• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to the Great Northwest to Play Mariners 6/10-6/12

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twas a great series. Last night was one of those you don't see often.
It was a great series. Left today's game at 6-1 thinking it was in the bag. Don't want to know how it got so close.

New thread up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAG actually made a great call on throw by Mazara. Unbridled enthusiasm. Hair let down. What little is left
You should have heard the call by the guys on ROOT. They start off excited about Cano's hit and then when the throw comes into 2nd and he is called out and the replay shows he is clearly out they are almost stunned into silence.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have heard the call by the guys on ROOT. They start off excited about Cano's hit and then when the throw comes into 2nd and he is called out and the replay shows he is clearly out they are almost stunned into silence.

I was pretty sure I heard Tom say that the ball was down and Cano was gonna have extra bases? HAHA!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty sure I heard Tom say that the ball was down and Cano was gonna have extra bases? HAHA!

Actually just heard it again and it was Steve, I should have known

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, I listened to that. As soon as he hit it they spouted off "Haha, Cruz is gonna get a chance". Then Mazara came up with the ball and they got quiet, one of them said something like "is he gonna have a play" and then when the tag was placed it was dead air for about 4 seconds.

:pound:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually just heard it again and it was Steve, I should have known

I didn't notice until I heard the excuse train that is Servais talking afterwards, but when Cano rounds first his shin guard came loose and started flapping. In all honesty, that probably did cost him a step over the 90 feet. Oh well, the throw was still a laser and accurate and got him.

Maybe lighten up on the armor you roll to the plate with, it possibly cost your team a game today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice until I heard the excuse train that is Servais talking afterwards, but when Cano rounds first his shin guard came loose and started flapping. In all honesty, that probably did cost him a step over the 90 feet. Oh well, the throw was still a laser and accurate and got him.

Maybe lighten up on the armor you roll to the plate with, it possibly cost your team a game today.

Servais is quickly working his way up my disliked managers list.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Dipoto yes man I bet.

The funny thing is, I've seen their fans talking about what a great job DiPoto has done, and how they couldn't believe the Angels fired him. All the while I'm thinking, "You saw him run the Angels into the ground for how many years?" They focused on a killer road record while ignoring the fact that the sustainability of their record is highly questionable for multiple reasons. I wouldn't be shocked if they're pretty much out of it around the all star break.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, I've seen their fans talking about what a great job DiPoto has done, and how they couldn't believe the Angels fired him. All the while I'm thinking, "You saw him run the Angels into the ground for how many years?" They focused on a killer road record while ignoring the fact that the sustainability of their record is highly questionable for multiple reasons. I wouldn't be shocked if they're pretty much out of it around the all star break.

You really do need to win as many home games as you can...their home record is awful...Their record vs teams over .500 is also awful.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really do need to win as many home games as you can...their home record is awful...Their record vs teams over .500 is also awful.

Like I said. The sustainability of their success is highly questionable. Not to mention their head to head record against Texas is abysmal.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. The sustainability of their success is highly questionable. Not to mention their head to head record against Texas is abysmal.

Their AL West record is also bad...

We and the Giants both are 21-9 over the last 30 games...I have no idea how long that is gonna last, but DAMN!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but put my head in my hands when people start talking about all the metrics that point to teams like the Mariners eventually smoking Texas. Run differential still annoys me. I know, I know. It can be a useful stat, but I'd rather win 90 games by 1 run than 80 games by 5. just because your blowout wins are more impressive than our blowout wins, or our blowout losses are worse than yours doesn't mean your team is better.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais is quickly working his way up my disliked managers list.

Yeah, he seems so unassuming as well. he did have nice things to say about Cole just being on yesterday and how Texas played better to get the win.

I have noticed that AJ Hinch apparently went to the Scioscia school of dumb-face. Every time I see him on camera he looks like he has no idea where he is or is so mad that if moves a muscle he will explode.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but put my head in my hands when people start talking about all the metrics that point to teams like the Mariners eventually smoking Texas. Run differential still annoys me. I know, I know. It can be a useful stat, but I'd rather win 90 games by 1 run than 80 games by 5. just because your blowout wins are more impressive than our blowout wins, or our blowout losses are worse than yours doesn't mean your team is better.

Yeah metrics are simply a tool, not an end all tell, same as scouting, plenty of non-sexy prospects have done great in the bigs and plenty of "toosly" guys just couldn't get it done

They have to be used in unison