• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Nationals For Three Games April 30 - May 2

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also from Evan Grant:

Best fence straddling: Had a simple question for Bruce Bochy prior to Thursday’s game. Simply this: “Is Josh Smith having a better season offensively or defensively?”

It’s not as easy an answer as it appears. Because the defense has been that good. He’s already a +4 in runs saved, split between shortstop and third base. Only 17 players, regardless of position, have higher DRS numbers around the league. Now, is it better than the .900 OPS he’s sporting? Hard to know. That’s why we went to Bochy ahead of Smith reaching for the 19th consecutive game.

“It’s been equally good,” the manager said, trying to take the off-ramp from the question. “He’s played really great baseball. It’s certainly softened the blow of losing Josh Jung [at this base]. I feel like he said he was going to get back to who he was a couple of years ago. That’s who he is.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Jack Leiter pitched on Thursday at Triple-A Round Rock, so he’s timed up perfectly to step into Eovaldi’s spot Tuesday at Oakland. Bad news: The Rangers were more likely planning on using Leiter as part of their doubleheader pitching lineup on Wednesday in Oakland. They may need to push Owen White into the mix, too. White, who pitched Wednesday, would also be on plenty of rest to step into either situation in Oakland.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want to be Bochy when Jung returns. I can't see how we have lost anything in Jung's absence the way Smith has played. Certainly not taking anything away from Jung but how do you take away from Smith? Get the point? A hard decision for Bochy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want to be Bochy when Jung returns. I can't see how we have lost anything in Jung's absence the way Smith has played. Certainly not taking anything away from Jung but how do you take away from Smith? Get the point? A hard decision for Bochy.
The difference is power. Smith can give many players a rest and DH. He should end up being in the lineup just about every game.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an easy decision for me. Leody would sit. Jung and Smith would alternate between 3B and DH.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Jack Leiter pitched on Thursday at Triple-A Round Rock, so he’s timed up perfectly to step into Eovaldi’s spot Tuesday at Oakland. Bad news: The Rangers were more likely planning on using Leiter as part of their doubleheader pitching lineup on Wednesday in Oakland. They may need to push Owen White into the mix, too. White, who pitched Wednesday, would also be on plenty of rest to step into either situation in Oakland.
i agree with Leiter being brought up to start on Tuesday with Eovaldi going on the IL and then immediately send Leiter down and the Rangers bring up Anderson and Rodriquez (1 of them being the extra pitcher for Doubleheader). 1 w0uld go Lorenzen and Dunning as the starters for the doubleheader games on the 8th with pitch limits.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an easy decision for me. Leody would sit. Jung and Smith would alternate between 3B and DH.
But will Bochy sit Leody?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is power. Smith can give many players a rest and DH. He should end up being in the lineup just about every game.
I agree. Just pointing out whats in front of Bochy. Hope he gets it right .

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with Leiter being brought up to start on Tuesday with Eovaldi going on the IL and then immediately send Leiter down and the Rangers bring up Anderson and Rodriquez (1 of them being the extra pitcher for Doubleheader). 1 w0uld go Lorenzen and Dunning as the starters for the doubleheader games on the 8th with pitch limits.
The only problem with that is both Anderson and Yerry have been terrible. Andersons era is 12.00 and Rodriquez’s is 10.50. You couldn’t depend on them to get anyone out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is plenty of room for both to play as long as Taveras is out of the way.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with that is both Anderson and Yerry have been terrible. Andersons era is 12.00 and Rodriquez’s is 10.50. You couldn’t depend on them to get anyone out.
i agree with you but who else is there to bring up to fill the slots for the doubleheader?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.