• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rebuilding...

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I think this is going to be an unpopular post, and maybe I'm just trying to find a way to stay positive, but here goes...

It was crazy of us to think, largely based on preseason results, that this was a team capable of contending. We didn't recognize this team for what it is so very obviously was - a rebuild. When a team replaces half of its starters in a single offseason, how can it be anything else?

This is an unprecedented situation in which a GM was given control of a back-to-back 10-6 football team that was deemed by its own head coach as incapable of advancing beyond a one-and-out playoff team. So, what to do? You could probably keep most of the fan base happy with minor tweaks, several winning season, and a playoff game or two. And, most would be happy. Or, you could identify where you think the foundation of the team is weak, tear it down, and start over. That would be a bold move…

I have hope (and some faith) that the ownership of this team will not succumb to the erratic whims of the fans to fire and cut everyone after a few bad games. It's funny to look at a lot of the posts on this board four weeks ago compared to today.

If you had faith in Chip to win with Reid’s team, why not let him build his own team? He has had one off-season, one draft, and one free agent period. A little patience would seem in order…

If you’re for firing Chip today – I do understand it, but stand by it. I want you to own up to it when he succeeds, whether it’s here or elsewhere…

This is a multi-year process of rebuilding this team. I think I’m going to support it. I was not a Chip guy when he was hired. But, I want to let him see this through.

Or, I suppose I could bitch and complain about how we should hire the next Jason Garrett, Jay Gruden, Mike McCory, Dan Quinn, blah, blah, blah, whoever….

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree with you entirely. I still have faith that chip is very smart, and thinks outside the box. I liked Gus Bradley, but look at how painfully slow the Jags rebuild is going. No thanks. Lurie is behind Chip - all in. Chip didn't proclaim that this was a SB year. No, many of the "so called" experts thought we would run rampage over the rest of the league, based upon he success in preseason. Now we're in a reality check. There are still holes to fill. I have confidence that the next offseason will fill those holes - several O-linemen; another pass rusher; a speed receiver; etc. We've only played 4 games, so by the end of this season, we'll know what holes need to be filled.

Good post, CSB!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, the team is going to be heading backwards before heading forwards. No QB, no O-line, shaky pass rushers and corners. That's a recipe for rebuilding.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really to this point already? We saw at the end of the Atlanta game that this offense can get humming. The defense looks pretty good in the limited amount I've seen (maybe half of what you guys have seen). In this division I think it may be a bit early for the R word.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be a complete rebuild, but like last offseason, he has to acquire several stud O-linemen, whether free agents, or the draft, it has to be top priority. I know this is preaching to the choir, and there aren't any good ones available during this season. I just hope that Ed M, and staff make the right recommendations to Chip. We can see that many high draft picks flop when they get into the NFL. Whether or not it was luck, we got the best one when we got Lane Johnson. Depending upon what happens with SB, we may have to draft a QB of the future with a high pick, and we don't have a 2nd round pick. Ouch! Maybe they can trade some players, and package other picks to move back into the 2nd round.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he better win.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that this a rebuild is just another pass for Kelly. He chose to let some productive players to sign
elsewhere. Kelly wants to win now! That is why he obtained Bradford and Murray. In order to win games he needs to motivate the offense to start
scoring in the 1st half.