• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers and Odor visit Royals 06/18-06/20

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain please. Link above not working
When Shin-Soo Choo hits, the Rangers offense follows. When he speaks, the young players would be wise to do the same.

That would be especially true in the case of the mysterious violation of team rules earlier this week that led to different penalties for four different young players. The Rangers demoted starter Yohander Mendez back to Triple-A Round Rock and benched Rougned Odor for a game. According to multiple sources, outfielder Carlos Tocci and pitcher Martin Perez, currently on the DL, were fined.

Details of the incident remain sketchy, but it was apparently one in which the players may have showed a lack of maturity but were not involved in illegal or criminal behavior. A public information officer for the Kansas City Police Department confirmed there was no incident report filed against any of the players. The general manager of the hotel at which the team stays in Kansas City, however, did not respond to a phone inquiry about any incidents at the hotel this week.

"We are all humans, we all make mistakes," Choo said he told Mendez in particular. "We aren't going to be perfect. You made a mistake. You didn't kill anybody. But you made a mistake. Don't hide from it. Go down there and work on things. One time is a mistake; the second time it is not."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Shin-Soo Choo hits, the Rangers offense follows. When he speaks, the young players would be wise to do the same.

That would be especially true in the case of the mysterious violation of team rules earlier this week that led to different penalties for four different young players. The Rangers demoted starter Yohander Mendez back to Triple-A Round Rock and benched Rougned Odor for a game. According to multiple sources, outfielder Carlos Tocci and pitcher Martin Perez, currently on the DL, were fined.

Details of the incident remain sketchy, but it was apparently one in which the players may have showed a lack of maturity but were not involved in illegal or criminal behavior. A public information officer for the Kansas City Police Department confirmed there was no incident report filed against any of the players. The general manager of the hotel at which the team stays in Kansas City, however, did not respond to a phone inquiry about any incidents at the hotel this week.

"We are all humans, we all make mistakes," Choo said he told Mendez in particular. "We aren't going to be perfect. You made a mistake. You didn't kill anybody. But you made a mistake. Don't hide from it. Go down there and work on things. One time is a mistake; the second time it is not."
Thanks Bennie. Choo is quite a mature leader.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bennie. Choo is quite a mature leader.

Probably something he's never gotten credit for, and will be missed if he's traded. Don't take that wrong. If we get a chance to move his contract, you do it. But he's done a really terrific job on the field this season, and now we find out he's leading in the clubhouse too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas.....y'all get us some wins this weekend b/c I'm headed to Atlanta tomorrow for my God-son's BD, and we're gonna take in a Braves game, then come back on Sunday.

GO RANGERS

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas.....y'all get us some wins this weekend b/c I'm headed to Atlanta tomorrow for my God-son's BD, and we're gonna take in a Braves game, then come back on Sunday.

GO RANGERS
Go safely buddie

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO RANGERS

That's an exciting young team that should throw out an enjoyable game for you. Safe travels.