• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Johnson HOF as a Mariner?!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm sure that was a typo. Absolutely sure of it. Looks like a typo I might have been guilty of also if I had thought about it first.

yeah oops

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with this.

Randy became a star in Seattle.
A SuperStar and WS Champ in AZ.

He had his best years in AZ.
I do still believe he TANKED in Seattle the year they traded him to Houston. Look what he did.

He has been and always will be an odd character and a douche at the same time.
He has zero loyalty to Seattle, he feels they screwed him in some way, thus the TANKING.

I wish him the best, but he is in NO way a Seattle 'guy' and should NEVER raise the 12 Flag. EVER.

Congrats to Randy Johnson, one Hell of a Pitcher. But, go ahead, wear the AZ cap. I don't care.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing when comparing Randy's numbers in Arizona. From 1999-2002, opposing pitchers were just 16 for 236 against Randy, that's a .068 BA and 146 SO. Even if they are just pitchers, those are downright unbelievable numbers - a benefit his numbers in Seattle never got....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with this.

Randy became a star in Seattle.
A SuperStar and WS Champ in AZ.

He had his best years in AZ.
I do still believe he TANKED in Seattle the year they traded him to Houston. Look what he did.

He has been and always will be an odd character and a douche at the same time.
He has zero loyalty to Seattle, he feels they screwed him in some way, thus the TANKING.

I wish him the best, but he is in NO way a Seattle 'guy' and should NEVER raise the 12 Flag. EVER.

Congrats to Randy Johnson, one Hell of a Pitcher. But, go ahead, wear the AZ cap. I don't care.

Yeah, the tanking in '98 wasn't his finest hour and it sucks that his teammates and the fans got caught up in the middle of that feud between him and management, but I'm not going to take it personally. He did too much for the organization for that one half-season to ruin it. Management said some stuff that pissed him off, so he did some stuff to get himself traded. It's not the first time that's happened in sports and it won't be the last. If the front office had been smart and signed the best pitcher in franchise history (up to that point, anyway) to an extension before that season, all of that crap could have been avoided and we'd be sitting here talking about our first Mariners Hall of Fame player instead of the first Diamondbacks Hall of Famer who just happened to be one of a handful of players to put the M's on the map.