• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projected starters

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what NFL.com thinks...

Two stand out...

On what planet does Vereen beat out Mundy?

Kyle Fuller is the number 1 corner.

Offense

QB Jay Cutler
RB Matt Forte
WR1 Alshon Jeffrey
WR2 Kevin White
WR3 Eddie Royal
TE Martellus Bennett
LT Jermon Bushrod
LG Matt Slauson
C Hroniss Grasu
RG Kyle Long
RT Jordan Mills

Defense
DE Ray McDonald
DT Eddie Goldman
DE Jay Ratliff
OLB Pernell McPhee
ILB Jon Bostic
ILB Mason Foster
OLB Jared Allen
CB1 Tim Jennings
CB2 Kyle Fuller
SS Antrel Rolle
FS Brock Vereen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team that can compete most weeks. Heck with good QB play could win 10. Were moving in the right direction.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Noon. Honestly, on paper… this team really is not bad. Then take into account that the coaching staff should be improved. I mean, who the hell knows… Maybe with the expectations lowered, Jay plays well. I'm not saying he plays like we have hoped for all of these years, those hopes are long gone. Maybe he can just play good enough, like he did in 2010 and 2011.

I'm more interested to see what the defense does.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Grasu beating out Montgomery, thats a hand picked guy to captain the offensive line from John Fox. Grasu will learn from him and back him up.

Goldman will be in the mix, but he will be in when they stunt to the 4 man line.

Also agree on Mundy.

That sounds like a starting lineup week 15 or 16 when we are eliminated from the wild card.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how Jarvis Jenkins and Christian Jones play in the mix.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury, I think the Bears are shaping up on DL and at LB.

Wow, did I just say that?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how Jarvis Jenkins and Christian Jones play in the mix.

Agreed. Both are interesting follows in camp. Hell… I'm intrigued how this whole thing is going to look. So many question marks with our former 4-3 DE's and their roles as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team that can compete most weeks. Heck with good QB play could win 10. Were moving in the right direction.

I agree with Noon. Honestly, on paper… this team really is not bad. Then take into account that the coaching staff should be improved. I mean, who the hell knows… Maybe with the expectations lowered, Jay plays well. I'm not saying he plays like we have hoped for all of these years, those hopes are long gone. Maybe he can just play good enough, like he did in 2010 and 2011.

I'm more interested to see what the defense does.

it does not look bad.............but with the schedule we have,I come up with 8-8. I gave us wins over Ari.(this is 50/50),Oak.,KC(50/50),Min twice,Was.,STL(50/50 and TB........The 50/50 is I`m hoping for a win.

So I see 8,but hope Joe is right..............lol

And I thought Jays best year was in 2013.........

And I`m definetley wanting to see if our defense better.Hopefully Pernell pans out. And hopefully we can stop the run.That part was just atrocious............again.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does not look bad.............but with the schedule we have,I come up with 8-8. I gave us wins over Ari.(this is 50/50),Oak.,KC(50/50),Min twice,Was.,STL(50/50 and TB........The 50/50 is I`m hoping for a win.

So I see 8,but hope Joe is right..............lol

And I thought Jays best year was in 2013.........

And I`m definetley wanting to see if our defense better.Hopefully Pernell pans out. And hopefully we can stop the run.That part was just atrocious............again.

7-8 is about right for me as well. However, as we all know, a 7-8 win team is only a few good bounces away from being a 9-10 win team… or a 5-6 win team as well. I'm not big on picking games according to the schedule before the season gets underway. Every year, it seems we all overreact to the schedule. Some of those teams we think will be tough, will flop. Some that we think should be W's, will wind up being very formidable.

I agree that 2013 may have been Jay's best season. It's just also the season he was banged up the most, he was hurt on two separate occasions and his season was kind of broken up into segments so it's hard to get a read. To me, the end of 2010 was the most impressed I was with Jay. He started off rather poorly the first seven games, and then really adjusted to playing within himself. He steadily improved and found ways to win games. It was like he stopped fighting the fact that his line sucked and his WR's were amateur. Started getting rid of the ball quicker and being safer. He knew when to let it fly, and also when to live to see another possession. He also used his legs a lot that year, which really helped. I'd like to see him get back to that under Gase. Jay has been at his best on the move.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy if you think this team will have a winning season or even end at .500.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy if you think this team will have a winning season or even end at .500.

You're crazy if you think the NFL is that predictable.

They won 5 games last year in a complete shit storm. Three wins more with a better coaching staff is not some monumental achievement. The team is far from being hopeless from a talent standpoint. FAR… from being hopeless.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy if you think the NFL is that predictable.

They won 5 games last year in a complete shit storm. Three wins more with a better coaching staff is not some monumental achievement. The team is far from being hopeless from a talent standpoint. FAR… from being hopeless.
Well, I guess the season will prove who is crazy. I just don't see the talent you do on this team. We have some offensive talent, but defensively we have rag tag squad of young players, nobodies, and has beens. I see them struggling to stop opponents again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess the season will prove who is crazy. I just don't see the talent you do on this team. We have some offensive talent, but defensively we have rag tag squad of young players, nobodies, and has beens. I see them struggling to stop opponents again.

I agree that defensively, outside of the defensive line and McPhee… there's not much there. Also, I think you may be underestimating what a coach like Fangio is capable of. The 3-4 asks less of the individual player in the front seven. The 4-3 relies much more heavily on a players athleticism, while the 3-4 is much more gap control orientated. Especially with the LB's. Clearly you still need players to run the system correctly and make plays, but this is a very good move for this defense.

Anyway... the point is, that a mediocre team is just a few bounces away from being a playoff team. A 5 win team is just a few right bounces away from being an 8-8 team. Also visa versa. To say it's insane to think a team with some talent, even on one side of the ball could find their way to a .500 season… that's just silly. I remember heading into 2010 we all thought this was a 4-5 win team. They nearly went to the super bowl.

People need to quit acting like so many things are a "definite" in the NFL. Never underestimate the league's unpredictability. EVERY team is very talented.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that defensively, outside of the defensive line and McPhee… there's not much there. Also, I think you may be underestimating what a coach like Fangio is capable of. The 3-4 asks less of the individual player in the front seven. The 4-3 relies much more heavily on a players athleticism, while the 3-4 is much more gap control orientated. Especially with the LB's. Clearly you still need players to run the system correctly and make plays, but this is a very good move for this defense.

Anyway... the point is, that a mediocre team is just a few bounces away from being a playoff team. A 5 win team is just a few right bounces away from being an 8-8 team. Also visa versa. To say it's insane to think a team with some talent, even on one side of the ball could find their way to a .500 season… that's just silly. I remember heading into 2010 we all thought this was a 4-5 win team. They nearly went to the super bowl.

People need to quit acting like so many things are a "definite" in the NFL. Never underestimate the league's unpredictability. EVERY team is very talented.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. That near super bowl team was a farce to me though. Seattle wasn't good at the time and the packers made our team their bitch that year. I just won't get my hopes up for next year. Fangio might improve the defense, but another new Offensive Coordinator and offense isn't going to be great for Jay and the rest of the unit next year.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that starting list needs an update now that McDonald is gone. Ego to start at the 5 tech on the left? Move Ratlif over to the Right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 8 wins easy. 10 would be if we get the bounces. Our def will be middle of the pack and our O top ten. This offense is going to be good this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 8 wins easy. 10 would be if we get the bounces. Our def will be middle of the pack and our O top ten. This offense is going to be good this year.
I doubt it. I refuse to get my hopes up after the travesty that happened last year. Now, Jay Cutler has to learn a new offense again. I just don't see it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I refuse to get my hopes up after the travesty that happened last year. Now, Jay Cutler has to learn a new offense again. I just don't see it.

Well, it's safe to say Fox and Fangio have been around the block more than enough times to not let a team get away from them. There will absolutely be a new attitude. We won't see anything like last season… hopefully ever again.

Cutler played his best football in his first year under Martz and his first year under Trestman. He has experience and some success learning on the fly.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler is best his first years with coordinators because the offense is "dumbed down". All the bells and whistles dont get thrown in until the basics are established, and with Fox there is probably the guarantee that they will run the ball 25-30 times per game. This year is more on the line and the blocking for the running plays than anything with the passing game of Cutler.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this brutal schedule to start the season... I have NO clue how this team will end up. We may not even get to 6 wins or who knows if a couple staring QB's go down, we could see 10 wins, but I'm not confident at all. New systems everywhere, same old Jay. Not the way you usually set the NFL world on fire.