• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers try to Progress to .500 ball in Cleveland.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Rangers! Would be nice to get a rare series win vs the Indians.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These notes were from Jamey Newberg's last report.

Matt Harrison threw four scoreless innings in an extended spring training game yesterday, maintaining his velocity throughout, and his next start on Thursday could be his final tuneup in Surprise before a rehab assignment in Frisco. Buster Olney (ESPN) suggests “the expectation now is that [Harrison] could be back [with Texas] by the end of June.”

Martin Perez — who is slated to make his first extended spring appearance on June 5 — could be back in Arlington sometime in July, along with Derek Holland, who will begin a throwing program within the week and could be on a mound in three weeks, assuming the next MRI is lit green.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can just maintain a .500 record over the next 4-6 weeks I like our chances in the 2nd half of the season. May not be able to catch Houston with that, but one of the wild cards isn't out of the question.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister: Delino DeShields wont be pushed to bench with Josh Hamiltons arrival | | Dallas Morning News

“We’re going to continue to have Delino engaged, as long as he’s playing well, in as many games as we can,” Banister said.

Banister said using DeShields at second base, his position with Houston’s minor-league system in 2011-13, is not an appealing option at this time.

“I’ve asked a lot of Delino in a very short period,” Banister said. “He’s responded well to it. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.”

DeShields said it probably would take him several games to get full re-acquainted with second base. He is willing to play the position if the alternative is sitting.

“I’ll do anything I can to play and help this team,” said DeShields, who had 71 errors in 346 minor-league games at second.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know DD has played 2B poorly in the past, but he also did a lot of other things poorly in the past that he has improved on. Could playing 2B be just another area of vast improvement for him? Maybe his increased maturity will cause him to play 2B better as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know DD has played 2B poorly in the past, but he also did a lot of other things poorly in the past that he has improved on. Could playing 2B be just another area of vast improvement for him? Maybe his increased maturity will cause him to play 2B better as well.
Could be. Worth a try.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers minor-league report | | Dallas Morning News

Worth noting from the Texas Rangers minor-league system on Sunday:

TRIPLE-A ROUND ROCK (27-15) got five scoreless from the bullpen in a doubleheader sweep of Albuquerque (Colorado.) RHP Jon Edwards closed the 5-4 win in the opener with his 14th consecutive scoreless appearance. He has 15 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings in that span. RHP Spencer Patton finished the 3-0 win in the second game. He has been scored on only once in 12 appearances.

DOUBLE-A FRISCO (16-26) had four pitchers combined on a two-hitter in a 2-0 win against San Antonio (San Diego.) LHP Frank Lopez continued to throw strikes in his Texas League debut, allowing one walk in 6 1/3 innings. For the season, Lopez has allowed nine walks in 49 innings.

The Lopez kid has really caught my attention this year. Gerry Fraley did not do him justice in that piece. He only gave up 2 hits and struck out 5. It only took him 75 pitches to get through those 6.1 innings.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, that Bill Frain is a beating. Why do you even bother posting there, Benny?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe someone was wondering yesterday if Klein had traveled on ahead of the team to Cleveland and I read this morning that he did.

Right-hander Phil Klein, who will start the series opener against Cleveland, travelled ahead of the team so that he could get a full night’s rest. The Rangers were scheduled to reach their downtown hotel at about 2:30 a.m. EDT.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, that Bill Frain is a beating. Why do you even bother posting there, Benny?

HaHa. Guys like that don't bother me as much as guess. He is a beating at times. I'm sure I'm a beating to folks at times as well though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder had three hits and drove in two runs, raising his average to an American League-high .358. He has hit .415 in the last 13 games to pass Seattle’s Nelson Cruz for the top spot.

The leadership came as news to Fielder, who insisted he does not review the stat sheets. He did not want to even consider the possibility of competing for a batting title.

“You guys can do that for me,” Fielder said.

Fielder hit a career-high .313 with Detroit in 2012. That is his only .300 performance in eight full major-league seasons.

“You’re only as good as the pitches you swing at,” Fielder said. “I’m trying to get good pitches. That’s the way to hit.”

Prince Fielder, ALs average leader, wants no part of batting title conversation | | Dallas Morning News

What an impressive season Prince is having thus far. The average has been great, the power seems to be coming back, but the most impressive thing to me has been the mature way he has handled the 1B/DH issue.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder had three hits and drove in two runs, raising his average to an American League-high .358. He has hit .415 in the last 13 games to pass Seattle’s Nelson Cruz for the top spot.

The leadership came as news to Fielder, who insisted he does not review the stat sheets. He did not want to even consider the possibility of competing for a batting title.

“You guys can do that for me,” Fielder said.

Fielder hit a career-high .313 with Detroit in 2012. That is his only .300 performance in eight full major-league seasons.

“You’re only as good as the pitches you swing at,” Fielder said. “I’m trying to get good pitches. That’s the way to hit.”

Prince Fielder, ALs average leader, wants no part of batting title conversation | | Dallas Morning News

What an impressive season Prince is having thus far. The average has been great, the power seems to be coming back, but the most impressive thing to me has been the mature way he has handled the 1B/DH issue.

I told you not to worry about Prince's lack of power in ST, but I'm not gonna lie, I was worried three weeks into April myself.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you not to worry about Prince's lack of power in ST, but I'm not gonna lie, I was worried three weeks into April myself.
If the May power numbers turn out to be a fluke I will still be very impressed with his season just because of the other two areas I mentioned. Not saying they are a fluke, but he doesn't have to hit 30 HRs this season to impress me. I will be more than glad to be wrong about his power though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can just maintain a .500 record over the next 4-6 weeks I like our chances in the 2nd half of the season. May not be able to catch Houston with that, but one of the wild cards isn't out of the question.
No need to tie any expectations to this club. Just enjoy the fun while it lasts. If they can be around .500 after 80 games then good on them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That little one hopper to the wall double he hit and the single off the wall...holy shit man. His swings are creating some serious torque. Now he's getting balls in the air it's just sit back and enjoy time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Worth a try.
It would be pretty awful...Texas is better off with Field and Rosales playing there. I think DDJ might run the risk of being overexposed like Gentry in the past. Let him BABIP the hell out of LHP and get a few starts vs RHP and he will contribute.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the May power numbers turn out to be a fluke I will still be very impressed with his season just because of the other two areas I mentioned. Not saying they are a fluke, but he doesn't have to hit 30 HRs this season to impress me. I will be more than glad to be wrong about his power though.

I think he'll hit 30.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to tie any expectations to this club. Just enjoy the fun while it lasts. If they can be around .500 after 80 games then good on them.

I'm not tying any expectations to this team. I do enjoy watching them win. If they can be at .500 at the half way point then that would be outstanding, and they may have a sliver of a shot at making a run at a WC spot. Even if all they do is win 81 games this year I'd be thrilled.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not tying any expectations to this team. I do enjoy watching them win. If they can be at .500 at the half way point then that would be outstanding, and they may have a sliver of a shot at making a run at a WC spot. Even if all they do is win 81 games this year I'd be thrilled.
May was been light years better than April. And for a team that's had 2 good months out of the last year and half I will take it.