• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasonable autos I'd (You'd) like to own

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the games and the Federer/Del Potro match but still can't help perusing cars for sale. I'm getting ready to sell the Wagoneer and love thinking about the possibilities. There doesn't seem to be a thread in here to just put something interesting or cool for no particular reason.

My office is only 3 miles from my house and doesn't have covered parking. So, I like looking at reasonably priced yet not so common cars for that small daily drive.

I always wanted a full sized convertible without it being all Boss Hogg n' shit. Love this car - too bad the black interior wouldn't work in the FL sun.

Mercury Monterey No Reserve | eBay

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that is nice, but not sure there are enough gas stations between my house and work to get me there each day :)

Even though I swear I will never own a bowtie product, I have always loved these (when they are done up right)

Chevrolet El Camino 2 Door Truck Car | eBay

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost bought one of those old amphibious cars once and regret not buying it. There's a company in Cali that's been reproducing all the parts for it for awhile. They're a small car w/4 cyl eng and you can drive it around town all week, then drive right into the lake on the weekend and go fishing from the driver's seat. Can't pull a skier, but it motors around the lake pretty well. Back home in Oregon, I was camping along the Willamette River and woke up in the morning to some guy across the river driving one down his back yard into the river. He went down river a short ways, then turned and motored right back against the current back up and drove back up into his yard. Coolest thing I'd ever seen.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I like the one below. But I'm on saltwater and the thing would be ruined in months. Would be fun on a resort lake or sumpin.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fiat Multipla. :wtf:

Then:
fiat005.jpg

Now:
i-56.jpg

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford Fairlane any year.

And then this right here is something you should look at Juice. And it is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Pontiac GTO GTP | eBay

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I like that. I also like Cougar convertibles of that vintage.

Since I use this car as a daily driver for the tiny commute to work each day, I try not to go too old or precious. Some of those Fairlanes from the 50s are just way too awesome.

This one might work: Ford Fairlane 500 | eBay

The retractable hardtops are the shit! Ford Fairlane Skyliner | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Whoa...upon further inspection, that GTO is perrrfect. Looks like he wants $34k though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn Ford...you gave me a great idea. I was looking at Rancheros (since I'll never buy another GM) for sale on Ebay and see they had a "country squire" model with wood panelling. Saaweet!

Ford Ranchero Squire | eBay

this one has a 460 in it - the Ranchero Tasca:
Ford Ranchero GT 460 Tasca | eBay

Hot damn, that is a sweet looking car. With a 460 in it you would need to add a 2" steel plate to the bed to keep the wheels connected to the ground though. :laugh3:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, wow. $60k is a bit much for my daily driver but who wouldn't rather drive THAT than a new Lexus or sumpin? That's way better than a Quattroporte I was looking at for the same price.

Those were the best years for Chevelles...when it was more like a sedan and less like a muscle car. Sa-weet!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, wow. $60k is a bit much for my daily driver but who wouldn't rather drive THAT than a new Lexus or sumpin? That's way better than a Quattroporte I was looking at for the same price.

Those were the best years for Chevelles...when it was more like a sedan and less like a muscle car. Sa-weet!

I have to pay more because I do not know a damn thing about fixing cars. so I have to buy one restored.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bought a '68 Chevelle from the state surplus auction for $595.00 back in the mid-'70s. It was a 4dr w/250ci engine and was probably the slowest car I ever owned. The interior was also very cheap looking and I couldn't resell it fast enough. You couldn't give me another one. My '73 Vega was more impressive. :rollseyes:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I bet those are common candidates for "restomods" like the one linked because they had shitty interiors and such - no shame in not restoring it back to original. You know THAT one isn't slow with a new 502 in it. I had a boat with 2 of those in and they are torque monsters.

Look at the custom kick panels with speakers molded in ... and how the seats let you see the floor so it looks so spacious. Damn, that is so nice.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to pay more because I do not know a damn thing about fixing cars. so I have to buy one restored.

Yikes, I'd avoid one then unless it has been fully updated. I'm talking a front end clip to update steering/brakes/suspension, EFI, disc's all the way around, etc. Those old cars require constant maintenance. I'm not updating a lot of mine to current standards, but I've ditched the points at least! The Carb will be a beating enough without messing with setting points.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at it, the more I think I could live with one of these as a daily driver for my little 3 mile cruise to the office. This one is way overpriced, but I could work on that. This classics dealer has A LOT of great stuff:
Lash Auto Sales: 1965 Mercury Monterey - Lakeland, FL

I almost think I'd rather buy one in average condition for $5k and spend 15k redoing everything and rebuilding the engine and replacing all the mechanicals. Maybe not but it seems you end up having to do all the little stuff anyway for a car in great condition.