• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2019 opponents!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm talent yes he has a lot of the same skill set as that of Paxton. The reason I like him more than Paxton boils down to two things 1) Intelligence...Paxton was dumber than a box of rocks. Couldn't memorize the playbook and really didn't put the effort into learning the playbook. He would rather play video games than work to become great. Lock has shown over and over again that not only has he worked hard to improve his game but his ability to break down film is pretty impressive.

2) Leadership. Players did not really gravitate to Paxton. Lock on the other hand is a guy known as a great locker room presence and player that others want to follow.
Wow you really do want the Broncos to draft Drew Lock. He has bad foot work and will be a TO machine in the NFL, so some say. Im not sold on any of the QBs from this draft class. The 2020 class looks rich for QBs then you have Lawrence in 2021.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess you can disagree with me on my thoughts of the draft. There are some positions I like as I said before and others that I really wouldn't want to touch. Such as this RB group isn't close to what last year's was. QB wise obviously not what last year's group was. WR has a good variety of players but only a couple that I would say have the upside to be true #1 type guys. Safety only has a few. CB is weak. Off Ball linebacker has about 3 guys that look good but beyond them is a bunch of guys with huge question marks.
I haven't been on this web site in awhile so im not really sure what those draft thoughts are.
I agree on the QB class, it's really poor and i hope some teams trade up into the top 3 to take both Haskins and Murray. That would drop Bosa, Allen and Q Williams.
RBs agreed as well, not as good as the last few years but it has some good ones.
WRs are really good and plenty in this draft. It don't have a Julo Jones type talent entering the draft, or at least not yet but plenty of Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton type WRs, and plenty of them.
Overall a lot of talent to be had and deep into the late rounds. Good draft, very good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Broncos take Murray, IMO. He's just not the typical kind of QB that Elway covets. 5'9".....not gonna work with Elway's vision of a big armed, pocket passer. Drew Lock is their target, if they take a QB at 10. As things stand today, I don't see the Broncos taking a QB in the 1st round. They'll take BPA and hold on until the 2020 draft.
According to ESPN and NFLN, Murray is the greatest college QB of all time and will be a complete monster in the league. So why wouldn't Elway want that assuming Flacco ain't the guy? And somehow Murray beat the tape and measured in at a towering 5-10? He's the next RW they say. Don't you guys want a QB like that?
What up MighHigh64 btw.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN and NFLN, Murray is the greatest college QB of all time and will be a complete monster in the league. So why wouldn't Elway want that assuming Flacco ain't the guy? And somehow Murray beat the tape and measured in at a towering 5-10? He's the next RW they say. Don't you guys want a QB like that?
What up MighHigh64 btw.

The Broncos don't think he is a good fit with their system. I'll tell you somebody who does think he is a great fit with what he wants in a QB and that is Jon Gruden. Got told today by a person very connected in the league that Gruden absolutely loves Murray as is talking about trading up to pick 1 to get him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you really do want the Broncos to draft Drew Lock. He has bad foot work and will be a TO machine in the NFL, so some say. Im not sold on any of the QBs from this draft class. The 2020 class looks rich for QBs then you have Lawrence in 2021.

I do like Lock a lot. Yes he is an unfinished product but so was Mahomes when he entered the league. He actually had a lot of the same issues as that of Lock. So in the right system and with the right coaching I think Lock can turn into something special. If the Broncos get him then I'll be excited but if somebody else decides to jump up and get him there are some other guys I like in this draft. Hearing if it isn't Lock then Devin White is next on their board of guys they think will be there.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos don't think he is a good fit with their system. I'll tell you somebody who does think he is a great fit with what he wants in a QB and that is Jon Gruden. Got told today by a person very connected in the league that Gruden absolutely loves Murray as is talking about trading up to pick 1 to get him.
I hope they keep those rumors up cd, i really want Josh Allen or Q Williams to fall to us at 4. MoSacks, PJ Hall and Q Williams would be just fine by me and im sure Gruden and Mayock as well.

Anyways, why won't Murray be a fit for you guys? He seems like a perfect fit for what you guys are going do. Why don't you want him?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Lock a lot. Yes he is an unfinished product but so was Mahomes when he entered the league. He actually had a lot of the same issues as that of Lock. So in the right system and with the right coaching I think Lock can turn into something special. If the Broncos get him then I'll be excited but if somebody else decides to jump up and get him there are some other guys I like in this draft. Hearing if it isn't Lock then Devin White is next on their board of guys they think will be there.
I mean, you guys can draft whoever you guys want i just think the guy will be so so. Again, i get them wrong plenty and im no GM so i might be wrong.

I do like White as well. Super fast and a hard hitter, needs development though. Poor mans Roqaun Smith? Or better?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they keep those rumors up cd, i really want Josh Allen or Q Williams to fall to us at 4. MoSacks, PJ Hall and Q Williams would be just fine by me and im sure Gruden and Mayock as well.

Anyways, why won't Murray be a fit for you guys? He seems like a perfect fit for what you guys are going do. Why don't you want him?

The West Coast system the Broncos want to run requires a QB to be willing to work from under Center at least a little. The Broncos don't think Murray would do well functioning from under Center so it would limit what they could do with their system. He is a talent for sure but you definitely need to design the offense to fit his skill set. He doesn't work in every system. That is why the Broncos love Lock so much is they think he is a perfect fit for what they want to do on offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you guys can draft whoever you guys want i just think the guy will be so so. Again, i get them wrong plenty and im no GM so i might be wrong.

I do like White as well. Super fast and a hard hitter, needs development though. Poor mans Roqaun Smith? Or better?

He isn't as NFL ready as Smith that is for sure. I would say White is a little more built to stand up in the run game where Smith is shown to be a much better pure coverage LB. Personally I would rather have Smith but I also trust Vic Fangio with about any off ball linebacker there is. No coach has done more with that position in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West Coast system the Broncos want to run requires a QB to be willing to work from under Center at least a little. The Broncos don't think Murray would do well functioning from under Center so it would limit what they could do with their system. He is a talent for sure but you definitely need to design the offense to fit his skill set. He doesn't work in every system. That is why the Broncos love Lock so much is they think he is a perfect fit for what they want to do on offense.
Is that the real reasons why? So you don't think he could learn to play under center for you guys? The media seems to think this guy would be a great player and you guys might be looking for QB?
I think the 2020 QB class is gonna be pretty good with Fromm, Herbert and Tua.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't as NFL ready as Smith that is for sure. I would say White is a little more built to stand up in the run game where Smith is shown to be a much better pure coverage LB. Personally I would rather have Smith but I also trust Vic Fangio with about any off ball linebacker there is. No coach has done more with that position in the NFL.

Agreed, i think he's a good player but not at Smith's level as of yet. Has the talent to be though.

Word has it you guys are putting Sanders in the block? Or even cutting him? So who will Flacco have other than Sutton? You guys looking to trade for AB? Hmm

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Idaho. Nice to see you back. Elway said at his presser yesterday that he's bringing Sanders back but we'll see how he comes off that achilles injury and whether or not he would take a restructure of his $10.5 million contract.

I just don't see Elway taking Murray. Elway likes those big bodied, big armed, pocket passing QBs. Murray at 5'10" is a big gamble. The kid's an amazing athlete but has been in the Air Raid system in his whole college career. That's not what the Broncos are going to run next season.

Most around here are projecting Devin White or a cornerback like Greedy for the Broncos at #10.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, i think he's a good player but not at Smith's level as of yet. Has the talent to be though.

Word has it you guys are putting Sanders in the block? Or even cutting him? So who will Flacco have other than Sutton? You guys looking to trade for AB? Hmm

He is on the block for sure. They have been in talks with the Packers, 49ers, and another team I can't remember off the top of my head. He is an off the field problem child that doesn't always fit well in the locker room who is also then coming off a serious injury and has a big cap hit. The guy when healthy is a huge talent but it wouldn't bother me either way to see him stay or go.

As for who else beyond Sutton well there are a few options. 1) They really like their young guys in DaeSean Hamilton and Tim Patrick. So after Sutton the cupboard isn't completely bear. 2) There are some free agent options. I know they are talking about some guys like John Brown (played with Flacco in Baltimore), Jamison Crowder, and even the possibility of trading for John Ross. Beyond that this is a good draft if looking for that #2 or #3 type WR. Not many tier 1 guys but that tier 2 and 3 level are actually pretty deep.

And then about AB...The Broncos are not looking at AB at all right now. IF they are getting rid of Sanders for being a locker room issue there would be no reason to bring in another known locker room headache player in AB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the real reasons why? So you don't think he could learn to play under center for you guys? The media seems to think this guy would be a great player and you guys might be looking for QB?
I think the 2020 QB class is gonna be pretty good with Fromm, Herbert and Tua.

His 5'10" height makes it a bit more difficult to function from under Center. The Broncos have considered short QB's before in Mayfield last year being at the top of their board and they almost took Wilson back in 2012 as they were deciding between him and Osweiler. Some of that was different offensive systems though compared to the one the Broncos would be asking a QB to operate this year. They like a little more height and a little more ability to function from the pocket. Murray just wasn't asked to operate at all with the idea of 3-5-7 step drops and when you hit that back foot the ball is gone. It was more have teams respect his ability to take off running and bounce around until someone is open. I love Murray and if the Broncos took him I would be happy, but I would also want to make sure they have a plan in mind of how to use his skill set. Right now with what I have heard they would like to do Haskins and Lock make a lot more sense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Idaho. Nice to see you back. Elway said at his presser yesterday that he's bringing Sanders back but we'll see how he comes off that achilles injury and whether or not he would take a restructure of his $10.5 million contract.

I just don't see Elway taking Murray. Elway likes those big bodied, big armed, pocket passing QBs. Murray at 5'10" is a big gamble. The kid's an amazing athlete but has been in the Air Raid system in his whole college career. That's not what the Broncos are going to run next season.

Most around here are projecting Devin White or a cornerback like Greedy for the Broncos at #10.
Interesting about Sanders. You guys are gonna need him or at least a replacement for him. No QB can do it alone.

I heard today that the Broncos like Murray? He's the next RW says ESPN and NFLN. According to the media the tiny QB is all the rave.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on the block for sure. They have been in talks with the Packers, 49ers, and another team I can't remember off the top of my head. He is an off the field problem child that doesn't always fit well in the locker room who is also then coming off a serious injury and has a big cap hit. The guy when healthy is a huge talent but it wouldn't bother me either way to see him stay or go.

As for who else beyond Sutton well there are a few options. 1) They really like their young guys in DaeSean Hamilton and Tim Patrick. So after Sutton the cupboard isn't completely bear. 2) There are some free agent options. I know they are talking about some guys like John Brown (played with Flacco in Baltimore), Jamison Crowder, and even the possibility of trading for John Ross. Beyond that this is a good draft if looking for that #2 or #3 type WR. Not many tier 1 guys but that tier 2 and 3 level are actually pretty deep.

And then about AB...The Broncos are not looking at AB at all right now. IF they are getting rid of Sanders for being a locker room issue there would be no reason to bring in another known locker room headache player in AB.
Not a lot of good talent for offensive FAs this year. You guys are gonna need some talent at WR if you guys move on from Sanders. John Brown is gonna cash in, is he worth it? Crowder is ok but not a guy that would scare teams, IMO. John Ross and his 4.2 speed is intriguing for sure. Not a lot of options. The draft has better talent at WR then that of FA.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 5'10" height makes it a bit more difficult to function from under Center. The Broncos have considered short QB's before in Mayfield last year being at the top of their board and they almost took Wilson back in 2012 as they were deciding between him and Osweiler. Some of that was different offensive systems though compared to the one the Broncos would be asking a QB to operate this year. They like a little more height and a little more ability to function from the pocket. Murray just wasn't asked to operate at all with the idea of 3-5-7 step drops and when you hit that back foot the ball is gone. It was more have teams respect his ability to take off running and bounce around until someone is open. I love Murray and if the Broncos took him I would be happy, but I would also want to make sure they have a plan in mind of how to use his skill set. Right now with what I have heard they would like to do Haskins and Lock make a lot more sense.
So you don't think he can play is what you are saying? And what does his size have to do with anything? The Media says he's a slam dunk RW clone and RW is pretty good,no?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that the Broncos are interested in Murray and that the media keeps calling him the next Russell Wilson. Not sure where you're getting that info from. Post a link if there is a source that's saying he's a slam dunk RW clone. I've seen a lot of speculation about shorter QB's like Wilson and Brees but I haven't heard one outlet say he's a "slam dunk" nor any ties to the Broncos interests.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think he can play is what you are saying? And what does his size have to do with anything? The Media says he's a slam dunk RW clone and RW is pretty good,no?

Where in the world did I say he can't play? I said if the Broncos take him I would be happy just would want to know how they plan to use his skill set. I have a better idea of how they can use Haskins and Lock as they are more traditional QB's that sit in the pocket to make plays. Murray is a different animal.

Also he is far from a RW clone beyond that of height.

1) Coming into the combine Wilson actually was trying to lose weight so that he could run better. He is built very thick which has helped him with some of the hits he has taken. Murray on the other side of it was well documented to have played this past season at 180 lbs. So about 30-40 lb difference between the two.

2) Murray is more of an athlete than Wilson. That part shouldn't be in question. That is good in some areas as his big play ability with his feet will have teams worried all night but it also means he uses his feet more to produce than Wilson ever did.

3) Wilson came out of college with a lot more experience starting. Wilson started I think 49 games in college compared to I think 15 games for Murray. Wilson was a lot more pro ready when entering the league.

4) Style of play is very different. Wilson showed more of an ability to operate within the pocket in college and actually throw timing routes. Doesn't mean Murray can't do it but it is a question mark entering the NFL.

Again I like Murray. He has to go to the right team to be successful. It is just like Mahomes. If he went to an old school coach that was very set in you operate from my system then he would not be the success that he is. KC's offensive system is set up well to take advantage of the skill set that Mahomes brings to the table. I don't think Murray right now is a great fit for what the Broncos want to accomplish.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that the Broncos are interested in Murray and that the media keeps calling him the next Russell Wilson. Not sure where you're getting that info from. Post a link if there is a source that's saying he's a slam dunk RW clone. I've seen a lot of speculation about shorter QB's like Wilson and Brees but I haven't heard one outlet say he's a "slam dunk" nor any ties to the Broncos interests.
Just watch the TV man. RW = Murray according to them. It don't matter though CD, according to the people on TV the Cards will take him number 1. LOL at that.

Seen a tweet by the Broncos that they want a game changing TE, they then showed a pic of Fant and Hockenson. The only way you will get one of them is using that 10th pick. So it looks like no off the ball LBs or QB for you guys at 10? Looks like the Broncos want to win this coming year and want to get Flacco some weapons?