• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PS4 Unveiled

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/technology/sony-unveils-playstation-4-aiming-for-return-to-glory.html

Some snippets from the article:

he first new PlayStation in seven years was touted by Sony as being like a “supercharged PC.” It has a souped-up eight-core processor to juggle more complex tasks simultaneously, enhanced graphics, the ability to play games even as they are being downloaded, and a new controller designed in tandem with a “stereo camera” that can sense the depth of the environment in front of it.

With PlayStation 4, serious gaming is about to become much more social. A player can broadcast his gameplay in real time, and his friend can peek into his game and hop in to help. Also, they will now be able to upload recordings of themselves playing and send them to their hardcore friends, who will possibly want to watch when they are not playing themselves.

Sony has teamed up with Gaikai, the online gaming company it bought last year, to store PlayStation content in the cloud. PlayStation 4 games can be streamed to the PlayStation Vita, Sony’s portable gaming device, among other features.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thumbs "meh" from this guy.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the whole press conference - graphics/capabilities looked impressive.

That said.....bitches never showed the GD system. -_-

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read anything in detail but if they spent most of the time talking about the system's "sharing" capabilities, they wasted everyone's time. I don't give two fucks about my friends being able to see my game footage in real time

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the touchpad in the middle of the controller could be used in a lot of cool ways. Also a lot of very very dumb ways.

I'm really not all that impressed. I'm planning on buying the x box right now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read anything in detail but if they spent most of the time talking about the system's "sharing" capabilities, they wasted everyone's time. I don't give two fucks about my friends being able to see my game footage in real time

Exactly. But the video game makers know that they can get free advertising from youtube type videos, so that is what they are playing up. I see no reason to go out and spend $499+, which we all know this thing will be priced at, for this system.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread, buying one immediately is fucking stupid because it's guaranteed to be filled with bugs/glitches/horribleness. I'll wait a couple of years before trying it out. Unless I win the Powerball. Then I'll but whatever the fuck I want.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the touchpad in the middle of the controller could be used in a lot of cool ways. Also a lot of very very dumb ways.

I'm really not all that impressed. I'm planning on buying the x box right now.

Same, but I do want to see exactly what's up with it first though. If Microsoft does some of this shit Sony is doing I'll prolly just stick with the 360 I already have.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to read a little more up on this, but for those that don't like the game sharing and what not, that is where things are going. That's what kids like these days and want to do. Not to mention I hate having to take my system over to a friends house in order to play some co-op games. However, the online BS is stupid.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..... "Mark Cerny, lead architect of PlayStation 4, showed a game controller on Wednesday. The console itself was not shown. " :L

Still looking at Microsoft's 720, but it won't be immediant. Just curious on how far out these new game systems will go. Feel like Microsoft is willing to push the extreme envelope more when it comes to game consoles becasue they know how big the XBOX is to thier corporation.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<-------Was wrong a few months ago when we had this discussion. :L :lol: