• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Vikings (week 9)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes are one of the leading teams at sacks. At the same time Griffin and sacks are synonymous. Cousins didn't take them, so clearly Griffin doesn't have to. That needs to stop being an excuse.

:agree:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes are one of the leading teams at sacks. At the same time Griffin and sacks are synonymous. Cousins didn't take them, so clearly Griffin doesn't have to. That needs to stop being an excuse.

yeah and i have said this over and over again so let it sink in

rg3 is a running qb . running qbs tend to hold the ball longer to make and extend plays with their legs

Rg3 isnt KC KC isnt RG3 . we didnt lose this game because he took sacks . we lost it because the defense was flat

so stop with the sack taking , if you want a pocket passer then we will have to draft one because that isnt RG3's game at this point and it wont be until he gets more snaps in this offense

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so stop with the sack taking , if you want a pocket passer then we will have to draft one because that isnt RG3's game at this point and it wont be until he gets more snaps in this offense

RG3's time as a dynamic running QB is all but over. So with that gone, he needs to be a pocket passer with good awareness and field vision. But like you said... he's not a pocket passer. Time to showcase these QB's and trade them for the best return.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rg3 is a running qb . running qbs tend to hold the ball longer to make and extend plays with their legs

Rg3 isnt KC KC isnt RG3 . we didnt lose this game because he took sacks . we lost it because the defense was flat

What an absurd statement! We should all just accept that he'll take far too many sacks because that's just what running QBs do? Is that really your point? I hope not.

He can still run the RO all he wants. He can still scramble for yardage all he wants. But if he's going to sit in the pocket and hold the ball, he's going to kill the offense and himself. He can still be a running QB, and not play like a deer eyed rookie in the pocket. Heck he didn't play like that in 2012... but he's gotten a WHOLE LOT WORSE since then.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was sacked 5 times in 33 dropbacks, just barely more than 1 in 6 tries.

Teddy B was sacked 2 times in 44 dropbacks. Once per 22 tries.

Spare me any crap about that just being how its going to be. Not if we want to win any games it won't be.

When that script was flipped last week vs Dallas, we won, and the week before vs Tenn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absurd statement! We should all just accept that he'll take far too many sacks because that's just what running QBs do? Is that really your point? I hope not.

He can still run the RO all he wants. He can still scramble for yardage all he wants. But if he's going to sit in the pocket and hold the ball, he's going to kill the offense and himself. He can still be a running QB, and not play like a deer eyed rookie in the pocket. Heck he didn't play like that in 2012... but he's gotten a WHOLE LOT WORSE since then.

i am sure some of the sacks are on him but the o/line screwed some up too

my point is that he will need some time to develop as a pocket passer and yoiung qbs tend to go with their best attributes. running is rg'3 's

we need patience here . we need to forget draft picks we paid and focus on the here and now and what we have .

we have 7 more games and Rg3 will either fail or go on . if he fails then we will be looking for a qb

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quit hatin' Dave. The fact that Griffin is averaging 4.5 sacks and two turnovers a game should not matter. He gives us the best chance to win, and the fact that we havent won a game with him as the starter in basically a year doesnt matter.

[/End sarcasm]

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit hatin' Dave. The fact that Griffin is averaging 4.5 sacks and two turnovers a game should not matter. He gives us the best chance to win, and the fact that we havent won a game with him as the starter in basically a year doesnt matter.

[/End sarcasm]

RG3 did not give up 29 f;n points

Rg3 mad some good plays and some bad plays but the fact is he put the game winning td up on;ly for the defense to hand it back

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rg3 mad some good plays and some bad plays but the fact is he put the game winning td up on;ly for the defense to hand it back

Or you could also point out that he threw the pick that basically put the Vikings into the game, and missed a wide open WR for a turn over on downs that basically ended it as well. He was in the position to be the hero despite it all... he just came up short.... again.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how you keep bringing up that point, but with 8 or 9 minutes remaining in the game, that TD was not a game winning TD. He had another shot to win it with 3 minutes to go and 3 timeouts... what happened there? Blame the defense all you want (and i'm with you there), but he had a chance to win and came up short much like Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you keep bringing up that point, but with 8 or 9 minutes remaining in the game, that TD was not a game winning TD. He had another shot to win it with 3 minutes to go and 3 timeouts... what happened there? Blame the defense all you want (and i'm with you there), but he had a chance to win and came up short much like Cousins.

sure he had a chance to win it and so has a slew of qbs who failed at that . we lost , it wasnt our day , but Rg3 was far from the only issue .

i expect my defense to make plays vs a rookie qb, with like 4 games under his belt , especially with the game on the line they didnt

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes but you brought up Oline issues as an excuse for Griffin. So I am not going to stop talking about sacks when you use it as an excuse.

I didn't his case. Coach said it best "he did some good things and he did some bad things" his interception changed momentum and ended up costing 7 points. I believe the loss was by 3 points.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but you brought up Oline issues as an excuse for Griffin. So I am not going to stop talking about sacks when you use it as an excuse.

I didn't his case. Coach said it best "he did some good things and he did some bad things" his interception changed momentum and ended up costing 7 points. I believe the loss was by 3 points.

everyone on this board knows the o/line is at best suspect . sure he took some sacks he didnt have to but the o/line wasnt perfect and helu missed some bltz pickups

and facts arent excuses it is what it is

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone on this board knows the o/line is at best suspect . sure he took some sacks he didnt have to but the o/line wasnt perfect and helu missed some bltz pickups

and facts arent excuses it is what it is

:agree: excuses ---- for whatever reason Griffin fans need to make excuses for him.

Anyone watching the game using rationale would say what his coach said "he did some good things and a couple of bad things" ... That is not slandering the QB

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did some very good things and made one very bad play. Griffin wasn't the reason this game was lost however. Keep piling on though, he has broad shoulders.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did some very good things and made one very bad play. Griffin wasn't the reason this game was lost however. Keep piling on though, he has broad shoulders.

Here is the question then.

When the fuck do we get to the point where he becomes the reason we won games, instead of simply NOT being the reason we lost?? Again I will simply point out, aside from Dallas fans defending Romo, I never hear fans of a team that has a franchise or "potential" franchise QB constantly trying to defend that Qbs greatness in the face of the team sucking.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that one very bad play changed the outlook of the game.. Had Kirk played like RG3 today, we'd have threads about how it's all Kirk's fault and how hes not clutch. So keep the excuse train rolling for RG3... fact is he should not have started today.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the fuck do we get to the point where he becomes the reason we won games, instead of simply NOT being the reason we lost?? Again I will simply point out, aside from Dallas fans defending Romo, I never hear fans of a team that has a franchise or "potential" franchise QB constantly trying to defend that Qbs greatness in the face of the team sucking.

we dont have a quality TEAM but all the focus is on the qb .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't piling on. Mostly if anything I have been stirring the pot. I have never seen adults with such a level of idol worship. The amount of excuses made for this guy are just hilarious while at the same time you trash the backups for the things they don't do well It is to the point where you are telling the rest of us how to root for our team or what we should or shouldn't say.

Shark is right. I think it was Philly game people were saying Cousins played pretty well and D let him down and the comments from the pro Griffin bunch were "he had a chance to win and didn't get it done."
Well what is good for the goose is good for the gander too. When they talk about all time great QBs you don't ever hear them say how often his D or OL let him down they talk about how many 4th quarter comebacks they have.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont have a quality TEAM but all the focus is on the qb .

Yea another excuse. Colt didn't have a problem with the lack of quality... And the focus is on the QB because hes failed miserably even with a chance to win the game at the end... took a sack at the worst possible time... then throws the ball to the ground instead of an open WR.

We had a chance to win... he came up short. end of story.