• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking uniforms by conference

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don't see what's so great about it.

New-Rutgers-Jerseys1-570x427.jpeg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a direct relationship between constant uniform changes and national titles.

Teams that usually don't make changes (except small minor ones):
ALABAMA
USC
OHIO STATE
OKLAHOMA
TEXAS
MICHIGAN
NEBRASKA
LSU
NOTRE DAME (maybe more than the others)

All of them have played for at least one title in the last 15 years.

Leave the constant uniform changes for the empty trophy case schools.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC

SEC

OP is ghey...

:lame:

for me personally. i think tcu, lsu, clemson & NW do a really good job with the purple. but with wash. they just dont look good in purple

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me personally. i think tcu, lsu, clemson & NW do a really good job with the purple. but with wash. they just dont look good in purple

Thats fine. But he said purple is ghey.

If purple is ghey why rank anyone with purple high? Someone who isn't ghey wouldn't.

That being said our uniforms are the best in the world!!!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a traditionalist. Give me the gold helmets, purple shirts and gold pants. Leave that other crap for those who care more about the package than the gift.
I liked the older UW uniforms better.

Incidentally, when I lived up there, I used to wear my UNA cap out and about, and folks would ask me if I was a UW fan. Looked like this (colors are right, but it had only the gold outline of a lion and no "UNA"):
thumb.aspx

Was also nearly accosted by a fellow Bama fan in Maryland, because he mistook it for an LSU cap. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have great colors: Red, black and gold (alternate)
SDSU just has shit designs. I liked our airbrushed helmets from 10 years ago. I guess we were a decade too soon with TCU and the Cuse sporting that look now.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best unis of all-time: Hawai'i during the June Jones era with the tribal band on the pants and jerseys.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine. But he said purple is ghey.

If purple is ghey why rank anyone with purple high? Someone who isn't ghey wouldn't.

That being said our uniforms are the best in the world!!!

purple looks good with yellow black, & white

the gold color that wash. uses just isnt a good match

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
purple looks good with yellow black, & white

the gold color that wash. uses just isnt a good match

I think you may be color blind.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a direct relationship between constant uniform changes and national titles.

Teams that usually don't make changes (except small minor ones):
ALABAMA
USC
OHIO STATE
OKLAHOMA
TEXAS
MICHIGAN
NEBRASKA
LSU
NOTRE DAME (maybe more than the others)

All of them have played for at least one title in the last 15 years.

Leave the constant uniform changes for the empty trophy case schools.

Ouch... :omg::lol:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be color blind.

no i think you are. the fact that im not the only poster on this thread whose said this kinda reaffirms it.

i think purple on a uni is awesome, but Washington shade of gold coupled with the gold helmets & pants just doesnt look good.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC
1. clemson
2. miami
3. syracuse-the orange helmet is slick, and i think the new blue UNI's are among the better UNI's to have come out recently
4. virginia
5. nc state
6. pitt
7. duke
8. louisville
9. BC
10. gtech
11. wake
12. vtech- ive just never been a fan of their UNI's especially the shoulderpads
13. FSU- i hate the color combination, the helmet design, and the tomahawks
14. unc- i hate them when they do white on blue, but when they do black on blue its 10x worse. im not anti american, but the american flag uni's were horrible.

big 10
1. michigan- they have the most iconic helmet. if they ever go back to what they were wearing last season im droping them at least 7 spots
2. PSU- they keep it clean & simple
3. OSU- i know my fellow UM fans bash the stickers, i hate coaches that hand out stickers, ive never agreed with that type of coaching style. however they do look awesome on a helmet
4. iowa- they have that steelers look
5. rutgers- the chrome helmets are pretty awesome
6. MSU
7. nebraska
8. wisconsin
9. purdue
10. minn
11. illinois- the dark black helmets look cool, however im not a fan of the block I. i liked having illinois written out a lot better
12. northwestern- last year id put them in my top 3. when they wear black with the purple it looks cool, however im not digging the new strap around the ribcage design
13. IU- this is more so because im not a big fan of their logo
14. maryland- i dont think this needs an explanation

SEC
1. florida- awesome color combination, the "gators" on the side is awesome
2. vandy- im a big fan of the black & gold
3. georgia- the G is pretty cool, the colors go great with each other
4. LSU- i like this color combination
5. alabama
6. auburn
7. arkansas
8. tenn- normally id have them higher, i like their logo, but the grey UNI's they pulled against uga demotes them a few spots
9. Mizz- the helmet is awesome, the rest of the uni not so much
10. UK
11. aggie
12. ole miss
13. MSU
14. south carolina- i just dont like the white helmet

pac12
1. oregon- haters gonna hate, but i think their uni's are awesome
2. colorado- the black & gold looks awesome & they have an awesome logo with the gold helmets.
3. UCLA- i love the light blue
4. the "cal" is pretty cool. & i like the blue & yellow
5. USC
6. stanford
7. arizona
8. ASU- they would be a lot higher however im not a big fan of their logo
9. washington- they are not as good with the purple look as the way TCU, NW & LSU do
10. utah- the logo is cool, and the red & white facmasks look good. but they should stay away from wearing full red.
11. osu- of their 3 new UNI designs. 2 are terrible, the all orange version looks pretty cool
12. WSU- i hate the logo, i hate their new uni's, last year's were a lot better, but they would of been #12 on my list

big 12
1. OSU- their shade of orange is awesome. when they wear full orange it looks awesome (clemson & syracuse look terrible when they do that) the black/orange & full black look awesome as well
2. TCU- they pull of the purple very nicely, however they should keep the helmet & shirt as purple as possible like NW.
3. KSU- i like the logo & color combination
4. OU
5. ISU- i like them. the color combination is good, the shoulder pad double strip is cool
6. KU
7. WVU- pretty awesome color combination. good logo as well (they would be higher last year if not for the grey they added to it)
8. tech- i like the all black with a little bit of red (they would be higher last year if not for those star UNI's)
9. texas- the numbers are awful. last year they would of been in my top 3
10. baylor- i hate the color combnation

:lame:They are the same as last year so as that South Park counselor would say Mmmkay.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i think you are. the fact that im not the only poster on this thread whose said this kinda reaffirms it.

i think purple on a uni is awesome, but Washington shade of gold coupled with the gold helmets & pants just doesnt look good.

I'm not going to go back and read through this thread so I could be wrong, but I'd bet that those other posters that make you not the only one are Oregon fans...

And the Washington shade of gold is called "gold."

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to go back and read through this thread so I could be wrong, but I'd bet that those other posters that make you not the only one are Oregon fans...

And the Washington shade of gold is called "gold."

i looked it up on wikipedia and it said there that the color is gold. if thats not its official color i do apologize. however that still doesnt change the fact that it doesnt look very good with purple

and proof that oregon fans & myself are not the only one that thinks this........

Power To the Purple: Ranking College Football's Most Vicious in Violet | Bleacher Report
of the 7 FBS schools that wear purple they ranked wash 6th.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC I have to agree with this list done by BR.

ACC Football: Ranking the Best Uniforms | Bleacher Report

Add in Cuse and Pitt anywhere.

And for John who does not like our color combination. Too bad it is still better than UF colors which Cuse is really close to having. Just a different shade of blue.

about florida:
i wonder if thats a case of the chicken or the egg.....

who came up with that unifrom color scheme first :noidea:

as for FSU:
its not really the bad color combination that gets me.....its the insanely stupid helmet design

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC

1. Alabama - tradition, looks awesome and because Alabama has been winning a lot recently, the uniforms just look good on the big stage.

2. Auburn - the coloring is nice and fits together. I like the white helmets and they seem to stay pretty simple. Classic look works in the SEC.

3. Florida - Although the colors are bit 80s, I like Florida's uniforms, Don't like the all orange or orange tops. Blue tops, white bottoms or vice versa is Floridas best combo, the all white is pretty good too.

4. LSU - Just like the look.

5. Georgia - Would be soooo much better IMO, if they just ditched the dog bones pride stickers. I know this is a huge tradition at UGA, but I don't like it and think the uniforms would be better without them. But overall great combo of colors, silver, black and red is badass.

6. Tennessee - Classic look, although the orange can be a bit much, it works for Tennessee.

7. South Carolina - Good uniform, good look, just a little too many stripes.

8. Texas A&M - Would be higher, but those stripes on their shoulder pads are brutally ugly. Drop those stripes and TAMU has a real nice uniform.

9. Ole Miss - Good uniforms, ugly ass helmet. I don't know what else Ole Miss can do with their helmets, but drop the Ole Miss from it. Maybe have Rebels in script on it similar to Gators on Florida's?

10. Kentucky - Honestly, don't really know what UK unis look like these days as it seems like they change it more often than Oregon does. But I do know whatever it is it is better than the rest of the SEC uniforms.

11. Miss. State - Boring

12. Arkansas - Odd uniforms, the pride stickers make it worse. the hog is too small on their helmets. seems Arky is between wanting to be traditional and wanting to be new edge.

13. Vanderbilt - Drop the look of the helmet and Vandy could look decent, oh and its just Vanderbilt. ugh

14. Missouri - God AWFUL. Stick with the old look Mizzou. Not only are they the new cellar of the SEC, they simply do not belong by both their playing style and strength to their uniforms. Just bad.

I really like Colonel Reb on the helmets of Ole MIss. Back in the day when Archie was playing. That was cool to see on there helmets. I think they should bring that back for a game or two!