• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really interesting video about Suh...

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article, and it pretty much repeats everything I have said regarding the 2 DTs stat wise. The only reason I can honestly believe that McCoy might be a better DT than Suh, is his technique. Suh played in a contain position where he took up blockers, and then reacted, where McCoy just used his abilitiy to penetrate.

But I will go back to a previous comparison I made in the past, McCoy is a watered down Tommie Harris, who is weak against the run, and doesn't make many play in the backfield. Where Suh is closer to somebody like Kevin Williams (Minnesota), or Richard Seymour (Oakland). Like Williams, next to a big body run stuffer, he can contain or rush the passer in a 4-3. Like Seymour, he can line up as a DE (a strong DE in a 3-4), and do the same thing.

McCoy can't do these things, he will flop in the NFL IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Epic, wouldn't it have been fun to be the recipient of Suh's tackle?

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
holy shit he fucking killed the dummy

"is flat out faster then tony romo"

haha

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah but how many INT's does McCoy have? Let alone INT's for TD's. And I would say Suh is much better cause he recognizes things and drops back to pass coverage, has game plans to stop just him, which didn't work so well with Crick there and the other D guys stopping the run. Heck they said it to McCoy 3 years to do what Suh did last year. When they compared D stats last year they would compare an entire teams D stats against Neb. two ways by mid season, against Suh and against the whole Neb. D. And Suh's stats held up pretty well against other teams whole D's, even against the good teams. For my money Suh is heads and tails above McCoy.

One other reason he is above McCoy and has a Much better upside is that Suh had a crappy coaching staff for the 1st two years when he should have been learning college level D and had to wait until his last two years to have a good coach that knew D and how to teach it and coach it.
McCoy was on a decent team the whole time. He had good coaching the whole time and has less to learn so he already closer to his potential than Suh.

If Suh would have had Bo here from the git go we might have lost him after his Soph. year to the pros and I think he would have been as good or better than last year.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he could have had a better scenario. Based on his college career, he has accomplished more than any other DT in history. I would say that things worked out just perfect, had they gone any other way, he would not be where he is.

I agree he would have been more productive early (along with anyone else on the defense), but what he went through made him the player he is now...which he might not have turned into any other way.