brendan Rodgers (SS, Lake Mary HS, Florida)

* Baseball America (John Manuel)

* MinorLeagueBall.com (John Sickels)

Alex Bregman (SS, LSU)

* Sports Illustrated (David Rawnsley)

* MLB Network Radio (Jim Duquette)

Daz Cameron (OF, Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy, Georgia)

* MLB.com (Jonathan Mayo)

Kyle Tucker (OF, Plant HS, Florida)

* MLB Network Radio (Jim Bowden)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers play 10 day games this month.
So Hamilton gets hurt at the beginning of a month with a lot of day games. Hmmmm!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers minor-league report | | Dallas Morning News

Worth noting from the Texas Rangers’ minor-league system on Sunday:

TRIPLE-A ROUND ROCK (35-21) allowed only three hits in a 6-0 win over Oklahoma City (Los Angeles Dodgers.) RHP Anthony Ranaudo allowed the hits but only one walk in seven innings. In his last five starts, Ranaudo is 4-1 with a 1.80 ERA and eight walks in 30 innings. Ranaudo also had seven strikeouts for the second consecutive start.

DOUBLE-A FRISCO (23-33) gave up 10 outs on strikeouts in a 2-1 loss at Tulsa (Los Angeles Dodgers.) CF Jake Skole had three of the strikeouts in a 0-for-5 performance. Skole, the 15th overall selection in the 2010 draft, has 12 strikeouts in his last 21 at-bats.

HIGH-A HIGH DESERT (29-26) took only one walk in a 6-4 loss in 13 innings at San Jose (San Francisco.) 3B Ryan Cordell went 3-for-5 with a homer and two RBIs. Cordell is tied for fifth in the California League for homers with 11 and tied for the league lead in RBIs with 50.

LOW-A HICKORY (36-20) had four pitchers combine for 10 strikeouts in a 5-3 win at Lakewood (Philadelphia.) RHP Ariel Jurado had six strikeouts in five scoreless innings to keep a perfect record. Jurado, 19, is 8-0 with a 2.09 ERA for 56 innings. He has allowed only seven walks for the season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hamilton gets hurt at the beginning of a month with a lot of day games. Hmmmm!
Just more of his BS I hope he has put behind him. Never feel completely good about Josh.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more of his BS I hope he has put behind him. Never feel completely good about Josh.

Since he had an MRI and this was read/interrupted by a professional, I'm assuming Josh had little to do with it.

That said, if he could have done something to help his hamstring to begin with, is another matter. You know, something complicated like, wrapping your leg.

And it has struck me as odd how little was made of the fact he apparently didn't wrap it, like he was accustomed to doing. Now, IMO, this is BS when a 30 year old man has to be reminded to wash behind his ears, eat all your vegetables, and oh yeah, wrap your leg.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living where I do, the only sports station I can pick up while driving is 105.3. And what a piece of crap station it is.

When we originally got Hamilton back, their morning crew went to great lengths to say things like, "maybe we'll have Bible Day at the park" and "his walk-up music will be some choir." It was way over the top and disrespectful.

Y'all remember a few weeks ago when there was an armed robbery at a jewelry store? The Dallas police closed some mall parking lot, or some such. Anyway, that fucking egg-brain Chris Arnold tries to turn this dangerous situation into a joke, by asking, "Who you cheering for?" Much laughter to be had and witting banter followed.

A few days ago, the morning crew was chatting up - for almost a 1/2 hour - a web site promoting grandmothers looking for sex.

Don't they have a program director? They have a bunch of mouth dogs who need to be put back on the verbal lease.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he had an MRI and this was read/interrupted by a professional, I'm assuming Josh had little to do with it.

That said, if he could have done something to help his hamstring to begin with, is another matter. You know, something complicated like, wrapping your leg.

And it has struck me as odd how little was made of the fact he apparently didn't wrap it, like he was accustomed to doing. Now, IMO, this is BS when a 30 year old man has to be reminded to wash behind his ears, eat all your vegetables, and oh yeah, wrap your leg.
I was referring to his BS about not seeing well in day games.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Referring to his not seeing well in day games not to his injury.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he was given the day off.... Just a hunch, but that might be why he didnt wrap the leg.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was given the day off.... Just a hunch, but that might be why he didnt wrap the leg.

From what I read, he normally wrapped the leg after the game - you know, the one he played in and got hurt - but he failed to do so on this occasion.

He didn't get hurt sitting on the bench.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living where I do, the only sports station I can pick up while driving is 105.3. And what a piece of crap station it is.

When we originally got Hamilton back, their morning crew went to great lengths to say things like, "maybe we'll have Bible Day at the park" and "his walk-up music will be some choir." It was way over the top and disrespectful.

Y'all remember a few weeks ago when there was an armed robbery at a jewelry store? The Dallas police closed some mall parking lot, or some such. Anyway, that fucking egg-brain Chris Arnold tries to turn this dangerous situation into a joke, by asking, "Who you cheering for?" Much laughter to be had and witting banter followed.

A few days ago, the morning crew was chatting up - for almost a 1/2 hour - a web site promoting grandmothers looking for sex.

Don't they have a program director? They have a bunch of mouth dogs who need to be put back on the verbal lease.

I have only heard the afternoon show and they play a lot of excerpts of earlier interviews which I kind of like. I never have liked Chris Arnold though from listening to him in the past.