• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs Seattle Series: Welcome espn transfers.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its a HOPE, hence the word HOPEfully, not an expectation

We don't have control of the outcome or the decision so ... "it is a HOPE" ... is probably pretty accurate that we can only hope we see more E.Beltre and Martin on the field together... alongside Cruz.

Unfortunately, while we may see them in the OF together ... Cruz just as likely will be DH and Murphy will still be in LF. Does Murphy putting up a HR every week or two justify him getting the starts? I don't think so ... I'd rather see Beltre playing every day.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have control of the outcome or the decision so ... "it is a HOPE" ... is probably pretty accurate that we can only hope we see more E.Beltre and Martin on the field together... alongside Cruz.

Unfortunately, while we may see them in the OF together ... Cruz just as likely will be DH and Murphy will still be in LF. Does Murphy putting up a HR every week or two justify him getting the starts? I don't think so ... I'd rather see Beltre playing every day.

I don't really see the point you're trying to make here, I want Beltre in there more as well, I don't expect it to happen, due to the Wash mentality, but I sure hope it would, and that's all I can do

If Cruz DHs, then it Berkman losing ABs in that scenario, not Beltre

Would you rather see Berkman in the field than Murphy?

Martin/Beltre/Cruz OF deserves a chance for sure at this point, but that still leaves Murphy and Berkman vying for wasted ABs

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't really see the point you're trying to make here, I want Beltre in there more as well, I don't expect it to happen, due to the Wash mentality, but I sure hope it would, and that's all I can do

If Cruz DHs, then it Berkman losing ABs in that scenario, not Beltre

Would you rather see Berkman in the field than Murphy?

Martin/Beltre/Cruz OF deserves a chance for sure at this point, but that still leaves Murphy and Berkman vying for wasted ABs

You have it right. the M-B-C OF deserves a chance ... but still leaves DM & LB vying for wasted ABs ... unless you go real wild and use Soto (or Chirinos) to DH. Everything affects everything.

We are basically screwed. Pacing back and forth waiting for Baker and Gentry to return doesn't change that hole. Nor does Manny.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
You have it right. the M-B-C OF deserves a chance ... but still leaves DM & LB vying for wasted ABs ... unless you go real wild and use Soto (or Chirinos) to DH. Everything affects everything.

We are basically screwed. Pacing back and forth waiting for Baker and Gentry to return doesn't change that hole. Nor does Manny.

boy, total different postings from what was coming out in the off-season when everyone seemed to think that Murphy and Berkman were the answer to losing Napoli and Hamilton

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
boy, total different postings from what was coming out in the off-season when everyone seemed to think that Murphy and Berkman were the answer to losing Napoli and Hamilton

I thought Berkman and AJ were good acquisitions to replace the 2012 output from Napoli and Hamilton. For several years I've thought Murphy was no more than a replacement value #4. He's not even performed to that level in 2013.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well obviously Hamilton would not be of any help if he was here either. Napoli had a chance to sign a 3 year 39 mill contract at the end of the previous year and turned it down.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been a fan of Murphy but if he is gone after this year and keeps tanking like he is now you might as well see what we have in our future with Engel.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been a fan of Murphy but if he is gone after this year and keeps tanking like he is now you might as well see what we have in our future with Engel.
True we need to find out what E. Beltre has.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Berkman and AJ were good acquisitions to replace the 2012 output from Napoli and Hamilton. For several years I've thought Murphy was no more than a replacement value #4. He's not even performed to that level in 2013.

don't have an argument with your point, I was just noting how things have changed since ST. the main comments were: we don't need Hamilton, we've got Murphy, Cruz and Martin/Gentry

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepesch needs to step it up tonight and give the bp a break.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is very aggressive hitter. He is ready to swing at everything. Does a good job overall.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right Cruz. Can't believe Harrell grooved that 2 strike pitch.