• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red-Blue, Preseason, and Non-Con Basketball

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your guys' starting 5 now that we've had a chance to see our players for the first time? Here's mine; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this is solely based off of my gut instincts and watching the red/blue game.

PG: PJC but I can easily see Kadeem being the starter too...
SG: Kadeem Allen (not 100% confident in this position who will start but Kadeem's my best guess. It's probably York but I just don't fully trust him as a starter)
SF: Tollefson
PF: Anderson
C: Zeus (my only given starting position).

I trust York as a starter, especially given that he is a SR, and has started more than anyone but Zeus.

PG: PJC
SG: York
SF: It's a fight between Smith and Tolly. Tolly looks like he can do it, but he might not be quick enough against 3-guard teams.
PF: Anderson
C: Zeus

We are extremely deep, even if we don't have a Stanley, or a Gordon as superstars. I think that Miller might have the same starting lineup, but I think he mixes rotations around the teams we play, because he can. He can run 3-guard line-ups when teams have that, and he can also go big if need be. So much, imo, will be dependent upon who we are playing.

I think Dusan is great on offense, but he is still shitty on defense, which will hurt his minutes. He'll play when their big can't score, and we need to get it inside. I don't know where Comanche fits into this. He might redshirt. Allen will get minutes, but probably behind Trier. Simon probably backs up PJC, but he might give York minutes at PG just to get Allen and Trier minutes. Pitts will play SF more imo, if he doesn't beat out Trier and Allen. Tolly will back up Anderson, but I see him also playing a little C if Dusan never gets his defense going, and some SF against bigger squads.

Our success this year will depend on us being able to go 10 deep with no drop off, and although our starting 5 won't be world-beaters, we could depend on chemistry of going 10 deep, of that chemistry develops.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ray Smith just tore both is ACL and MCL in the same knee. Looking like the SF role is now between Tolly and Pitts?

We've got a nice post, and a solid backcourt, but our wings are pretty shallow.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ray Smith just tore both is ACL and MCL in the same knee. Looking like the SF role is now between Tolly and Pitts?

We've got a nice post, and a solid backcourt, but our wings are pretty shallow.
I heard it was the other knee. Either way that sucks. Feel terrible for the kid. He's about to miss 2 years of basketball.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since he was a likely all American his senior year of Hs

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only caught the second half on the radio, and Brian Jeffries' postgame, but how did we look?

They were raving about Anderson. That's great to see. I'm stoked about him. 3 ball sucked, but York and Trier both still scored.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only caught the second half on the radio, and Brian Jeffries' postgame, but how did we look?

They were raving about Anderson. That's great to see. I'm stoked about him. 3 ball sucked, but York and Trier both still scored.
I didn't watch it but there's a replay of it on midnight on PAC networks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameday!

Don't expect the game to be super entertaining, but it'll be interesting to see all the new guys.

Also, the Gonzaga-Pittsburgh game will be interesting to keep an eye on since Gonzaga is one of 2 big non-con opponents this year. (The other being Mich St if both teams can get to the final of the Wooden Classic. Hoping the Spartans can get the win over Kansas on Tuesday)

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on starting 5

Allen
York
Tollefsen
Anderson
Zeus

I think that was the same for the exhibition

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on starting 5

Allen
York
Tollefsen
Anderson
Zeus

I think that was the same for the exhibition

What's awesome about this starting lineup is that it goes... Redshirt JR, SR, SR, SR, SR.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope our exhibition game isn't an indication of our three point game this season. That was supposed to be an improvement from last years team.