• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs Seattle Series: Welcome espn transfers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't figure out this team. But there is several relief pitchers they are going to ruin. Thank God Soria should be ready for Astros. They better have some pretty good leads in this series.

They're going to have to ease off of them. I've been hard on Frasor but its time to give him the ball more. Soria should help as well.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was pulled too early IMO. He gave up weak singles...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was pulled too early IMO. He gave up weak singles...

Agreed. Wash is going to quit with his quick hook or he's going to ruin his bullpen.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am going to troll like crazy until I get banned on ESPN. Would be a nice send off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he hasn't but it seems like Cotts aside from the off days has pitched everyday for 2 weeks

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice night out at The Ballpark tonight. Perez bent often but never really broke. Lots of seeing-eye singles and a few walks had him scuffling quite a bit, and it wasn't always pretty, but he gets full marks for getting out unscathed and keeping the Rangers in the game long enough to finally get to Iwakuma. It was a really gritty and gutty performance. Other things I noticed:

- Engel Beltre is fast. Really fast. Maybe it was just because I was sitting right on the 3B line, and seeing action up close and live always make it seem faster, but Beltre flew down that line on the tag up on Andrus' shallow fly to left.

- The bullpen is definitely over-worked. Tonight was Cotts' turn to run out of gas. He didn't even remotely resemble his dominant form. We've now seen the entire shut-down trio of Ross, Scheppers, and Cotts each have a really forgettable inning over this last week. Hopefully the addition of Soria and the All-Star break helps. Also think they should lean on Frasor a bit more. A bullpen of Frasor-Soria-Cotts-Ross-Scheppers-Nathan is scary good as long as they can all remain healthy and rested.

- Kyle Seager for whatever reason transforms from a very solid player into a Gold Glove/Silver Slugger All-Star when he plays against the Rangers, especially at The Ballpark.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice night out at The Ballpark tonight. Perez bent often but never really broke. Lots of seeing-eye singles and a few walks had him scuffling quite a bit, and it wasn't always pretty, but he gets full marks for getting out unscathed and keeping the Rangers in the game long enough to finally get to Iwakuma. It was a really gritty and gutty performance. Other things I noticed:

- Engel Beltre is fast. Really fast. Maybe it was just because I was sitting right on the 3B line, and seeing action up close and live always make it seem faster, but Beltre flew down that line on the tag up on Andrus' shallow fly to left.

- The bullpen is definitely over-worked. Tonight was Cotts' turn to run out of gas. He didn't even remotely resemble his dominant form. We've now seen the entire shut-down trio of Ross, Scheppers, and Cotts each have a really forgettable inning over this last week. Hopefully the addition of Soria and the All-Star break helps. Also think they should lean on Frasor a bit more. A bullpen of Frasor-Soria-Cotts-Ross-Scheppers-Nathan is scary good as long as they can all remain healthy and rested.

- Kyle Seager for whatever reason transforms from a very solid player into a Gold Glove/Silver Slugger All-Star when he plays against the Rangers, especially at The Ballpark.

Beltre gets a lot of props as being the Rangers organization's best defensive OFer, which means if he's better than Gentry, he's REALLY good

While he obviously doesn't have HR power, the ball, so far seems to really jump off his bat in the form of line drives

I've always been kind of skeptical about Beltre but had only scouting reports to read, but now that I've seen him play, I'm impressed, hopefully there is more to come

Djones2109

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig is hitting like .500 and getting on list of months as good as joe DiMaggio, profar is hitting 13 points higher than Elvis,,,,big difference....

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to use Wolf and Lindblom correctly. Don't bring them in for one stinking inning if they pitch well in that inning. These two have earned and deserve a little more trust. More that Grimm for sure and possibly Tepesch. If we have them come in to a game in the 5th or 6th and they are locked in leave them in the game for a few innings and save our bullpen. Ther are NOT one inning pitchers. Quit being a stinking robot night after night RW. Try and do some real managing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to use Wolf and Lindblom correctly. Don't bring them in for one stinking inning if they pitch well in that inning. These two have earned and deserve a little more trust. More that Grimm for sure and possibly Tepesch. If we have them come in to a game in the 5th or 6th and they are locked in leave them in the game for a few innings and save our bullpen. Ther are NOT one inning pitchers. Quit being a stinking robot night after night RW. Try and do some real managing.

Asking wash to be intelligent is like asking a monkey to drive a car.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beltre gets a lot of props as being the Rangers organization's best defensive OFer, which means if he's better than Gentry, he's REALLY good

While he obviously doesn't have HR power, the ball, so far seems to really jump off his bat in the form of line drives

I've always been kind of skeptical about Beltre but had only scouting reports to read, but now that I've seen him play, I'm impressed, hopefully there is more to come

Would love seeing Beltre out there every night but when Wash as recent as yesterday starts Murphy in #2 spot what expectation is there to see Beltre routinely? The way Wash manages (as we saw last year with MY) is he'll sit Martin in order for Beltre to get a start.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers having to walk a tightrope every night on every Pitch, talk about High Stress pitches, all 171 last night! Wash's Heart, will it last?? Will ours ?
As far Murphy moving to #2 hole, he was 5 for 10 against Iwakiwa before game., playing the Odds.
Elgen B, Wash is spot using him, doesn't want to overexpose, let them make a Book on him. Got to Earn the Trust of Wash.
Wash is playing the Hand he was Dealt, Rookie pitchers, A gutted Offense, .239 BA, SP that never Finishs, too many Pitches, Cause & Effect, Over worked & Fagtiued BP, Too many Errors, Missplays, ALLWAYS playing catchup, from behind, hard to be optomistic when traling, hard to get the seed of Mo going and growing.

Hanging by a thread, do the Rangers have enough Stamina to hang on ? Will re-enforcements arrive in Time to shore up the Pitching, trades, DL
Can the Rangers Hit enough, ?

Wee, what rollercoaster !

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love seeing Beltre out there every night but when Wash as recent as yesterday starts Murphy in #2 spot what expectation is there to see Beltre routinely? The way Wash manages (as we saw last year with MY) is he'll sit Martin in order for Beltre to get a start.

Its a HOPE, hence the word HOPEfully, not an expectation