• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rays at Mariners: May 12th - May 14th

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney gets paid $7M to get 3 outs 35-45 times per year. For me he has not been worth the money especially for a team with a tight budget.

I can agree with that. He's not worth $7 mill, especially for the M's.

A closer is a luxury, and the M's have no room for luxuries.

As for Miller, you might get your wish with Franklin coming up soon. They've started him at SS down there a few more times, and he's looking better. He has a big boy ops down there right now, too. We already knew he could hit minor league pitching well, but he's really excelling now.

The Almonte dismissal came out of nowhere after McClendon kept harping about patience, so could happen to Miller soon, too.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney gets paid $7M to get 3 outs 35-45 times per year. For me he has not been worth the money especially for a team with a tight budget.

Miller's olay defense didn't help him on the 2nd run either. His range is sad and his persistence to side saddle all liners won't work on the MLB level.

Luckily today they found a new way to lose by walking in the winning run and wild pitching in the insurance run.

See that I can definitely agree with. We would be better off giving Farquhar the closer job and using that 7 mil on a bat.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Miller, you might get your wish with Franklin coming up soon. They've started him at SS down there a few more times, and he's looking better. He has a big boy ops down there right now, too. We already knew he could hit minor league pitching well, but he's really excelling now.

The Almonte dismissal came out of nowhere after McClendon kept harping about patience, so could happen to Miller soon, too.

The thing about the Miller/Franklin argument before was, you could say that Miller could probably stay at SS. That's not the case anymore. They're both probably 2B playing SS when it's all said and done. Franklin is hitting so much better that you have to give him a shot.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say send down Gillespie and bring up Franklin to platoon miller. You could also use Franklin to give Seager a day off or Cano/Hart a day off as well. I mean I like Willie Bloomquist and all, but Franklin could be our Willie off the bench and actually have a future with the team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Miller/Franklin argument before was, you could say that Miller could probably stay at SS. That's not the case anymore. They're both probably 2B playing SS when it's all said and done. Franklin is hitting so much better that you have to give him a shot.

Ugh this is seriously a no win situation for the team. Realistically Miller has to go to Tacoma. Watching him boot balls and swing wildly isnt helping anyone including the player. There are slumps and there is simply being over matched. I think you keep Miller up any longer you risk serious confidence issues if they arent already there.

With Franklin, I know there is no upgrade if not a down grade defensively. I dont really care what AVG in Tacoma is, that means nothing to me. I know what I have seen of him hitting at big leagues and its nothing special, so he may just be another AAAA player which is Mariner specialty.

I personally would rather see Taylor then both of those guys but I dont think they would go that route.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say send down Gillespie and bring up Franklin to platoon miller. You could also use Franklin to give Seager a day off or Cano/Hart a day off as well. I mean I like Willie Bloomquist and all, but Franklin could be our Willie off the bench and actually have a future with the team.

I wasn't really thinking Franklin up for Gillespie, but that does make sense. But I would still like to see Miller go down so he can play everyday and get it figured out. He has hit at every level including in the majors last year so we know he has it. He just needs to re-find it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Franklin at SS has never been my wish, but not sure what next option would be at the moment. Where is Ryan when you need him? I would take him over this version of Miller.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I attended the game that Iwakuma pitched. Robinson Cano was in the on-deck circle and he was looking out into the crowd. I nodded at him and he nodded back at me. It was pretty awesome.