• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Public land deer

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son # 1 and me have been scouting hard and found a dead perfect spot that has been overlooked by everyone because of it's proximity to a township park and a fucking asshole farm owner. It's a 100 yard strip that borders both and unless you know that area like I do, you will get about 20 feet into it and the sticker bushes will have carved your ass up to the point of saying "fuck it!".

Problem now is that a 200lb freakin horse of a doe jumped the fence line and got killed on the highway that borders it. It appears that she's only been there a day at most but if other die hard hunters like myself have driven by and seen where she got killed at they might spot the only way into that area.

:frusty:

I hooked the pig up with some rope and dragged her about 100-125 yards to a "safer area" so hopefully I got her moved quick enough to preserve my spot. :madgrin:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of guys go through this kind of shit to hold a secret spot? lol

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of guys go through this kind of shit to hold a secret spot? lol

State land where I've been hunting the last 20+ years, when you drive past on the freeway, it looks wet and nasty, it's actally 3-4 feet deep along the road, but get 50-60 yards in and it's dry and filled with 100 year old cedar and oaks, until last year when the state came in and lumbered it out....

We built a walking bridge to get into the area, put the logs in when we hunt, take them out when we leave... or at least we did.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. :L

Have you been back in there since they gutted it?

SLSKOW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a honey hole in the Rawahs that produces every year. I have even built a dead man on the edge of the meadow and it has never been tampered with. Doesn't matter deer or elk, male or female, I tag out in 1 day every year. I have seen a few vehicles where we park at but everyone heads north from the parking lot while I head south for about a 2 mile hike.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only hunted private land so I haven't had to mess with that yet.