• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Cleveland For Three Games May 13-15

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article this morning about what the author thought it would take for the Yankees to land Mason Miller. He thought it would take their #3, #4, and #5 prospects.

Our #2 prospect, Sebastian Walcott is ranked slightly lower than the Yankees #3 guy. We don't have anyone beyond Walsott who is as highly ranked as the Yankees #4 prospect. Therefore to match the proposed Yankees offer we would have to give up more than our #3, #4, and #5 prospects. Maybe adding our #6 or #7 would be enough, maybe not.

It depends on which list you are checking, but our #4 through #6 guys usually include names like the following:

Justin Foscue
Kumar Rocker
Brock Porter
Anthony Gutierrez
Jack Leiter

So, to see who it might take to land Mason Miller, pick out who you think the top three guys from the list above are, and add Walcott to that list. Then you have a trade proposal that might land Miller.
As far as I am concerned they can have any of those 3 players.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just wait until he is released if that is the option. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Then again, we got Grossman back so they could want Chapman back as well.
seriously i have no faith that CY and the Rangers will pursue any quality trade prospects like Mason Miller or Tanner Scott etc. at best they'll bring in 1 barely average reliever

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously i have no faith that CY and the Rangers will pursue any quality trade prospects like Mason Miller or Tanner Scott etc. at best they'll bring in 1 barely average reliever
Possibly when Evoldi Dunning Scherzer and Bradford gets back, Dunning or Bradford goes to the pen.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ll probably bring Will Smith back.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, when we have 6 starters ready to start, Heaney is the odd man out.

Ideally, our rotation beginning in early June is:

Bradford
Eovaldi
Gray
Dunning
Lorenzen

At some point in July, Mahle coning back probably sends either Lorenzen or Dunning to the pen. If both of those guys are pitching well, I would send Mahle to the pen.

It won't matter how guys are pitching, when deGrom is ready, someone else goes to the pen.

The above plans only come into play if all of those guys remain healthy. We all know that is most likely not going to happen.

The likelihood of Scherzer's return is so questionable that I am not even counting on him. If he does come back I would send him to the pen unless our weakest starter is struggling. I don't want him starting 2 or 3 games only to get hurt again and force bullpen games while another starter, who had been sent to the pen, gets stretched out again.

I only consider Urena an emergency starter.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point we could have a pen consisting of:

Yates
Robertson
Lorenzen
Heaney
Sborz
Leclerc
Urena
Latz

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think eventually they will put Bradford or Heany in the pen. Latz is the only lefty in the pen right now.
The only way Bradford goes to the pen is he doesn't pitch very well when he returns. I know he can't keep at the level he was pitching which was 3-0 with a 1.40 ERA but if he can stay around an ERA of 3 he would have to stay in as a starter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240516_203833_MiLB.jpg

The Rangers 2022 11th round draft pick, Kohl Drake, has has 6 starts this year. Two of them were bad and 4 of them have been very, very good. In his last 2 starts he has gone a total of 9 innings, allowing 4 hits and 2 walks while striking out 19.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read an article this morning about what the author thought it would take for the Yankees to land Mason Miller. He thought it would take their #3, #4, and #5 prospects.

Our #2 prospect, Sebastian Walcott is ranked slightly lower than the Yankees #3 guy. We don't have anyone beyond Walsott who is as highly ranked as the Yankees #4 prospect. Therefore to match the proposed Yankees offer we would have to give up more than our #3, #4, and #5 prospects. Maybe adding our #6 or #7 would be enough, maybe not.

It depends on which list you are checking, but our #4 through #6 guys usually include names like the following:

Justin Foscue
Kumar Rocker
Brock Porter
Anthony Gutierrez
Jack Leiter

So, to see who it might take to land Mason Miller, pick out who you think the top three guys from the list above are, and add Walcott to that list. Then you have a trade proposal that might land Miller.
Just because the Yankees or other teams have better prospects doesn’t mean they will trade them. We know CY’s potential. I wouldn’t trade Rocker and the A’s may not want him because he’s coming off an injury. Two or three from that list and Taveras may be enough but Bochy won’t trade him. The A’s said they would take an everyday player too instead of a prospect.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Yankees or other teams have better prospects doesn’t mean they will trade them. We know CY’s potential. I wouldn’t trade Rocker and the A’s may not want him because he’s coming off an injury. Two or three from that list and Taveras may be enough but Bochy won’t trade him. The A’s said they would take an everyday player too instead of a prospect.
Yeah, I am not saying the Yankees would make that trade, but that is what was reported Oakland would ask for. If they do not get what they want they can simply keep him until the next trading season. They have a lot of opportunities left to trade him during the next few years. With the price that high, I doubt he gets traded during this season.