• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quite simple, there are 2 ways to go here....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as I understand you are in favor of signing him long term - I'm not convinced that's what they should do at this point. I realize a long term contract would give them cap relief up front, but IMO would be a big risk at this point to give it to him, given his history.

I don't disagree with you and I'd love to see him play another year (and in THIS offense) before committing, but a long term deal gives us more financial flexibility if he truly is a keeper. The tag is kind of like giving him a signing bonus now and one again if he turns out to be worth it. That's about 50 million guaranteed over the first two years, instead of like 40. I'm not 100% sold on a best course of action besides keeping him (or at least keeping his equivalent in value via a trade, at worst).

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold just yet on Bradford as being a Franchise type, but I understand that you won't go far in the postseason without a very good QB. That's why it's worth it to me to Franchise him and make sure that he's a QB worth investing long term on. He showed me enough in the 2nd half of the season to make me think he "could" become our guy. If he proves not to be then you move on after next season without any dead money from him.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is their problem? They managed the cap. You are falling for a writer's story again. Suisam won't be their kicker next year anyway. They drafted a TE to replace an old injury prone Heath Miller. And Cortez Allen was no good. Did you even vett that article?
I see a prominent position for you in the cleveland browns front office.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then let's take a deeper look at it so we understand the reality of the situation and not just a single fearful narrative.

Facts:
1) Both Murray and Maxwell can be cut before the 2017 season saving us 8.5 million.
2) In 2016 they take up 17.7 million of the cap.

Bradford will receive about 25 million in 2016 but all of that won't go towards his cap number. A large sum of it will be in the form of a SB spread out over 4-6 years. As such he will only contribute about 10 million towards the cap. Therefore an increase in Bradford's cap number to the 20 million range will be offset by removing some bad contracts. Obviously there are many other ways the Eagles can manage the cap as well. It is not hard to do.

I hope you all understand a little bit better now.
Seriously, pick up the phone and let the Browns know you are available NOW.
I have no doubt you'd fit right in.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he wants Foles back?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a prominent position for you in the cleveland browns front office.
Now you're just all over the place. What do the Browns have to do with managing the cap?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, pick up the phone and let the Browns know you are available NOW.
I have no doubt you'd fit right in.

There are no holes in my analysis and you can't point to any.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were dead with Bradford. He enjoys throwing 14 interceptions a year. Pederson is not a bright, solid offensive-minded coach. We are starting over. We are dead. RIP. Fuck. It's all Chip's fault. Laurie watched it all happen. We had it all with a few missing pieces. Now we're fucked for years. RIP. :eek: :gaah:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were dead with Bradford. He enjoys throwing 14 interceptions a year. Pederson is not a bright, solid offensive-minded coach. We are starting over. We are dead. RIP. Fuck. It's all Chip's fault. Laurie watched it all happen. We had it all with a few missing pieces. Now we're fucked for years. RIP. :eek: :gaah:

Nice to see your optimism. We'll be fine after we fix the holes Chip made. Keep the faith. The division stinks, so we can compete this year, especially with Schwartz fixing the D.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford can read a D and has a pretty quick release. Improving the line, quick throws and lining up under center would all help him . Pederson is going to have the same QB friendly O as the rest of that coaching tree. Alex Smith is as average as they come but resurrected his career. I think Bradford is twice as good as him.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you where the money comes from. You have a lot to learn.
You didn't say anything that wasn't already mentioned in the article (or even in the blurb i quoted), that is how i know you didn't read it. Bill Barnwell, a respected NFL writer who penned the article, noted that despite those potential cuts, cap issues remain with the Steelers for the forseeable future.

You didn't show anything but your ass. Now put a bag over your head so we don't have to see it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say anything that wasn't already mentioned in the article (or even in the blurb i quoted), that is how i know you didn't read it. Bill Barnwell, a respected NFL writer who penned the article, noted that despite those potential cuts, cap issues remain with the Steelers for the forseeable future.

You didn't show anything but your ass. Now put a bag over your head so we don't have to see it.
The writer was crying about losing 3 non important players. Great article. I read the blurb. It was shit. Kind of like your entire point. The cap is easy manage. Teams do it every year.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer was crying about losing 3 non important players. Great article. I read the blurb. It was shit. Kind of like your entire point. The cap is easy manage. Teams do it every year.
You're not 1/2 as intelligent as you think you are.
Instead, you're twice as stupid as you know you are.
And you just won't stop digging.

If you were any kind of smart, you would realize, you dont have to admit you're wrong, but you could just as easily STFU, believe you are right, and still save face. But we all know you're not sharp enough to do that. So, here:
latest?cb=20140914194044

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Bradford's last 7 showed glimpses of Eli and Flacco's best days. Definitely enough to grab a Bowl win.

if you believe this, then you should have believed that McNabb could get us one. You still never answer the fact that McNabb's playoff record was better in 2004 when he lost the SB, than Peyton Mannings playoff record the year he WON a SB.

I don't mind keeping Bradford, but not at any major expense or further sacrifice to the team. He does not 'have it' and is most certainly NOT elite. Putting him in the same breath as Warner is a joke. The absurdity just keeps growing. That alone should show the weakness of the argument/opinion. IF we can get a 2nd round back for Bradford - I'd do it in a heartbeat. Chip believed in him once, lets see if he will again.