• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play The Mariners In Seattle May 15-16

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is what we do regarding the rotation. Building from there looks decent.
Agree and I am okay with us stockpiling the minors again with pitchers like we once did before.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the OF is pretty much set. If not, then what happens to Maz and DDJ? Gallo could play 1b but what happens to Guz? So Joey is safe in LF. 3B C and maybe 2B is my concern + BP & Rotation.
We will have some young talented tradable pieces eventually.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think we have a winning culture in 2020. Have to think the FO makes a splash for the new park. We have some holes to fill like 3B but enough talent to bring up by then to have a good OF. Pitching of course is everything and is a bit hard to predict.

Not looking for anything in 2019 due to pitching but you never know what can happen with good talent and a good acquisition at the break 2020. If you bail completely in 2020 it is highly unlikely that a team learns to win and be a legit threat to WS the same year
I hope we don't start trading young talent too early unless it is for other young talent. The timing of the Cliff Lee trade is what we should try to repeat. Avoiding trades like the Hamels and Lucroy trades would be preferred. Don't trade until you think the guy you are trading for puts you in the WS. That takes some honest and unbiased evaluation of your team to do that correctly.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is what we do regarding the rotation. Building from there looks decent.
We are going to have to grow most if it on our own and then maybe when we get the new stadium we can fill out the rotation with free agents.

Next offseason we need to sign some decent free agents, if they are available, to short term deals and then flip them at the deadline for young pitching. Of course, that assumes the market allows those kind of deals. Keep accumlating.

I would think everyone would understand that assumption, but you never know so I made sure I stated it. lol

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to grow most if it on our own and then maybe when we get the new stadium we can fill out the rotation with free agents.

Next offseason we need to sign some decent free agents, if they are available, to short term deals and then flip them at the deadline for young pitching. Of course, that assumes the market allows those kind of deals. Keep accumlating.

I would think everyone would understand that assumption, but you never know so I made sure I stated it. lol
We'll see.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minor as Fister is a good guy to flip even though we have an extension but yes I think being a good trader makes sense. I do hope the Phillies are interested in Hamels

I don’t mind move some of the minor league OF talent for pitching at minor league level.

Oh and yes. I take things literally at times. Maybe a bit too much

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor as Fister is a good guy to flip even though we have an extension but yes I think being a good trader makes sense. I do hope the Phillies are interested in Hamels

I don’t mind move some of the minor league OF talent for pitching at minor league level.

Oh and yes. I take things literally at times. Maybe a bit too much
Lol. We are all guilty of taking things too literally at times. We are all also guilty of being too quick to think we have explained ourselves enough sometimes. That is why some back and forth questions to verify complete understanding is needed prior to thinking someone is half crazy.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the OF is pretty much set. If not, then what happens to Maz and DDJ? Gallo could play 1b but what happens to Guz? So Joey is safe in LF. 3B C and maybe 2B is my concern + BP & Rotation.

Profar can play 3B and has played it well in the past

2B is a pretty easy position to fill, especially since we usually are pretty good at acquiring SS talent

Catcher is a tough one for most teams, but personally I don't have a problem with Chirinos, would be nice if he started striking out so much

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2B is a pretty easy position to fill, especially since we usually are pretty good at acquiring SS talent

Catcher is a tough one for most teams, but personally I don't have a problem with Chirinos, would be nice if he started striking out so much
Was thinking Profar will win out at 2b hence needing 3b. Guessing.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking Profar will win out at 2b hence needing 3b. Guessing.

Profar will win out over Odor.

Profar looks like a ball player right now. Odor looks like some no talent hack who goes up to the plate, swings for the fences, and strikes out almost every other AB.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this be our future, when Elvis comes back, move Profar there, and let IKF be the utility guy, depending upon what happens with Odor......I think the team will give Odor every opportunity to right his own ship. Frankly, I'm not sure what this entails, but the lease may be longer than some of us would like.

How's everyone feeling about DDJ being our CF for the immediate future?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this be our future, when Elvis comes back, move Profar there, and let IKF be the utility guy, depending upon what happens with Odor......I think the team will give Odor every opportunity to right his own ship. Frankly, I'm not sure what this entails, but the lease may be longer than some of us would like.

Deshields has done well. He’s a good lead off hitter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deshields is fine for the immediate future. At some point he might be the kind of guy like I was talking about the other day. At some point, let's say 2 years from now, he might become that tradable asset with more than one year of control left that we can get a substantial return for.

We do have about 5 CF prospects currently in the system.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshields is fine for the immediate future. At some point he might be the kind of guy like I was talking about the other day. At some point, let's say 2 years from now, he might become that tradable asset with more than one year of control left that we can get a substantial return for.

We do have about 5 CF prospects cuttently.
But do they have the offensive out put as DDJ

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do they have the offensive out put as DDJ

DDJ has shown a lot of progress and may have some great intangibles but it will nice to have options in CF in a couple of years. These are the good problems.

Yet Nothing should be untouchable for the right price

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Odor gets the whole year to recreate himself yet when Elvis comes back I do not expect Profar to be kicked to the curb.It maybe a moot issue though due to Beltre being a bit fragile But I hope we get some time with Odor looking on from the bench with Prodar leading. Playing time based on Merit yet shared time to let development take place

Re Beltre. Heart of a champ, body of an aging player

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Odor gets the whole year to recreate himself yet when Elvis comes back I do not expect Profar to be kicked to the curb.It maybe a moot issue though due to Beltre being a bit fragile But I hope we get some time with Odor looking on from the bench with Prodar leading. Playing time based on Merit yet shared time to let development take place

Re Beltre. Heart of a champ, body of an aging player

If Odor continues to look terrible I hope thats not the case

But Andrus is scheduled to be back in 2-4 weeks, if Beltre is still on the shelf then, then Profar can play 3B and Odor can get his ABs at 2B

When Beltre and Andrus come back thats when things get tricky and when I would advocate Profar getting PT over Odor

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor needs to show something before Elvis gets back. With all of the injuries, there’s no doubt he will be in there everyday right now.

He’s already had roughly a year and a half. He’s got 3-4 weeks to not be some turd who strikes out almost every AB.

If Elvis comes back, Odor is still playing awful, Profar continues to out play Odor, and they sit Profar , then some of these coaches need to be fired.