• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Thursday

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs...!!!

Broncos...!!!

Thursday Night Footballl...!!!

k, boys, what're we gonna see from BOTH sides...?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two very good defenses will be the story in this one. Whichever offense better establishes the run game will come out the winner, IMO. The cards are stacked against the Broncos, except for recent history. Arrowhead is going to be a brutal environment for my team. Nationally televised game, Chiefs coming off a big win, home opener, a bloodthirsty desire to beat the Broncos, division rivalry and the return of a "cancer free" Eric Berry. No doubt that place is gonna be rockin'. I hope the Broncos can withstand that early surge from the Chiefs and their fans and settle into a more balanced offense than we saw last week. Again, the edge rushers for both teams should end up being the story of the night. This should be an epic divisional rivalry game! Go Broncos!

MH64

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing Reid is going to avoid a head on confrontation whenever possible with the defense (he usually does anyways since coming here and in Philly, but that's here and there for now) with playaction, counters, and any and all misdirection he can throw at Denver. Essentially, an attempt to turn their aggressive style in on itself and a strength for KC- easier said than done. Kelce is, not Jamaal imo, the key to opening things up. Kelce is a very unique kind of athlete who can provide a matchup nightmare on nearly anyone 1 on 1; CB's are too small, and LB's are too slow. I highly doubt Phillips leaves Kelce alone, but we'll see. Kelce doesn't really disappear much (too gifted athletically) from what I have seen of him in gamepass, in person, etc when he's healthy, but he certainly can't tonight; and Smith needs to give him the ball whenever possible. Speaking of Phillips, Reid and Phillips have seen each other many, many times in their coaching careers. Should be fascinating to see how they approach each other in this meeting schematically. Maybe we get thrown a curveball and I am completely wrong? I like our skill positions a hell of a lot more than the Ravens, but this will not be a game that will have wins across the board like last week. (Maclin was winning his routes all day from what I have seen- could double check at some point, hopefully)

On defense, I am not quite sure what Sutton does specifically, my guess is he's going to sniff out Denver's interior O-line first when Poe is on the field (~42% of snaps last week) as geometrically, that's actually the fastest way to a QB if you can beat the line, especially an immobile QB. If it's successful at all, I wouldn't be all that shocked to see a lot of blitzes involving Derrick Johnson. I might go insane though if he puts so many DB's on the field he just invites the RB (insert name here) to near automatic 4.5 YPC's in between the 20's; that's what Denver would perfectly be happy doing with Kubiak at the helm. I am assuming the corners will be sitting on any and all short routes, there's no real reason not to given the last 6-7 games or so Manning has played; make him prove it all over again. Both CB's (Peters and Gaines) flash promise, they can't just flash to win this game. 2004 Manning isn't out there, but it's still Peyton Manning; Sanders has as flexible a route tree as there is in the NFL, so whoever is covering better be on their toes. I wonder how many true CB's they activate this week, it was 3 last Sunday.

On another note, it seems like an big, athletic receiving TE is one of the more frustrating mismatches, and I am wondering if it is maybe even the premier mismatch, across the league. Eifert, Gronk, and Kelce all had huge days. Marshall, Ward, etc are pretty good at what they do, it's just damn difficult to stop that kind of athlete in the middle of the field. Especially if you have to honor a RB like Hill or Charles in PA.

Hoping for a hard fought and injury free game... and of course, a Chiefs victory. :suds: