• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situtation

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go:

Siemian - Trevor is wound pretty tight. He played like a robotic game manager and did well, but as Lucas pointed out in another thread - he had trouble handling the pick6 emotionally after the interception. The interception - itself - was a stare down WR target read by the Safety - which is the mistake you most want to get fixed in a young QB. Maybe he will show growth.

Sanchez - Plays and executes well - until a moment of chaos comes in the pocket - then the ball becomes a hot potato. Siemian makes the rookie mistake - and Sanchez reinforces him butt fumble image.

P Lynch - Marvelous attitude - great instincts as a QB - great passer. Runs much faster than I thought he could. Carries the team emotionally - when he is on the field. Also makes rookie mistakes.

I'm surprised to conclude - the sooner the Broncos go to Lynch as a starter - the better off they will be. However, I'd start the early tough schedule with Sanchez - and run the heck out of the ball.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great breakdown Mingo

My ideal was to sit Lynch til 17. Things has changed this summer. The fact is Carolina will kill any of these QB's. none have shown they are ready for spotlight. I would roll with Lynch and take our lumps. Kubes is good at adapting O in learning curve. Siemian and Sanchez can't handle preseason FB how are they going to handle reg game pressure.

If they go Lynch they at least have less PR nightmare of learning curve by fans media.

I think playing Sanchez one game then try Siemian the next along with put Lynch in questions all the time will divide team worse.

I know one thing I don't envy Kubes at all right now.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the two fumbles (gotta know when to just eat the sack), I think Sanchez looked pretty good last night. He made a few really nice throws and he seems to have good control of the offense. These next two games will be more interesting, as I think they'll open things up more a little more.

Siemian looked pretty solid, but the pick 6 was just a bonehead play. Reid was sitting on a slant from the snap of the ball. He made three really nice plays I can remember - one on a bootleg with Ahmad Brooks in his face, one to Latimer, and then an out route pass to Jordan Taylor (loved seeing him make plays) Again, I hope they open things up more next week for Siemian too.

I'm really, really glad they drafted Lynch. I know he's taken some sacks, and had to run a little more than we all probably would like to be seeing, but he's shown some flashes stepping up into the pocket and making throws, or making the right check downs. He looks very comfortable back there when he's got time and can undoubtedly make any throw.

Good call up above about not wanting to be Kubiak. I think it'll ultimately be Sanchez week one, but if these 3 all continue to play well the next two games it'll certainly make that decision harder to make.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I'd like to see Lynch start vs. the Rams: I'm interested to see Lynch in a game behind the starting O-line. Something tells me he won't get as thrown off his game after a mistake like Siemian did.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez in the pocket will not work . Rolling pocket will help IMO .. But he looks scared to death . If you are going to Sanchez in the pocket the running game better be top notch .. Because teams are going to crash the pocket every play other wise

Siemian I would not say he was affected that would take a hole game to say that .. I might say he was being to carful the next set of downs but that is not a whole game to state that ...

I would prefer starting the Rookie after last night I get it he is green and still learning the plays oh well so be it .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers were being a little prickish anyways .. they sent the house over and over . 2nd team OL and 3rd team OL are a little bad at picking this up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos open on Thursday night - which I think means - they should settle on a starter quickly so that he can get the reps prior to opening night.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian should get one more shot make all the # 1 OL work with him the first half and see what we got ... Open up the play book and make him make throws down field .

His arm is good enough .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen enough of Sanchez he is a good back up at this point . his eyes are not looking down field ... he is looking at the rush .. he is done as a starting NFL QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos open on Thursday night - which I think means - they should settle on a starter quickly so that he can get the reps prior to opening night.

Sanchez and Siemian are screwing the pooch here

Says who ? .... The fans

Which fans ? ... All of them

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. This will be our 3rd PS game coming up, which is the game where the starters playing their most. Often 3 quarters... I think we will know who the leader is based off who starts this coming week. That person may not play the full 3 quarters if it isn't decided, but I would sorta expect an announcement on a week 1 starter after this game.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to reserve judgment of our QB situation for a later date. Seems they all had a rough game on Saturday but they were not surprising. We have known for quite a while that Sanchez is capable of the level of derp. Simien might be outkicking his punt coverage and Lynch is going to make rookie mistakes.

After the QB play we had last year it was pretty much on par. Hopefully, they each learn something from Saturday's outing and can make adjustments for the future.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussed with CD7 many times this spring, I think Lynch was a great pick up on draft day...SF will hate that they weren't more aggressive to get this kid...who moves back into the 1st to get a G?

None of the QBs are going to play mistake-free ball...If he looks in command, I think they should ride the kid game one.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Mark Sanchez.

Lynch is not ready and Seimian looked like Debbie Downer with his demeanor after the pick 6 and basically Seimian is a rookie as well and will make rookie mistakes. Really disconcerting that Sanchez fumbled twice twice inside SF territory.

Also push the guy out of bounds at the 3 instead of falling down. Let your D try to clean up your mess. Even my wife could see he may a failed attempt to tackle #35.

Sanchez is not going to throw 30 times a game. You can control his pass attempts but can't game plan for his fumbles.

I don't like the narrative that last year's QB play was bad so we can settle for bad this year.

Elway made his bed and now he has to sleep in it.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play does not make you become not a starter . Seimian was in one or two series after the pick ... plenty players go into funks ... you have no clue as to Seimian mind set or were he would be at the end of a game or if he has the eye of the tiger once the game is on the line .

For that reason I think Seimian should start again and tell him if were winning at the end of the 3rd Quartwe he is starter . when we sit the starters .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Mark Sanchez.

Lynch is not ready and Seimian looked like Debbie Downer with his demeanor after the pick 6 and basically Seimian is a rookie as well and will make rookie mistakes. Really disconcerting that Sanchez fumbled twice twice inside SF territory.

Also push the guy out of bounds at the 3 instead of falling down. Let your D try to clean up your mess. Even my wife could see he may a failed attempt to tackle #35.

Sanchez is not going to throw 30 times a game. You can control his pass attempts but can't game plan for his fumbles.

I don't like the narrative that last year's QB play was bad so we can settle for bad this year.

Elway made his bed and now he has to sleep in it.

I agree. I think you have to roll with Sanchez now and hope Lynch is ready down the line.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree

Sanchez/Siemian/Lynch

I expect all three to start in 16. FO hopes first two will do ok enough to let Lynch sit learn most of the year.