• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs O's

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe since Baltimore hasn't seen Ranger Rookie pitchers enough, (Grimm, Perez), just maybe they can sneak by.? Hope, Hope :hope:

Speaking of Grimm and Tepesch...Can we get some inconsistency from them? Like a game where they only give up 2ERs (well Tepesch did give us that 1ER game in ST Louis) or less. Because their consistency is giving up 4-6 ERs a game. We can't keep that up and expect to be contenders.

If they could consistently hold teams to 3-4 runs through about 7 innings each time that would be great from your #5 starter, but they're not able to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Perez pitches as scheduled tomorrow. Wednesday is the ? mark day. Hoping they are keeping a done deal for veteran pitcher secret and have that pitcher X on the mound on Wednesday.

We do start tonight correct? It should be Holland to start the series, I thought...anyway.

a new pitcher by Wed? I doubt we see that, but what a nice surprise from JD that would be

to Jon Daniels....."HELP!"

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget we have Soria in the BP now, so maybe Schep can get some rest.

that's what worries me about pulling Wolf out of the pen to start, we absolutely cannot afford another piece out of the pen. (an effective piece at that)

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling it's only a matter of time before we see Schep going to the DL?

Hope not. I think he is trying too hard at times and keeping it simple is how he did well. In the SEA and Houston series the BP did us no favors. Ross and Schep blew a couple of games for us. I could be the other teams are doing some good scouting of our BP and have Ross and Schep figured out. Probably not the case fully since both pitchers have been giving up more walks than usual.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Davis is nowhere near the pace needed to set the strikeout record, he's on pace for 180, which is high, but still about 40+ short of Mark Reynolds' record of 223

The (on-pace) for 47 doubles and 66 walks is pretty nice as well, in addition to the 60 HRs and 155 RBIs

Davis is doing something that has never been seen before. Still think the number of strikeouts is very alarming. Also remains to see if He contunues at that same pace to get his 60 Homers, 47 Doubles, 66 Walks and 155 RBI's. I expect that too slow a little in the second half.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about Lindblom. But, Wednesday is a mystery and could be very interesting or not.

Lindblom is already up. He pitched a few innings this week and weekend so may not be available to start.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could consistently hold teams to 3-4 runs through about 7 innings each time that would be great from your #5 starter, but they're not able to do that.

I am impressed with Perez as you have noted in the past. He did great against St Louis, I said fine, good. He did great against the Reds, I said good, good. He pitched great against SEA with 0 ERs but got a ND. He is the only good consistent rookie so far. I say so far because Tepesch and Grimm both had a great April. I am cautiously optimistic with Perez. I hope he keeps up the good work.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks, at least he's up. If he can't start, then it's gotta be Wolf

What we might see is a split. We might see Lindblom or Wolf start for 4 innings and then the other picks up for 2-3 innings until we get to the set up guys. If we have a rain out on any given day and a double header, I think we are up the creek and will have to dip down to AAA RR (not many options left down there) for one of the potential Double Header games. Let us pray for good weather.

thackattack051

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the record will be for this trip? I am saying 4-3 or 5-2 and the 5-2 is being optimistic.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is doing something that has never been seen before. Still think the number of strikeouts is very alarming. Also remains to see if He contunues at that same pace to get his 60 Homers, 47 Doubles, 66 Walks and 155 RBI's. I expect that too slow a little in the second half.

Its completely in line with his career numbers, so not really alarming, more like to be expected

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the record will be for this trip? I am saying 4-3 or 5-2 and the 5-2 is being optimistic.

We get Fister, Scherzer, Verlander, and Tillman. I think 4-3 I'm thrilled with, 3-4 isn't the end of the world.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL not going to make a prediction. When were on that losing streak I predicted out A's/Cards series would yeild us a 2-5 record. I was happily dead wrong:) We went 6-1!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL not going to make a prediction. When were on that losing streak I predicted out A's/Cards series would yeild us a 2-5 record. I was happily dead wrong:) We went 6-1!

Sounds to me like you need to predict a 2-5 road trip :boink: