• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Houston For Three Games With the Astros April 12-14

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would settle for sening 2 of them down. Having 3 guys in the pen that you can't trust is so bad.
Burke and Anderson for sure. But Leclerc is terrible and giving up a hit I can understand but he can't make it through an inning without walking a hitter.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke and Anderson for sure. But Leclerc is terrible and giving up a hit I can understand but he can't make it through an inning without walking a hitter.
One will be replaced when a starter moves to the pen. I think Church is probably ready to replace another one. I am just not sure about a third replacement at this time. Hernandez would probably be the next man up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bochy just said it was too early to do what he just did. I guess we should never trust him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Angel is setting records.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I yelled at the TV when Bochy brought in Anderson.

we can’t afford to mess around and piss away wins against the Astros and Bochy almost did it. Anderson almost let the astros back into the game. I think Anderson sucks and shouldn’t be on the mlb roster. He had a really fun debut and it was cool, but the league has figured him out and he needs to go as soon as possible.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leclerc is a mental case under pressure.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite whatever reason AH had, he knew he was not going to let Wyatt succeed. He,IMO, is a dishonest person. No umpire could miss three calls that badly.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One will be replaced when a starter moves to the pen. I think Church is probably ready to replace another one. I am just not sure about a third replacement at this time. Hernandez would probably be the next man up.
You and I know how JHern will do. He is a good minor league pitcher.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite whatever reason AH had, he knew he was not going to let Wyatt succeed. He,IMO, is a dishonest person. No umpire could miss three calls that badly.
No umpire not named Angel Hernandez. LOL!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a lost year last year, like a lot of our pitching prospects.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I know how JHern will do. He is a good minor league pitcher.
Yeah, that's why I say I would be happy with 2 of those three guys being replaced. I don't like the alternative. Now, that could change in a few weeks if Kelly continues to progress or if another candidate emerges.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Scott Lucas' thorough review of Leiter's outing:

Jack Leiter surrendered homers on three of his first 18 pitches, yet I came away very pleased with his outing. Let's get the bad news out of the way first.

The homers came on a fastball, slider, and curve. The fastball to a righty clipped the inside corner above the belt, not where Leiter has lived in 2024 but not a terrible location (absent info about the hitter's tendencies). The slider was unique, the only one high and arm-side of 26 thrown. The curve, well, it was a cookie, but context is key. As a rule, minor league hitters hate early curves. The swing rate on first-pitch curves in Round Rock's games so far is only 22%, and only 20% of swings are put into play. Until hitters adjust, it's a pretty safe way for a pitcher to grab a favorable count. Instead, OKC's Ryan Ward bounced Leiter's curve off the warehouse roof well beyond the 400 sign.

Leiter's location wasn't as sharp in the first two innings. In the 3rd, he recovered the impressive command of his first start, focusing on the glove-side edge of the plate (irrespective of batter handedness). Leiter tallied 18 swinging strikes, 13 with the fastball, which peaked at 98.2 MPH and 20" of induced vertical break. OKC missed an enormous 59% of fastballs offered at. The Baseball Club (remember, they don't have a nickname) even missed on 44% of in-zone fastballs, plus all of the eight outside the zone. That's domination.

The slider wasn't as effective but had several strong moments. The curve and change are mostly just along for the ride. This was an old-fashioned power performance. The pitch mix looks relieverish, but let's let leave that aside for now. Ten strikeouts, zero walks (and a hit batter). A ratio of 6.25 Ks per BB/HBP for the season. We can't wish away the homers, but on the whole, Leiter performed well again, and his 2024 has been highly encouraging.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Scott Lucas' thorough review of Leiter's outing:

Jack Leiter surrendered homers on three of his first 18 pitches, yet I came away very pleased with his outing. Let's get the bad news out of the way first.

The homers came on a fastball, slider, and curve. The fastball to a righty clipped the inside corner above the belt, not where Leiter has lived in 2024 but not a terrible location (absent info about the hitter's tendencies). The slider was unique, the only one high and arm-side of 26 thrown. The curve, well, it was a cookie, but context is key. As a rule, minor league hitters hate early curves. The swing rate on first-pitch curves in Round Rock's games so far is only 22%, and only 20% of swings are put into play. Until hitters adjust, it's a pretty safe way for a pitcher to grab a favorable count. Instead, OKC's Ryan Ward bounced Leiter's curve off the warehouse roof well beyond the 400 sign.

Leiter's location wasn't as sharp in the first two innings. In the 3rd, he recovered the impressive command of his first start, focusing on the glove-side edge of the plate (irrespective of batter handedness). Leiter tallied 18 swinging strikes, 13 with the fastball, which peaked at 98.2 MPH and 20" of induced vertical break. OKC missed an enormous 59% of fastballs offered at. The Baseball Club (remember, they don't have a nickname) even missed on 44% of in-zone fastballs, plus all of the eight outside the zone. That's domination.

The slider wasn't as effective but had several strong moments. The curve and change are mostly just along for the ride. This was an old-fashioned power performance. The pitch mix looks relieverish, but let's let leave that aside for now. Ten strikeouts, zero walks (and a hit batter). A ratio of 6.25 Ks per BB/HBP for the season. We can't wish away the homers, but on the whole, Leiter performed well again, and his 2024 has been highly encouraging.
Did I read that right? 3HR in 18 pitches 1 hit batter and that is performing well.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are we looking at another Chapman ‘type’ pickup at the deadline or before? I don’t see anyone on the current roster, minors? that qualify.
Like Yates, Robertson, Sborz a lot and Urena and Latz (so far) but need a real hard thrower in the mix. Even an Ogando type in his prime will do.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we looking at another Chapman ‘type’ pickup at the deadline or before? I don’t see anyone on the current roster, minors? that qualify.
Like Yates, Robertson, Sborz a lot and Urena and Latz (so far) but need a real hard thrower in the mix. Even an Ogando type in his prime will do.
Maybe Teodo will be that guy by July.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I read that right? 3HR in 18 pitches 1 hit batter and that is performing well.
That would be a bad performance for a closer, but when a starter goes 6 innings and only gives up 3 runs, I will take it, especially in a hitters league. That being said, he is in no way close to being ready to ne brought up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget we will have Carson Coleman to add to the bullpen in a few weeks. He fastball touches 98MPH.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers purchased the contract of right-hander Austin Pruitt from Triple-A Round Rock to replace Burke. To make room for Pruitt on the 40-man roster, the Rangers moved infielder Justin Foscue to the 60-day IL with a strained oblique, a nod to just how significant the injury was that he suffered a week ago.