• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings host the Bolts

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the Bolts have won all the games in this season series including their first win at the Joe in many years! Detroit is returning home from a game played yesterday in which they spanked Toronto 4-2! On the other side of the ice will be the Bolts. They played last night & should have spanked a bottom of the barrel Buffalo team but did not. In fact, it took OT to get the 2nd point. :wtf2: With this stated, we will see what the Bolts have left in their tank after playing an unnecessary OT game. Side note, the Wings are starting to get healthy again. Will this be the only game won by Detroit in this 5 game season series or will the Bolts dig deep from inside & find a way to win? My prediction: 2 games out of the 4 so far took OT for the Bolts to win. I predict a Red Wings win in OT due to the Bolts having something to blame the loss on. We all know they'll use the blame game on playing last night :lol:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOLTS!!!!!!!!!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! Filpp finally earns a goal against his former team & unassisted!!!!!!!!!!! :10: :clap: :yahoo:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nyquist has been on fire for the Red Wings. 2-1 Wings

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo the Bolts shot an enormous 6 SOG in the 1st period! Detroit didn't even start Howard. That either says it's just the Bolts or they have a huge amount of respect for Gustavsson!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 after 2. We probably should have started Lindy since Bishop had that last night OT game. They look tired out there compared to the Wings. So far all Detroit scoring including a former Detroit player.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings pull it out

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I predicted the score exactly on the Red Wings board! I really don't see the Bolts going too far in the playoffs. They will be playing back to back games in the best of 7. I really don't agree with Cooper's decision to start Bishop back to back. Lindy should have started one or the other game especially with the very little time between the starts of both games. Even the Wings sat Howard after he played yesterday. This club really needs to start thinking & using their heads.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I predicted the score exactly on the Red Wings board! I really don't see the Bolts going too far in the playoffs. They will be playing back to back games in the best of 7. I really don't agree with Cooper's decision to start Bishop back to back. Lindy should have started one or the other game especially with the very little time between the starts of both games. Even the Wings sat Howard after he played yesterday. This club really needs to start thinking & using their heads.

Are defense is not good enough for a playoff run! But if we get the Habs in round one I like the match up

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd I believe we get to switch (ie) second in our div. plays third in met div. and third in our div. plays second in the Metro div. First place with the most pts. plays the last wild card team.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I S R You are too harsh on Stevie Y. He has made good pickups in free agency, and made good trades. The place where he is lacking ( which is a guessing game ) is drafting. He passed on Jeff Skinner and picked Connolly, he passed on Cam Fowler and took Namesnikov and passed on Seth Jones and took Drouin. Thats two good D men and a good scorer For three guys who are still in the minors.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I S R You are too harsh on Stevie Y. He has made good pickups in free agency, and made good trades. The place where he is lacking ( which is a guessing game ) is drafting. He passed on Jeff Skinner and picked Connolly, he passed on Cam Fowler and took Namesnikov and passed on Seth Jones and took Drouin. Thats two good D men and a good scorer For three guys who are still in the minors.

Vladdy and drouin are going to be really good players! But Connolly over fowler was a dumb move! People do you guys remember how bad are prospect system was before yzerman got here ? He added palat Johnson gudas jt brown kucherov vladdy drouin that Russian goalie who is looking super! Every gm screws up makes bad moves but yzerman has done more good then bad. Bishop for conacher! Was another I remember people were hating that move. How is the Callahan deal looking ? And we got a first round pick coming in 2015! From that deal also.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point Todd. I know we have good picks but they are still in the minors. We passed on guys that are playing great right now in the NHL that could help us NOW.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P. S. Callahan for Marty was a masterpiece. Marty is still waiting for his first goal, though I'm sure he'll get some but we gained a player for many years ( If we can sign him ) while Marty has only one or two more.
I hope Drouin will make it but he is small and unproven
Skinner has 93 goals, Connolly 4......real bad choice there.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point Todd. I know we have good picks but they are still in the minors. We passed on guys that are playing great right now in the NHL that could help us NOW.
yzerman is a future down the road guy! his plan has always been a 5 to 8 year plan. Only pick I hated was the bret connolly pick! picking skinner would have been super. But how about 2011 draft pick palat in the 7th round ? palat sure is helping out right now! nhl teams miss on picks but we have been hitting on a lot of picks. goalie depth yzerman has stacked us up! Bishop, Kristers Gudlevskis, Andrey Vasilevskiy and Adam Wilcox. Henri Ikonen who they picked last year late is going to be another palat watch out for him. I think sustr will step up next year for sure but yzerman is still going to shop for defense this summer.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm too harsh on our Village Idiot. There has to be a reason why the Wings let him come here without pressuring him to stay there. Just like there's a reason why the Wings have made it to the playoffs for what 21 consecutive years.
True, he has done a lot of great...not just good here in Tampa, but I really don't think he's going to bring us to the next level. I really think the Bolts need to find someone more well rounded in this great sport. Not just be offensive minded. Every sport guys, when it comes down to the final game(s) it's the team with the better defense that wins. Whether it be the NBA, NFL, MLB, Soccer, etc. Look at tennis, it's all defensive. They have to feel out when to be offensive! Every sport guys! So yes we have great scorers & shit load of offensive players in our farm & yes we have a shit load of net-minders in our farm, however, a net-minder can not be a teams only defense. Ever since the Village Idiot has been here he's been building those to positions (forwards & goalies). He's not defensive minded. I know that we all agree that the Bolts need defense. I just don't believe this guy will bring us to the next level with his frame of mind. He will always band aid the D & get the "bargain" player to fill the role half ass or somewhat. I love Stevie Y for the player he was on my Wings team but I totally disagree with how he is building the Bolts. I really think Vanik needs to keep his eyes open & when a well rounded GM quality person is found, yank on that pole, lodge the hook & reel him in so we can get to the next level.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm too harsh on our Village Idiot. There has to be a reason why the Wings let him come here without pressuring him to stay there. Just like there's a reason why the Wings have made it to the playoffs for what 21 consecutive years.
True, he has done a lot of great...not just good here in Tampa, but I really don't think he's going to bring us to the next level. I really think the Bolts need to find someone more well rounded in this great sport. Not just be offensive minded. Every sport guys, when it comes down to the final game(s) it's the team with the better defense that wins. Whether it be the NBA, NFL, MLB, Soccer, etc. Look at tennis, it's all defensive. They have to feel out when to be offensive! Every sport guys! So yes we have great scorers & shit load of offensive players in our farm & yes we have a shit load of net-minders in our farm, however, a net-minder can not be a teams only defense. Ever since the Village Idiot has been here he's been building those to positions (forwards & goalies). He's not defensive minded. I know that we all agree that the Bolts need defense. I just don't believe this guy will bring us to the next level with his frame of mind. He will always band aid the D & get the "bargain" player to fill the role half ass or somewhat. I love Stevie Y for the player he was on my Wings team but I totally disagree with how he is building the Bolts. I really think Vanik needs to keep his eyes open & when a well rounded GM quality person is found, yank on that pole, lodge the hook & reel him in so we can get to the next level.
so you want feaster back ? Who drafted what ? Or Lawton ? Who ?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Todd, it's about moving ahead bro not back. C'mon man read! I specifically took my time to word this so you all couldn't twist it around. Simply put: Vanik open eyes for someone better & more well rounded to take the Bolts forward (not backwards) to the next level. A previous thread I wrote states that good defenses is what win the big game in any sport. I don't think (in my opinion) Stevie Y. is capable to build a team with a defense. Imo he's too offensive minded. He was in the Wings front office since retirement from playing. Again, there has to be a reason why they didn't put up a huge fight to keep him. Again, I agree he has done a lot of great things for the Bolts (not just good). All of this was in the above post. I don't know how to write it any more simple than I did so you all don't warp it around to mean something different. Just like you have thoughts or opinions without answers, I do as well. Same flesh, bones, blood, organs bro. No one is better than another. Just friends that love our team in the best sport in the world, period & hands down.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coach John McKay was around & loved the Bolts, I'm sure if asked what he thinks about the Bolt's defense execution. I'm sure he would reply that he's in favour of their execution! :laugh3:
RIP Coach, I miss your quick quips

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Todd, it's about moving ahead bro not back. C'mon man read! I specifically took my time to word this so you all couldn't twist it around. Simply put: Vanik open eyes for someone better & more well rounded to take the Bolts forward (not backwards) to the next level. A previous thread I wrote states that good defenses is what win the big game in any sport. I don't think (in my opinion) Stevie Y. is capable to build a team with a defense. Imo he's too offensive minded. He was in the Wings front office since retirement from playing. Again, there has to be a reason why they didn't put up a huge fight to keep him. Again, I agree he has done a lot of great things for the Bolts (not just good). All of this was in the above post. I don't know how to write it any more simple than I did so you all don't warp it around to mean something different. Just like you have thoughts or opinions without answers, I do as well. Same flesh, bones, blood, organs bro. No one is better than another. Just friends that love our team in the best sport in the world, period & hands down.
I get it but we used to have no depth in are system and now we do with yzerman I think he put in a plan and you can see that plan coming now. stevie is no fool he knows the defense has to get better he will add something there in the summer. he drafted gudas signed sustr brought in matt carle this team was a total joke when yzerman took over it name one player we had in the minors that was any good ?