• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I wouldn't do it every game, but I think MM can play LF. He has a better arm than any of our current OFers. DDJ and his range helps a lot too.

DDJ is actually not a very good CFer, he puts on a good show out there at times, but he actually grades out as a pretty poor CFer

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DDJ is actually not a very good CFer, he puts on a good show out there at times, but he actually grades out as a pretty poor CFer

He got a very poor jump on a ball (5th inning maybe?) today, but he turned on the jets, and ended up making a pretty nice catch.

I do think it would be fair to note, he's gotten better, and he is a converted INF.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a very poor jump on a ball (5th inning maybe?) today, but he turned on the jets, and ended up making a pretty nice catch.

I do think it would be fair to note, he's gotten better, and he is a converted INF.
That is something that is easy for us to forget. I understand that Venables is a good OFer and he has played CF more this year than the COF positions.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He gets very poor reads on balls and only makes up for it sometimes b/c of his speed... and as a a result he gets the "Hamilton" effect, he might end making a nice play on a ball, b/c he dives or jumps and leaps on a play that maybe shouldn't have been that difficult to begin with... or not at all

In the end, he might end up being passable in CF, but he's certainly not making up for a lesser OF player (Moreland) in LF

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Napoli tried to 'hit it to the moon' after hearing first 'NA-PO-LI' chant back in Texas | Dallas Morning News

His first impression walking back into a Rangers locker room…

Napoli: When I walked into the clubhouse in Seattle, it was pretty cool. It’s a great clubhouse here; everybody is having a good time, messing around with each other. Feels like it was back in 2011, 2012, it’s great. These guys are all together on the field, hearing guys yelling at each other when you’re up to bat, trying to get things done, it’s cool.

The first time he heard the “NA-PO-LI” chant in Texas after his return…

Napoli: That first night I was back here, that pinch hit I got was awesome…It actually made me fired up. The first swing I took I think I tried to hit it to the moon. My back knee hit the ground, I was so fired up, I had to step out and take a deep breath and compose myself.

Can you still catch if necessary? What if Derek Holland wants you to catch him?

Napoli: I think it’s been in conversation. I haven’t caught for three years. I’d try to give it a go, but I’m not sure if my body could handle it. I don’t know. We’ll see.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Napoli tried to 'hit it to the moon' after hearing first 'NA-PO-LI' chant back in Texas | Dallas Morning News

His first impression walking back into a Rangers locker room…

Napoli: When I walked into the clubhouse in Seattle, it was pretty cool. It’s a great clubhouse here; everybody is having a good time, messing around with each other. Feels like it was back in 2011, 2012, it’s great. These guys are all together on the field, hearing guys yelling at each other when you’re up to bat, trying to get things done, it’s cool.

The first time he heard the “NA-PO-LI” chant in Texas after his return…

Napoli: That first night I was back here, that pinch hit I got was awesome…It actually made me fired up. The first swing I took I think I tried to hit it to the moon. My back knee hit the ground, I was so fired up, I had to step out and take a deep breath and compose myself.

Can you still catch if necessary? What if Derek Holland wants you to catch him?

Napoli: I think it’s been in conversation. I haven’t caught for three years. I’d try to give it a go, but I’m not sure if my body could handle it. I don’t know. We’ll see.

Napoli could probably catch a couple innings in an emergency situation, that's about it

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach to see Cruz make such a strong effort to catch the HR hit by Moreland today?

As Eric Nadel said, "there is no one who can mess with the minds of Ranger fans more than that man" referring to Cruz after that play.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach to see Cruz make such a strong effort to catch the HR hit by Moreland today?

As Eric Nadel said, "there is no one who can mess with the minds of Ranger fans more than that man" referring to Cruz after that play.

Not really, b/c I didn't think effort the problem back then either, just bad defense

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how true this still is, but I remember on Opening Day 2012, Norm Hitzges said that Nadel told him that he still couldn't bear to watch a replay or listen to the broadcast of Game 6, months after the fact. Only Rangers game Nadel has never reviewed in some form.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how true this still is, but I remember on Opening Day 2012, Norm Hitzges said that Nadel told him that he still couldn't bear to watch a replay or listen to the broadcast of Game 6, months after the fact. Only Rangers game Nadel has never reviewed in some form.

Same here and understandable.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure did. I just thought "where was that enthusiasm when trying to win a freaking world series???"

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have still never watched, and likely never will. Just something I never care to revisit on screen. We certainly have revisited it here plenty since then. Guess it will never go away until the Rangers find a way to win one, hope they hurry the heck up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have still never watched, and likely never will.

I've never seen it. Seriously, not once have I seen this play, due to being out of the country when it happened. But perhaps to us, it's probably, lack-of-play, isn't it?

Since I didn't see it live, I fail to see the value in putting my finger in the electrical socket now.

Honestly, I've not truly avoided it. But everyone I know isn't real anxious to see it again, nor let me experience it for the first time anyway. And I'm totally good with that decision.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen it. Seriously, not once have I seen this play, due to being out of the country when it happened. But perhaps to us, it's probably, lack-of-play, isn't it?

Since I didn't see it live, I fail to see the value in putting my finger in the electrical socket now.

Honestly, I've not truly avoided it. But everyone I know isn't real anxious to see it again, nor let me experience it for the first time anyway. And I'm totally good with that decision.
No need to see it. Joe Buck will remind us every chance he gets.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the most heartbreaking evenings of my life. I've never seen a moment of Game 7 and never plan to, as well as revisiting Game 6. And I will argue the case until I'm blue in the face that no baseball fandom has ever been through anything similar.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw it on television when it happened, I was visiting family in Az for my sister's wedding. We had just left the rehearsal dinner and were back at my parents house and I flipped it on late in the game to witness what happened. I tell you it made my stomach drop, it was awful.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes he has gotten better but it is still not natural to him