• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it sucks that teams are still stuck paying the guaranteed portion of a players contract when the player decides to retire early.

Donald should have to give up everything he is due once he decides to retire. It’s not the Rams fault he decided to walk away before his contract was up. The team shouldn’t be penalized for that.

And he shouldn’t be getting paid when he’s the one who decides to walk away.

It’s different if the team was releasing him. They absolutely should be on the hook then because that wasn’t the player’s decision.

Ok, rant over. Moving on.
I think you got some bad information ALR. I got mine from NFL.com. They state that when a player retires and the contract is not complete, the contract freezes and the team is not required to pay the guaranteed portion of the contract going forward. Oft times, players return the money or the team can continue to pay the full amount or satisfy a payment schedule as a gift of sorts.

I am quite sure the Rams are going to continue to pay the guaranteed portion of AD's contract even though the contract is not complete nor will it be. The Rams will do this not has a legal obligation, because there isn't one, but because they want to give him a gift for his retirement and 10-year high level of performance. If he changes his mind and comes back (which I doubt), then the contract resumes and the finances are then adjusted. The Rams will always own the unfinished contract. If they choose, they can trade it or keep it and if and when AD returns, the contract will continue to completion or sent with AD if the Rams decided to trade him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Rams take a stab at Chase Young?
Hell No. The Rams have done that way too often and they are doing it again with Jimmy G rather than take the better option of re-signing Carson Wentz. If the Twins do go that route, they will probably make it a one-year deal which will be like Jimmy G's "prove-it" deal or what they did with OBJ back in 2020-2021 which was an incentive-laden "prove-it" one-year deal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR, checkout the page 616 in the area of posts #12,309 and #12311. That is the info I got from NFL.com

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got some bad information ALR. I got mine from NFL.com. They state that when a player retires and the contract is not complete, the contract freezes and the team is not required to pay the guaranteed portion of the contract going forward. Oft times, players return the money or the team can continue to pay the full amount or satisfy a payment schedule as a gift of sorts.

I am quite sure the Rams are going to continue to pay the guaranteed portion of AD's contract even though the contract is not complete nor will it be. The Rams will do this not has a legal obligation, because there isn't one, but because they want to give him a gift for his retirement and 10-year high level of performance. If he changes his mind and comes back (which I doubt), then the contract resumes and the finances are then adjusted. The Rams will always own the unfinished contract. If they choose, they can trade it or keep it and if and when AD returns, the contract will continue to completion or sent with AD if the Rams decided to trade him.

The difference is the Rams are keeping their options open for AD to return should he change his mind. They aren't closing the book on him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is gone and I don't see him playing in a Rams uniform anymore. I want to see Jimmy G's contract because if its more than what Wentz wants that is a dumb move. At least as I see it now.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More evidence that I should stay off you tube. I saw a video that the guy thinks Rams got Jimmy G because Stafford wants to retire. I hope that is just BS.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was a two-time Pro Bowler but he is working his way back from an Achilles tear. I'd sign him on a vet's minimum, "prove-it" type contract for back-up. But he is getting up there in years at 27 presently. The guy the Rams really should sign is Xavier Howard for a starter position at CB.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nuts. Why are the Rams not on the damn phone tomorrow morning with the agent for Xavier Howard?? Why do they wait for players to come to them?? Just nuts. Like I stated above, I'd bring him in on the cheap, if he impresses, sign him to a one-year, "prove-it" deal like Jimmy G's new contract and get on with it with Howard.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was a two-time Pro Bowler but he is working his way back from an Achilles tear. I'd sign him on a vet's minimum, "prove-it" type contract for back-up. But he is getting up there in years at 27 presently. The guy the Rams really should sign is Xavier Howard for a starter position at CB.

injury prone yes, but still young at 27. Cheap vet deal should do the trick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More evidence that I should stay off you tube. I saw a video that the guy thinks Rams got Jimmy G because Stafford wants to retire. I hope that is just BS.

You just need to stick with better sources on you tube. Some have connections, some are just idiots trying to get clicks in their basement.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Tre'Davious White is meeting with the Rams and Raiders this week.

I'm not sure he'll ever be what he was again (and is still coming off an Achilles tear). No need for him with the Rams IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got to be the shittiest LB in the league...can't cover, can't tackle, long hair will only get you so far. Should have shown this dude the door, he's terrible.
He was only making 800K, I doubt he got much more than that to re-sign. He'll hopefully go back to being depth.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's going on with Witherspoon? Is he going to jump to Atlanta with Raheem?