• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for the Downers

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye Hater, remember when I told you firing Solich was going to ruin your program and you laughed at me. Well Pelini is doing his best to dig you out of that hole and as much as he can see day light, he's not clearly out of it.

Firing Solich was not a mistake. There was a lot of issues with his tenure that never made the headlines, and he couldn't recruit. Nebraska would have had a very bad run with Solich- just as they did with Callahan.

Hiring Callyclown was the biggest mistake in the history of Nebraska football. Urban Meyer should have left Utah for Nebraska...

Pelini is his biggest enemy. He brought people up through the ranks instead of hiring proven assistants, he continualy keeps out scheming his own team, its easy to see Nebraska defenders can't react because they are too busy thinking..

I honestly think if Pelini would have "dumbed down" his system Nebraska would be 4-0 in it's last 4 conference title games instead of 0-3.. And if he would have brought in proven assitants instead of being loyal, then Nebraska would have been "back". Nebraska has the talent, but Pelini is not doing a good enough job- especially on game day. The players get lost, then they give up the big play- then they fold mentally and give up. And wisconsin just scored again.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2,

You certainly have poked the bears on this message board. When you use numbers from the win-loss account, well, some don't like how they look and what it means. While you have pulled out two three-year stretches...that is interesting and telling. However, I look at the overall record that KF has. KF is averaging 7 wins and 5 losses per year. Given the history of Iowa football, that is a solid number. However, after PROVING that a coach can win - and win big - at Iowa, the fan base now wants that every year.

**edited for length***

My simplistic thinking is, 6 years out of 14 being really good is not worth 8 years of being bad.

I often think Iowa is selling itself short when I hear your fan base. What ferentz did in his first 5 years should have been built upon.

History is cool- but history can always be rewritten. A lot of Nebraska fans live in the past and expect us to go undefeated every year- simply almost impossible to imagine- yes USC had a great run, Alabama is having a great run- but those runs are going to get fewer and fewer as football gets more watered down.

I see no reason why Iowa shouldn't win 9 games every year- I guess that is my whole thing with Ferentz- how he gets paid so much and can't consistantly produce 9 wins???

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree with you regarding KF's salary and his win totals per year, I have found that no one in the world but fans see a correlation between salary and wins when it comes to this topic

they do in other sports but apparently not always, for ex. if the Yankees with their giant payroll fail to win every year their fan base gets upset and haters laugh, their players are paid to win and more often than not they do

college football seems different in that you have KF, Mack Brown, some others who are very highly paid and do not win consistently but are still paid highly without any seemingly answers for why they didn't win...or in KF's case at times, well the players didn't execute...hate that excuse from him

still I have no idea how much Pelini is paid, but he has been there how long and has how many wins/losses...his only issue is not really winning the big game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...... If we throw out 3 yrs (which happen to all be top 10 finishes) Ferentz is .500... That may be as dumb as Obama saying "that could have been me". I could easily say what if you threw out his worst 3yrs.....

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...if we throw out every teams best years they would look like a scrub too

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really doesn't matter in the end what we think about salaries or records for any coach, we don't hire them or fire them, sure we can gripe and sure the AD's hear that, but for me, I am supporting the Iowa Hawkeyes this year and feel that we will be winning again and going to a bowl no matter what anyone wants to say

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron.it's not that big...at least I've been told!!

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's a different mentality..... of a winning program- and one that doesn't....

If any Nebraska coach only had 3 good years out of 14....... He wouldn't be the Nebraska coach.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right but last time I checked this is an Iowa board...we are good for now, not much we can do since Barta extended him til 2020 anyway, coming to us to get your digs in seems kind of less classy than maybe coming and saying, well KF is ok, but too bad your AD extended him so far with this record, hope our rivalry becomes a great one...but I assume this kind of expression didn't cross your mind

We can't control the coaching decision from a discussion board...technically if you want to nitpick, you are trolling, but at least it's not as bad as others we saw on CBS

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the whole Iowa fan base is okay with Ferentz....

I'm not at all attempting to troll- I could- but I like Herky and HRUF.....

Having a different opinion of the majority is not trolling. If I was trolling or started to, Herky would warn me and then remove me from the board if I continued.

The truth is I would like Iowa to elevate their program and become a rival with Nebraska, as I live and work in the Sioux City metro., and I'm certain that Ferentz can not do the job.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it seems that you guys simply want this board to yourself, which is okay I guess- just seems odd..

You obviously haven't looked at how many people who aren't Nebraska fans visit the Husker board.

There are plenty of only Nebraska boards I could go to, but without interaction from other fan bases it just seems pointless as most everyone has the same opinions....

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you will have to enlighten me on your definition of trolling...to me it's going to a fan base to instigate crap to that fan base thus inciting a general feeling of annoyance, we have Hoops for that and at least he supports the team

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, I really don't care if you come to the site, as you say, nice to interact with another fan base, just does irk us since your name is HH, if you want to change to BadgerHater, I think it would open up a lot of feelings of niceness or even GopherHater, BuckeyeHater, etc...your choice

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense he used to be a jayhawk hater when we were in the b12. And it's just me but I would take it as a compliment that he set his sites on Iowa out of all the B1G.

And really a little bit of trolling is harmless. It's your thread but he's right. It get downright boring without a someone stirring the shit occasionally.

I'd recommend lightening up a little, after all you are Iowa.:lol: :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only propblem with Ferentz is his lack of willingness to change his schemes to fit his personnel. ALL coaches make mistakes in game, Iowas are amplified because Iowa plays SO MANY close games ( usually because our style makes them that way). A truly great coach can adapt his style to fit his team and even Frentz has shown the ability to do that ( 2004 anyone??). Problem is that as time has passed he seems less willing to do that.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly get on board with anyone who hates the Jayhawks, can't stand that team either

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense he used to be a jayhawk hater when we were in the b12. And it's just me but I would take it as a compliment that he set his sites on Iowa out of all the B1G.

And really a little bit of trolling is harmless. It's your thread but he's right. It get downright boring without a someone stirring the shit occasionally.

I'd recommend lightening up a little, after all you are Iowa.:lol: :suds:

Kstatehater!!!

And yes it should be seen as a compliment..... I wouldn't give the fucking worthless fucks in madison the glory of thinking that I give two shits about them.... Their fans rank right up there with Colorado fans when it comes to class..

I like Iowa fan... I have more than a dozen drinkin buddies that are Iowa fans.

I just can't figure out how they can support Ferentz. Have had many debates on the subject, and the best answer I've receieved is- we are Iowa, we aren't supposed to be good- and that's a shitty answer, and it annoys me....

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day I'm really not sure who Iowa could get that would be much better...if we would have given Stoops the job I'm sure he wouldn't have had the same success as he has had at OU...I think Iowa football is about a year away...maybe in 2021 we'll get Diaco

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is the thing, Stoops was offered the job and turned it down...but due to that 3 year run of success they gave KF a 10 year contract ugh...so the it seemed he got complacent and kind of still is in the game calling, no imagination at all and the few times the no huddle worked, he didn't stick with it...then only one QB last year? Who does that? No one in the NCAA did it but him. One RB usually too, never give anyone else a chance.

Also pissed me off that Meyers could not kick a touchback, ever...he got better last year, but I think the best kick is between the goal line and 3 yard line, even the 5.

KF also throws the kids under the bus, when they lost he said well they didn't execute, the plays were just fine..yet I know Aaron, Clem, Jerry, me, even Hoops are at home virtually calling every play and from what I see the vets on this site were likely the same.

However, it's that long contract that kills us, even if we did want to switch coaches, that's a hefty $10 million buyout and ridiculous. Meanwhile ex Iowa guys are moving up right and left...would have loved to get Mark Stoops in some way, or even have had Brent Venables, or we could have offered Jimbo Fisher a few years ago, etc...

That said, we stick with KF cause that is who we got, and we can only hope with year 2 under his belt that Davis will run the offense a bit better and put his product on the field that he ran when he was in his prime at Texas that did so well.